Firebrand having to respec every time a fire immune enemy shows up...

Sonork.2916

I know I should expect to fight fire based enemies in PoF but is there any other class that has a main damage spec completely stonewalled by immune mobs/bosses? Every time an area or boss shows up that has fire immune I have to spend 3-4 minutes switching specs and gear. It's a real pain.

@Sonork.2916 said:I know I should expect to fight fire based enemies in PoF but is there any other class that has a main damage spec completely stonewalled by immune mobs/bosses? Every time an area or boss shows up that has fire immune I have to spend 3-4 minutes switching specs and gear. It's a real pain.

There is an addon called Arcdps, which has a build template application you can use to create and switch builds on the fly. It's really useful and helps with those exact scenarios... although I wish there would be no immunity to burning.

@Sonork.2916 said:I know I should expect to fight fire based enemies in PoF but is there any other class that has a main damage spec completely stonewalled by immune mobs/bosses? Every time an area or boss shows up that has fire immune I have to spend 3-4 minutes switching specs and gear. It's a real pain.

...which is one more reason to finally come up with an option to save build templates (which should include equipment as well, by the way).

@Thereon.5219 said:I remember running into like 1 fire immune mob during my playthrough on my fb. We're there really that many? I had celestial gear so I destroyed it anyway.

There's a bounty boss in Highlands that's fire immune also a room in the stone weapon puzzle filled with fire immunes.

fun story:

Back during release, played a P/D thief, release era gear and thief HP.

Relied almost completely on blinds to survive.

Ran in to dredge.

Respecced.

Fun Fact:

Part of the design of elite specs and post-release content is that Anet WANTS players to actively respec themselves for specific challenges, as this as a major part of the original guild wars and a major part of its longevity (build wars)

Also Fun Fact:

Anet actively built a game that discourages build swapping at release, and like many other features and ideas from GW1, now talks about 'going back to the roots of the franchise' because their design space is too restrictive after repeatedly "streamlining" combat and advancement systems.

I remember when dredge where immune to blinds. Now they're not (for the most part).

I think consistency in mechanics is needed. Either everything is vulnerable or each entity needs specific tunning i.e Ghost can't bleed, Constructs can't be poisoned, etc...

I'd rather all damage sources can go through personally

I think this is great! In GW, you'd get fire damage immune mobs too, like Destroyers (one of which could kill your whole team if you were not careful)and sometimes it made your whole hero team build useless, requiring actual thought into how you would make your 8 man team build to suit the encounter. Sometimes I spent more time designing a build for an encounter than the encounter took. There was such satisfaction for me in getting my ass handed to me, then going back to the drawing board, countering the foes strengths and crushing the encounter with the new team build.

It's really not that hard to re-spec in this game, you can do it in less than a minute really.

When I read the title, for some reason, I think : "Don't put all your eggs in the same basket".

Then, I acknowledge burning firebrand is insane (how obvious) ! Build templates will help. Maybe in future xpac ?

I'm also interested in the return of the partial condi immunities for specific mobs. Like stone elementals shouldn't bleed or be poisoned etc. That'd bring a little more thought in the "just spam all them condies" scene.

@onevstheworld.2419 said:A better way to do it is to make fire resistant mobs instead of fire immune. It'll still be enough to make players consider changing builds without being completely invalidating a build. It'll also open up scope for resistances to other condis.

We have this and it's called elemental armor as seen on Djinn's. It works significantly better than the all or none approach.You could have several version of this for different mob types.

Archived