Which Spec deserves a nerf in pvp and why?

Crystal Paladin.3871

@Delweyn.1309 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:Meaningless post. You can't do such a poll without Mesmer on the list. No matter what.

It's so obvious that the op play mesmer but is so bad that he must find mecanics of spe in the list to hard to understand and counter.

No I don't... I play soulbeast... And planning to try out engineer or spell breaker but definitely not Mesmer... No way... If Mesmer is an option in this poll, most votes would go there... Meaningless... And you get only one vote... So let's derive some useful poll results... Why do I have to explain this??? Can't ppl understand it by their own??? Ughhhhh :/My mistake .... believing that they can think

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nekromalistik.7045 said:That perma stealth is unbearable

Perma stealth is actually pointless in rated, because for instance if you want to disengage and re-engage you have to waste time repositioning, and giving enemies time to regain a footing, and by then, enemies can win.

In the end if you are under a time frame and doing that its harder, but if it was a death match type scenario, then it would be different.Engineers can also reveal stealth players.

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:Meaningless post. You can't do such a poll without Mesmer on the list. No matter what.

Just think about it for a second what would happen if Mesmer is in the poll option.... Who would ppl vote??? It's so obvious... Why would anyone create an obvious poll??? That's a total waste... :sI would rather accept what's broken than misguide everyone with such a useless poll created on my terms.

It's hard to tell what deserves a nerf since everything is OP.I also have a problem with necromancers generally. Build( scourge or reaper) is annoying, probably not that OP, but too many players have no idea how to fight it and it takes 1-2 players from a team to lose a game against 2 necros. There's a part of L2P for sure. That being said, scourge and reaper are way too easy to play considering the risk/reward. Probably anyone can have good results with them.

Herald - 50% damage nerf at sword off hand skillsHolosmith - 20% dps nerfDeadeye - 20% damage nerf at death judgementSoulbeast - 20% dps nerfReaper - 30% damage nerf at shroud skills (keep quickness)Necromancer - Rework on Transfusion. Keep pull, but remove resurrection bonusEdit -Mirage - Remove break stun from mirage cloak

@breno.5423 said:Herald - 50% damage nerf at sword off hand skillsHolosmith - 20% dps nerfDeadeye - 20% damage nerf at death judgementSoulbeast - 20% dps nerfReaper - 30% damage nerf at shroud skills (keep quickness)Necromancer - Rework on Transfusion. Keep pull, but remove resurrection bonus

Not going to happen, especially when warriors and revenants can provide better sustain mobility and dmg.

Not unless every other class gets nerfed, including the one not listed because of a certain amount of lets say:favoritism? i'm talking about the most overpowered class, i'm talking about mesmers.

Due to the amount of power creep it would create nerfing reaper, you would have to nerf other classes 75-80% to balance it out.

The reason is simple:reaper is balanced in a way that its counter in pvp is don't facetank it.If you facetank it you die.If you nerf the dmg it cannot counterpressure anymore, so its simple:L2P

Reaper lacks sustain and mobility and makes up for it in dmg.Nerf the dmg you no longer have much of anything anymore.

@Axl.8924 said:

@"breno.5423" said:Herald - 50% damage nerf at sword off hand skillsHolosmith - 20% dps nerfDeadeye - 20% damage nerf at death judgementSoulbeast - 20% dps nerfReaper - 30% damage nerf at shroud skills (keep quickness)Necromancer - Rework on Transfusion. Keep pull, but remove resurrection bonus

Not going to happen, especially when warriors and revenants can provide better sustain mobility and dmg.

Not unless every other class gets nerfed, including the one not listed because of a certain amount of lets say:favoritism? i'm talking about the most overpowered class, i'm talking about mesmers.

Due to the amount of power creep it would create nerfing reaper, you would have to nerf other classes 75-80% to balance it out.

The reason is simple:reaper is balanced in a way that its counter in pvp is don't facetank it.If you facetank it you die.If you nerf the dmg it cannot counterpressure anymore, so its simple:L2P

Reaper lacks sustain and mobility and makes up for it in dmg.Nerf the dmg you no longer have much of anything anymore.

If anything, your post and icon shows favoritism towards reaper."Just don't face tank". Shroud 4 radius is almost the size of most nodes. To fight a reaper on point, you'll need teammates and prof that excels in teamfights. Which means you need necro (reaper or scourge).Remember how people said scourge is a braindead class? Reaper is even easier. The hardest part of reaper play is stowing the elite.

@nativity.3057 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@"breno.5423" said:Herald - 50% damage nerf at sword off hand skillsHolosmith - 20% dps nerfDeadeye - 20% damage nerf at death judgementSoulbeast - 20% dps nerfReaper - 30% damage nerf at shroud skills (keep quickness)Necromancer - Rework on Transfusion. Keep pull, but remove resurrection bonus

If anything, your post and icon shows favoritism towards reaper."Just don't face tank". Shroud 4 radius is almost the size of most nodes. To fight a reaper on point, you'll need teammates and prof that excels in teamfights. Which means you need necro (reaper or scourge).Remember how people said scourge is a braindead class? Reaper is even easier. The hardest part of reaper play is stowing the elite.

I don't like responding angry and i heavily edited this because also think all it does is provoke, but can we be reasonable instead of circlejerk nerf QQing and killing reaper? i mean there are other classes that more deserve the nerf than reaper, especially since the hell that necro has ben put through, such as mesmers who are always the kings of everything, warriors with full counter sustain and their dmg in other ways should never happen, instant burst deadeyes for instance.

You got classes that outperform necros in every way, and the class which has the most counters to, you want nerfed, and you call me bias?

Everyone has a favoritism you me everyone.You are obvious a favoritist to something else, so its pot calling kettle black.

The solution when you encounter a difficult pvp situation isn't to ram your head into the wall repeatedly until your skull caves in, but to look up videos and guides how to play, and to learn from your mistakes, because thats how you git gud.You won't get good if you keep running into the reaper and keep facetanking him and allowing him to hit you.So he hits hard, so does warrior/mesmer/holosmith/Deadeye etc.Reaper isn't the only class that hits hard, it doesn't make it a good excuse to nerf them.The fact that their tools are outdated and you got classes with more cc and updates means it should be fairly easy to counter if you pay attention.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

And you and others show hatred towards anything thats not your class, in fact you are a meme:

Rock is overpowered buff paper scissors is fine.

I told you and i'l tell you a million times:If you nerf reaper, then you have to nerf every single class, or reaper will fall apart.You will have to nerf mobility dps and sustain of Rangers, mesmers, thieves, elementalists, guardians, warriors and engineers, because you will create such a huge disparity and power creep, that reapers will be too weak.

Also people are super used to reapers being weak, that they facetank them instead of kiting them and actually using you know strategy?

You aren't supposed to tank a reaper, you have to use strategy and adapt your abilities.Only people dying are very bad players who probably run up and facetank adn allow them to chill.

Reapers hit very very hard but are easy to cc easy to kite and very easy to range.

Its not bias as much as common sense, which a lot of people don't have or don't care to look up or read, because i happen to play multiple classes in pve and i don't even pvp on reaper, because i pvp on thief in rated, which has its own set of problems, and furthermore, the qqing will kill reapers in pve, which should not even be touched, and pvp doesn't need it.

I'm going to give you advice:learn to play, stop facetanking stop being bad and watch a youtube video on how to pvp.Don't come here crying to nerf a class and blame it on a class that has more than a couple obvious glaring weaknesses because you don't know how to play.Heck even a good warrior if he's smart can kill a reaper if he doesn't allow reaper to slash him, because counter warriors have tons of sustain.

You're going to give me L2P advice?I literally made Necro a few days ago. First day I roamed and zerged as Reaper and Scourge. Next day I played 11 PvP matches. 1 practice unranked and the rest were my 10 placement matches. I'm plat2 now. Reaper is legitimately the most brainless class to play, and I'm a guardian main (Edit: I'm a one trick core guard)

O> @nativity.3057 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

And you and others show hatred towards anything thats not your class, in fact you are a meme:

I told you and i'l tell you a million times:If you nerf reaper, then you have to nerf every single class, or reaper will fall apart.You will have to nerf mobility dps and sustain of Rangers, mesmers, thieves, elementalists, guardians, warriors and engineers, because you will create such a huge disparity and power creep, that reapers will be too weak.

Also people are super used to reapers being weak, that they facetank them instead of kiting them and actually using you know strategy?

You aren't supposed to tank a reaper, you have to use strategy and adapt your abilities.Only people dying are very bad players who probably run up and facetank adn allow them to chill.

Reapers hit very very hard but are easy to cc easy to kite and very easy to range.

Its not bias as much as common sense, which a lot of people don't have or don't care to look up or read, because i happen to play multiple classes in pve and i don't even pvp on reaper, because i pvp on thief in rated, which has its own set of problems, and furthermore, the qqing will kill reapers in pve, which should not even be touched, and pvp doesn't need it.

I'm going to give you advice:learn to play, stop facetanking stop being bad and watch a youtube video on how to pvp.Don't come here crying to nerf a class and blame it on a class that has more than a couple obvious glaring weaknesses because you don't know how to play.Heck even a good warrior if he's smart can kill a reaper if he doesn't allow reaper to slash him, because counter warriors have tons of sustain.

You're going to give me L2P advice?I literally made Necro a few days ago. First day I roamed and zerged as Reaper and Scourge. Next day I played 11 PvP matches. 1 practice unranked and the rest were my 10 placement matches. I'm plat2 now. Reaper is legitimately the most brainless class to play, and I'm a guardian main (Edit: I'm a one trick core guard)

I'm going to call you on this one and want evidence.

I bet your unrated and got wrecked by a necro or you are a bronze level player.

@Axl.8924 said:O> @nativity.3057 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

I'm going to call you on this one and want evidence.

I bet your unrated and got wrecked by a necro or you are a bronze level player.

???https://imgur.com/a/vRooIyV

Are you sure it wasn't because a lot of players are bad and don't know how to fight reapers? besides how do i know its really you? show a youtube video of you playing so we can see you show your real class too while your at it.

And if your wondering why i'm hostile its because of this:You aren't the first one to ask for nerf, and not the last one either, and a lot of others also agree reaper doesn't need nerfed because it has plenty of counters.If you nerf it then you create a class that has all counters no strengths, and it becomes a meme build that won't get far.

As some called it:a noobkiller build.

@Axl.8924 said:Are you sure it wasn't because a lot of players are bad and don't know how to fight reapers? besides how do i know its really you? show a youtube video of you playing so we can see you show your real class too while your at it.

And if your wondering why i'm hostile its because of this:You aren't the first one to ask for nerf, and not the last one either, and a lot of others also agree reaper doesn't need nerfed because it has plenty of counters.If you nerf it then you create a class that has all counters no strengths, and it becomes a meme build that won't get far.

As some called it:a noobkiller build.

Do you want my API key so you can see for yourself in GW2efficiency?I said I've only played Necro recently and have 11 games on it. I'm not going to scour the internet to find a picture to fit my narrative.

I don't make content videos, and won't start for GW2 because I would only upload WvW montages, and that's overdone.

@"Axl.8924" said:It does say the last 2 days doesn't show long term like if you practiced or not.Its pretty clear you didn't go in without practicing some, because a newbie on a fresh class would get wrecked.

straight snip from GW2efficiencyIt shows all games played, including unranked and ranked, probably custom arena too. You can also see my thief win rate. Fresh on the class I have a 16% win rate.

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:WHERE IS MIRAGE!!!! I will keep posting asking this question on this BS MISLEADING POLL.

If you feel any class is op other than mirage, you can cast votes on it... And if possible, explain why and if you think there's a counter play, you can post that too...

Not really because this Poll is misleading and makes its look like Mirage is fine.

You should allow it so that all the mesmer mains can show us who their counter is (lol). Because the only ones not voting Mirage will be Mirage mains.

@Delweyn.1309 said:

It's so obvious that the op play mesmer but is so bad that he must find mecanics of spe in the list to hard to understand and counter.

I think OP put those classes/specs on the exclusion list for this poll since he's of the opinion that they're objectively overtuned and in need of a nerf. No one in their right mind can honestly think mirage and scourge are currently fine and not in need of a nerf... then again, by this same logic, daredevil, scrapper and ele don't belong on that list so it's not completely clear what OP's reasoning is for the exclusions.

@Crystal Paladin.3871 care to clarify?

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:WHERE IS MIRAGE!!!! I will keep posting asking this question on this BS MISLEADING POLL.

If you feel any class is op other than mirage, you can cast votes on it... And if possible, explain why and if you think there's a counter play, you can post that too...

Not really because this Poll is misleading and makes its look like Mirage is fine.

You should allow it so that all the mesmer mains can show us who their counter is (lol).
Because the only ones not voting Mirage will be Mirage mains

;) Thought about that... It'd be funny... Everyone vote Mesmer... Mesmer mains will vote their counters.... True...

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

I think OP put those classes/specs on the exclusion list for this poll since he's of the opinion that they're objectively overtuned and in need of a nerf. No one in their right mind can honestly think mirage and scourge are currently fine and not in need of a nerf... then again, by this same logic, daredevil, scrapper and ele don't belong on that list so it's not completely clear what OP's reasoning is for the exclusions.

@Crystal Paladin.3871 care to clarify?

Excluded some class which are too much OP and some over nerfed classes and hard to play and also not much dmg classes...Daredevil, well... Should've included... But... That's my mistake... Varying opinions on scattered post... but if you feel Daredevil is OP, please do share it with us and also counter plays...

One of my main intention for this post is to make it a collective thread about OP classes and counters so ppl need not visit every profession forum and read all thread to get the theoretical experience for PVP class counters

Edit: of course this poll might be inconsistent with next balance update... But ppl could get some extra idea on how to counter OP classes...Mirage... eeehhh , idk... If I include it, the objective of this post might go off topic and becomes a debate... So... That's what it is

Archived