So Why Do Players Do World Bosses? [POLL]

Dainank.1308

Fun would be the best answer, though I've done them for multiple reasons. I would like to point out that getting sick of them would require I do them constantly, but I hop on a boss train maybe once every few months if that, so sometimes it's just nice to smack some huge enemies. I do still like how they make the world appear more dangerous even if they are generally weak, and I think it'd be neat if they added in a rare item drops so it'd be a bit like a lottery. Something like .5% chance of getting a BL Key or something that would be a neat find.I have used them for dragonite as well, because of the 250 limit on crafting materials I actually feed most of it to princess and then throw excess away. So if I suddenly need 10 dragonite ingots or something I can gather some in a way that's more enjoyable than farming living story nodes, though much less efficient.One strange use I have for them is to test builds. Testing rotations on the raid or fractal golem is fine to see how much damage you can do but using world bosses will require dodging some mechanics and helps get a feel for what I can expect in group content when I'm not likely to just stand in one place pressing the big number button sequence. Aside from new builds I'm testing out, it helps me refresh my knowledge when I pick up a character I haven't played it a while (I have 16 characters right now so sometimes they can go months without being played). Tequatl is the one I'm most likely to randomly play, and dodging the waves an poison patches is somewhat realistic of raid/fractal mechanics.Another reason is I'm listening to a podcast and if I do anything that requires more thought I'd probably miss most of it.