Serpents' Ire

KazModan.5364

I recently started the Achivement "A Bug in the System: Redeeming IG-6417"; and I'm stuck on this step.I can not say if it's for halloween, but this "meta-event" seems a little abandoned to me.

There are groups that organize the event?players come back to do it once they've finished Mad King's Labyrinth?

In the last 4 days, I have only seen 2 "LFG".-best case, we got a group of 12-14 players, we passed the 1st phase with about 25 seconds left; but we could not even kill a single Zealots in 2° phase

I'm currently using a "power soulbeast" with a good amount of CC (full Berserker's; greatsword/longbow pet: smokescale/electric wyvern)

You need at least 5 players per zealot in the second phase, and there are 5 zealots so 25 players. I've done this meta probably half a dozen times now with groups of various sizes and levels of coordination and have yet to beat this one and complete the various collections/cheevos dependent on it. I will keep trying but not a satisfying experience by any means. Good luck to you, KazModan.

It is quite easy if most of the players know what to do.For finding Zealot, I usually leave squad and turn Mentor tag on to locate the found Zealot and call in map chat. Then rejoin squad, must easier to locate apple tag than saying at SW something.Phase 2, 5 players at each Zealot, Prioritise CC, Dps is not important here, the Rest Zerg Kill each Zealot clockwise start from North, this zerg need to deal a huge DPS, Help Cc if available.Phase 3, Cc, dps, spark and done.

The phase 2 CC subgroup at each Zealot need to know their professions CC are.

This Serpent is a whole group effort. So spread the words to others when doing this event

@VanWilder.6923 said:It is quite easy if most of the players know what to do.For finding Zealot, I usually leave squad and turn Mentor tag on to locate the found Zealot and call in map chat. Then rejoin squad, must easier to locate apple tag than saying at SW something.Phase 2, 5 players at each Zealot, Prioritise CC, Dps is not important here, the Rest Zerg Kill each Zealot clockwise start from North, this zerg need to deal a huge DPS, Help Cc if available.Phase 3, Cc, dps, spark and done.

This Serpent is a whole group effort. So spread the words to others when doing this event

Personally, I think the margin for error in this meta is too small and stage 2 is too final. Either one of those can be a fun challenge but together they create a disheartening experience. Octovine has a good mechanic where a failure at the burn stage isn't an immediate fail but a setback, allowing the players to try again immediately and inspiring them to do better. That's good design.Stage 2 of Serpent's Ire could do with something like that: instead of outright failure, take the meta back to stage 1 where the zealots need to be found again. It's just annoying enough to increase determination, without having to reduce the difficulty of stage 2. After all, isn't the point to attract more players to do these things?

@Zoltar MacRoth.7146 said:

@"VanWilder.6923" said:It is quite easy if most of the players know what to do.For finding Zealot, I usually leave squad and turn Mentor tag on to locate the found Zealot and call in map chat. Then rejoin squad, must easier to locate apple tag than saying at SW something.Phase 2, 5 players at each Zealot, Prioritise CC, Dps is not important here, the Rest Zerg Kill each Zealot clockwise start from North, this zerg need to deal a huge DPS, Help Cc if available.Phase 3, Cc, dps, spark and done.

Personally, I think the margin for error in this meta is too small and stage 2 is too final. Either one of those can be a fun challenge but together they create a disheartening experience. Octovine has a good mechanic where a failure at the burn stage isn't an immediate fail but a setback, allowing the players to try again immediately and inspiring them to do better. That's good design.Stage 2 of Serpent's Ire could do with something like that: instead of outright failure, take the meta back to stage 1 where the zealots need to be found again. It's just annoying enough to increase determination, without having to reduce the difficulty of stage 2. After all, isn't the point to attract more players to do these things?

I would love to have a much better loot for this Serpent Ire. Atm, the rewards are "Meh"!I only failed once this Serpent Ire while run it with EVA guild. But I am down for the "Setback" when fail phase 2.

The only way to attract more players to participate this Serpent Ire is better loot, chance to get ascended chests, precursor etc ...

@VanWilder.6923 said:It is quite easy if most of the players know what to do.For finding Zealot, I usually leave squad and turn Mentor tag on to locate the found Zealot and call in map chat. Then rejoin squad, must easier to locate apple tag than saying at SW something.

Shouldn't be necessary since attacking the zealot starts an event that is visible to other people.

Phase 2, 5 players at each Zealot, Prioritise CC, Dps is not important here, the Rest Zerg Kill each Zealot clockwise start from North, this zerg need to deal a huge DPS, Help Cc if available.Phase 3, Cc, dps, spark and done.

or just bring a stack of CC consumables ;)

@KazModan.5364 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:TTS' meta event calendar, you dont need to join our regional guilds, just show up on the map about 30min before meta starts ;)

I see that it is organized twice a week, this is good.But the time is another matter, I have to point an alarm :-p (03:00 a.m. UTC + 1).

NA or EU?

we are NA and OCE, you can link our event calendar to your Google Calendar (bottom right)

@KazModan.5364 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:TTS' meta event calendar, you dont need to join our regional guilds, just show up on the map about 30min before meta starts ;)

I see that it is organized twice a week, this is good.But the time is another matter, I have to point an alarm :-p (03:00 a.m. UTC + 1).

NA or EU?

There is also one at 12pm

Anybody know if anyone ever does this event in EU still? Been checking the LFG and the map itself at various times for weeks now, since I picked up the game again. Need it for two achievements. But in EU it appears nobody ever does it, and any attempts at LFGs get 4 or 5 people max.

If the community just isn't there for the event, considering it's tied to various collections, they really should nerf the event so it's doable with just a handful of people, or increase the rewards significantly so that everybody else sees a reason to start doing it again. Else it's just dead and wasted content that brickwalls people who weren't around on the release of the last collection tied to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived