Tone down these (a lot of NO gonna be in this thread)

Crab Fear.1624

@Rizigmar.2681 said:Beat Holo, Mirage, Soulbeast, and Deadeye with the nerf hammer and all will be well again

The only spec that is currently Over performing by a large margin is Holo. Sbeast is a matter of bringing reflects and timing your dodges Soulbeast is fine in WvW, however, Boonbeast in PvP is utterly broken to a point where I can't find words to describe it (I suppose pre-nerf Mirage comparison is warranted). Deadeyes is a matter of bringing reflects and timing your dodges. You can't expect to build without factoring in class representation and expecting a positive outcome. As for Mesmer, we have 1/3rd of a working e-spec that we spent money for a fully working one. Tell me how is that fair?

@Arlette.9684 said:

@otto.5684 said:Man, I wish Anet mods would delete troll threads :/

@syszery.1592 said:I am confused by OP: If Guard, Rev, Engi, Ranger and Mesmer are all completely broken (I'm sure that OP also thinks that the case for Reaper and SB -- Or do you play one of these?) then where is actually the problem? No-one (except maybe ele - hehe) can complain because everyone can run an over-powered build ;-)

He's a thief, not a particularly good one at that :trollface:

you don't know me, but feel free to hit me up in game to see particularly un-good I am

I'll let you post the tally, as a courtesy.We all have to own up to our words, good or bad. Thanks for the fights.

edit : the fight was mirage versus thief for reference

you kill me 2 time and 1 draw.

was I as terrible as you thought?

win or lose folks, step up to the plate if you are gonna talk down on me. it might not go as well for you

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@syszery.1592 said:I am confused by OP: If Guard, Rev, Engi, Ranger and Mesmer are all completely broken (I'm sure that OP also thinks that the case for Reaper and SB -- Or do you play one of these?) then where is actually the problem? No-one (except maybe ele - hehe) can complain because everyone can run an over-powered build ;-)

you don't know me, but feel free to hit me up in game to see particularly un-good I am

I'll let you post the tally, as a courtesy.We all have to own up to our words, good or bad. Thanks for the fights.

you kill me 2 time and 1 draw.

was I as terrible as you thought?

win or lose folks, step up to the plate if you are gonna talk down on me. it might not go as well for you

Responded ingame, so as to not further demean you in any way here. You're welcome :smiley:

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Tiah.3091 said:Nerf all classes across the board!Thanks to
power creep
, of course.

The whole thread can be boiled down to this ^

Literally ANET could do this (i know its over simplified but still):

Reduce EVERY power skill damage coefficient by 10-20%Reduce EVERY condition damage coefficient by 10-20%Reduce every boon uptime by 25% (reduce might and protection duration uptime by 50%)Reduce every condition duration by 25% (reduce weakness and vulnerability duration uptime by 50%)

If the PVE players wanna cry then just do this in PvP/WvW.

Do this first and then balance from there.

Yeah you could do this right now with every profession but core engineer and core engineers would still lose. How bout double those values and still leave core engineers alone. Just might be even then if only just. They'd still lose half the time but half is better than most.

Updated List

Things not to buff or nerf, they are JUST right

• Reapers - I find the spin to win Reapers to be quite fine, although I do not play them.
  • Dragon hunters - they got an ok kit. just stand around like a goofball and sit on their traps. Much skill...I'd hate to think that anything got more complicated for them with any potential buffs.
  • Druids, we rarely see them in matches anymore, so that's a good thing.

NERFITY NERF NERF THESE SUMKITTENS

• See the original list, add in potato renegade and soulbirds
  • Are we still after deadeye? Someone said i play it, but I haven't in months. I won't miss it

Buff

• do I even need to put it here?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Updated List

Things not to buff or nerf, they are JUST right

• Reapers - I find the spin to win Reapers to be quite fine, although I do not play them.
  • Dragon hunters - they got an ok kit. just stand around like a goofball and sit on their traps. Much skill...I'd hate to think that anything got more complicated for them with any potential buffs.
  • Druids, we rarely see them in matches anymore, so that's a good thing.

NERFITY NERF NERF THESE SUMKITTENS

• See the original list, add in potato renegade and soulbirds
  • Are we still after deadeye? Someone said i play it, but I haven't in months. I won't miss it

Buff

• do I even need to put it here?

I see: Nerf scissors, stone is fine - paper B)

@Arlette.9684 said:

@Rizigmar.2681 said:Beat Holo, Mirage, Soulbeast, and Deadeye with the nerf hammer and all will be well again

The only spec that is currently Over performing by a large margin is Holo. .......... As for Mesmer, we have 1/3rd of a working e-spec that we spent money for a fully working one. Tell me how is that fair?

Puhleeese.....just stop....If you're talking abour mirage, when literally its in the absolute top tier all by itself.

@"idolin.2831" said:This was a comment from the OP a while ago. This should probably give people an insight into this person's mentality...

P2NTAvy.png

As for the OP's suggestions:

• I assume you're referring to core guard here - are you talking about Hammer 2 + Judge's Intervention combo? Other than that I don't see anything so threatening about core guards - there are tons of unblockable attacks, boon strips in the game right now, aegis is pretty useless, plus guard has a low HP pool. How can it be OP?
  • Rev was just nerfed - Incensed Response now gives 2 stacks of might instead of 5 (which was reasonable), there was no defensive buff to compensate, FoN remains at -3 upkeep, so that was definitely a nerf.

How do you get your screen black like that

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"idolin.2831" said:
. This should probably give people an insight into this person's mentality...

P2NTAvy.png

• I assume you're referring to core guard here - are you talking about Hammer 2 + Judge's Intervention combo? Other than that I don't see anything so threatening about core guards - there are tons of unblockable attacks, boon strips in the game right now, aegis is pretty useless, plus guard has a low HP pool. How can it be OP?
  • Rev was just nerfed - Incensed Response now gives 2 stacks of might instead of 5 (which was reasonable), there was no defensive buff to compensate, FoN remains at -3 upkeep, so that was definitely a nerf.

Asking the I portant question right here!

@Crab Fear.1624 said:holo (do it all class, they need the scourge treatment)guardians (how this support class hit for 7-12k?) just because they cant move fast? they got blinds, blocks, boons, and heals. tone them the hell downmirage (the lack of cooldowns is real)rev sword skill shackling wave (1.63 coeffi, you aint fooling anyone with 25 might...this kitten can hit for 12k added up)

You know I don't even keep guns in my house for self defense anymore. I just log into my Holosmith if I hear anything strange.

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"idolin.2831" said:

P2NTAvy.png

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"idolin.2831" said:

P2NTAvy.png

Asking the I portant question right here!

This: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:holo (do it all class, they need the scourge treatment)guardians (how this support class hit for 7-12k?) just because they cant move fast? they got blinds, blocks, boons, and heals. tone them the hell downmirage (the lack of cooldowns is real)rev sword skill shackling wave (1.63 coeffi, you aint fooling anyone with 25 might...this kitten can hit for 12k added up)

You know I don't even keep guns in my house for self defense anymore. I just log into my Holosmith if I hear anything strange.

Honestly, I find Boonbeast far more obnoxious in the right hands than Holo, as far as PvP is concerned due to nomalized stats. Have no such probs in WvW or with any other build Sbeast has.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:holo (do it all class, they need the scourge treatment)guardians (how this support class hit for 7-12k?) just because they cant move fast? they got blinds, blocks, boons, and heals. tone them the hell downmirage (the lack of cooldowns is real)rev sword skill shackling wave (1.63 coeffi, you aint fooling anyone with 25 might...this kitten can hit for 12k added up)

C3yNeV8.gif

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

sounds pretty effective. wouldn't matter if they were on the first or second floor, the front or the back, or even sneaking in from the basement.

@Arlette.9684 said:

We all have to own up to our words, good or bad. Thanks for the fights.

We can do it again another time, but you need to come as a thief instead of mirage.

I came as scissors and you brought a rock.

Lol @ nerfing revenants.They got great burst but terrible sustain and very costy defensive abilities. 0 passive defences from traits that makes a difference.A decent player will nullify the revenants sustain by: not attacking glint heal, saving dodges for shiro heal/burst.

Most commonly professions getting complaints:

Deadeye - they already got nerfed with their rifle 3 spam, they are more "fair" to deal with in PvP (still toxXxic in WvW).Condimirage - still a pain in the cookiejar, too much passive and active defense along with the amounts of damage it can deal. Requires to little work for its effect.Holosmith - More damage and AoE than Spellbreakers, less sustain. However Elixir S is superlame and id love to see a lower duration of it implemented in sPvP.Spellbreaker - A bit too good at handling 1vX with double endure pain, block + counter, balanced stance etc. Maybe reduce endura pain duration a bit more.Soulbeast - idk i dont play legolas. Just annoying to face in WvW when they play with invuln and stealth (trapper?).Scourge/firebrand - good enough, i dont mind 2 classes working together to be awesome but it hurts to be in the recieving end. cant nerf them without destroying their solo-viability.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

sounds pretty effective. wouldn't matter if they were on the first or second floor, the front or the back, or even sneaking in from the basement.

I gotta say this did make me laugh.

Archived