Guys can we let this traits go?

rbbthole.9074

@Poelala.2830 said:If you think there's any way a war can exist in any competitive environment without at least Defy Pain you're incredibly unaware about the weaknesses of war, and your opinion of its balance is immediately null of value. Warrior is already a B tier class right now and you want more nerfs? Ridiculous.

@alcopaul.2156 said:defy pain is only 5 seconds and 45 cooldown and you feel threatened by it. lel. que horror? you must be horrorized by the terribear.

It's funny how some people give their contribution without even reading what I wrote in many replies. Btw I'm not talking about class balance guys but about game design, this trait are poorly designed to me because they literally play for you. I'm well aware that many class need them to survive and in fact their removal would need a balance, but that's for another topic.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:If those traits/effect were removed you'd soon find other traits/effects unbearable and ask ANet to remove them as well. Traits are part of the identity of each profession and trigger upon specific conditions, if you don't think that these traits have their place in PvP, then it just mean that professions and their set of own specificity don't have their place in your "ideal" PvP.

Now, know that PvE minigames like survival at southsun cove couldn't fit more what seem to be your idea of PvP. You get to fight other players without the help of any trait or any specific aspect of any profession.

I disagree with almost everything you said.First I don't find them unbearable but poorly disigned, second this trait have literally no identity whatsoever, just an autoplay factor on them and third you can't claim what I'll do next. My ideal PvP isn't the most balanced but the one that require the most active play to be played (maybe with monthly patch too, but hey that won't happen)

Edit#1: Typo

@"cryorion.9532" said:EDIT: NVM, I should learn to read properly.

About those dodge/evasion traits:I still don't understand what anet thought when they designed mirage and deadeye dodge effects... it is disgusting.

Yeah, but I can understand them. For example at start DE were totally outclassed by DrD, even by Core, and that was due to profession design so they had to fix it and had to do quickly or the player will riot against them. That lead to their "redesign" and helping trait like silent scope. At least this is what I suppose.

@rbbthole.9074 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:If those traits/effect were removed you'd soon find other traits/effects unbearable and ask ANet to remove them as well. Traits are part of the identity of each profession and trigger upon specific conditions, if you don't think that these traits have their place in PvP, then it just mean that professions and their set of own specificity don't have their place in your "ideal" PvP.

Now, know that PvE minigames like
survival at southsun cove
couldn't fit more what seem to be your idea of PvP. You get to fight other players without the help of any trait or any specific aspect of any profession.

I disagree with almost everything you said.First I don't find them unbearable but poorly disigned, second this trait have literally no identity whatsoever, just an autoplay factor on them and third you can't claim what I'll do next. My ideal PvP isn't the most balanced but the one that require the most active play to be played (maybe with monthly patch too, but hey that won't happen)

Edit#1: Typo

So all in all you'd have to add quite a few trait on your list:On dodge effect (since for you it's passive gameplay): All in all, 20 traits to totally change.Traits that proc when your health fall below a certain level (since again for you it's passive gameplay): around 2 to 3 per profession, let's say 23.Traits that proc when you receive specific or a certain amount of different conditions (same than the rest it's passive by your definition): quite a few as well...Falling traits (passive, right?): 9When you suffer from a CC (still passive): 9+

You can disagree all you want, traits similar to what you deem toxic for PvP, promoting "passive" gameplay amount to at least half of the trait pool in the game. The only way for ANet to achieve your ideal active PvP would be to simply disable traitlines in PvP.

Like you say your ideal PvP isn't very balanced since there are profession that would benefit a lot more than other from not having any traits, mainly, profession with a lot of skills with defensive effect and good mobility on skill.

@SoulSin.5682 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:Ah yes, this week's thread about this.

With the addition of dodge traits as well.

Hilarious! Keep it up

Can you provide me a reason, or even a couple, on how this traits are an healthy things for this game?As you can see it's not a rant over a specific profession, but a spread game design that I found clearly unnecessary

Removing the "Lifesaver" traits will make the power creep even worse, since you will be able to flatly take down someone from 100 to 0 without any chance of reaction.And I am not talking about classes that are already capable of doing it. I mean everyone else that can use 2-3 sources of damage in 0,5 seconds.

I'm fine with all these, but I have to say as someone who rarely runs any of these unless war or engie; Rarely am I 100 to 0 unless I'm caught completely off guard to the point of being in tabs or typing.

Although I don't see as much of a problem with them outside of maybe engie and ranger, people will not instantly start dropping like flies if these traits were deleted, and it would raise the skill floor for quite a few professions.

If people do need them as a crutch I think it's healthier to throw them into games without that safety net and let them grow.Most of what is on OP's list is not imba though.

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@Poelala.2830 said:If you think there's any way a war can exist in any competitive environment without at least Defy Pain you're incredibly unaware about the weaknesses of war, and your opinion of its balance is immediately null of value. Warrior is already a B tier class right now and you want more nerfs? Ridiculous.

LoLbut the SB is a S tier class right nowand core warrior is one of the few viable core in game right knowdont believe me take a look at ele and necrocore necro is F tier class right nowreaper is a C tier class right nowscourge is a B+ tier class right nowele even worst

Wrong. Spellbreaker is B tier now that after all the nerfs all classes except necro beats it 1v1.Reaper is S tier after buffs, look at how many reapers are in a game (3+ average for me) vs scourge.Scourge is A tier.You don't know anything.

@Poelala.2830 said:

LoLbut the SB is a S tier class right nowand core warrior is one of the few viable core in game right knowdont believe me take a look at ele and necrocore necro is F tier class right nowreaper is a C tier class right nowscourge is a B+ tier class right nowele even worst

Wrong. Spellbreaker is B tier now that after all the nerfs all classes except necro beats it 1v1.Reaper is S tier after buffs, look at how many reapers are in a game (3+ average for me) vs scourge.Scourge is A tier.You don't know anything.

LMAOScourge is A tier even after the dhuumfire nerf !!!Reaper is S tier that why I see a lot of reapers in top 25!

@Poelala.2830 said:

Since when classes are good or bad depending on what they can beat 1x1 ?

@SoulSin.5682 said:

Since war’s entire role is to rush far and win or atall that 1v1.

@Poelala.2830 said:

Since war’s entire role is to rush far and win or atall that 1v1.

Humm... No?

SB Job is to keep far decaped, point holding, drag team number advantage by holding 2x1 (Good SB) and maybe win the 1x1 (Good SB vs Bad player) if the Roamer is taking too long to give +1 support.

If you wanna play a Bruiser class that win 1x1's you can go with Holosmith or Mesmer.

Archived