Mounts refusing to go backwards in Domain of Kourna

I frequently experience that mounts simply refuses to go backwards when in Domain of Kourna. I do not know what triggers itChanging mounts does nothing for the problem. Only zoning out and returning, and moving backwards works again.

Ive only ever had it happen in Domain of Kourna.

Edit: The character is perfectly able to go backwards when dismounted. Just doesnt work when mounted.

It's a bug that's been around since PoF launched I think. It's rare and it resolves itself (as you noticed) if you change maps/instances. It does happen outside of Kourna.

I haven't reported it because I can't predict what will trigger it. I think it has something to do with using the attack command (and not hitting anything) or getting forcibly dismounted, but doesn't happen consistently.

I notice it more with Springer than any other mount, but that's only because I do more backing up on the Springer than on any other mount.

Next time it happens, I'll use the in-game /bug reporting tool and reference this thread. Hopefully that will help.

@Gaile Gray.6029 if/when you do hear back from QA, could you find out if there's anything specific things they'd like to see? It's rare and unpredictable, so I've never been able to recreate it on demand.

If I were attempting to recreate the bug on demand, I'd try the following things that have happened recently before I encounter the bug:

• Change mounts frequently.
  • Get forcibly dismounted.
  • Cancel the [1] skill (e.g. swoop) or otherwise get it to fail to activate.

If I had to estimate the number of times I've encountered the issue, I'd say it's about a dozen total. I've had it in a variety of maps, including Jahai, Kourna, & Auric Basin.

I had that problem since the mounts stopped walking backwards for no reason. It's the one of most rarest glitch only few players encountered that. I reported this bug via ingame bug reporter a while ago. But i couldn't find out how to reproduce the bug.

You meant a kind of T-Pose on player character and mount? I saw those more often in the cities.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...