Guild Hero Banner any alternative way to get?

phs.6089

@phs.6089 said:If i was happy with exciting system, I wouldn't be asking for alternative, would I?I don't see how that's relevant in the least. You have alternatives; you've rejected them all. We agree about that.My question for you is: why should ANet spend any time considering another option? How does it make the game better for enough people that it makes it worth their time prioritizing over all the other requests?

All methods are overpriced and ovetrtwitsted.Only if you agree with the assumption that people need to drop banners at every event.

My guildies would keep their commendations for themselvesI don't mean to be unkind, but that seems like a guild dynamics problem, not a problem with the system.

spending 8 gold n banner that lives 2 hours isn't quite wiseHow so? It's a good investment for large groups, just like some of the group foods are. Especially one that's put on a route that people are likely to pass through again.

And again why it's sucha problem?Yes, that's my question: why is this such a problem that it requires a solution from ANet? Why must there be a heroes banner placed that often and only by you?

Let us get them somehow else. through dailyes, dundeons, pvp, wvw etcAll of those already offer decent rewards.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:I wasn't asking on your opinion of my possibilities on level carting at first place. I was asking to give us an alternative way omitting crafting

You've rejected three existing alternatives. What makes you think that ANet is going to agree that we need a fourth alternative?

(Existing alternatives are: buy with favor, build them via scribes, and encourage other guildies/participants to provide commendation-bought banners.)

If i was happy with exciting system, I wouldn't be asking for alternative, would I?All methods are overpriced and ovetrtwitsted. My guildies would keep their commendations for themselves juts like many of you do, spending 8 gold n banner that lives 2 hours isn't quite wise and we are back to 6 commendations per week. And again why it's sucha problem?Let us get them somehow else. through dailyes, dundeons, pvp, wvw etc

"My guildies would keep their commendations for themselves" -- well then don't give them flippin' banners, they're selfish jerks. Or pay them 73 silver when they drop them, whatever. They are GUILD HERO BANNERS - get your guild to help.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:They’re guild hero banners so you’re not going to get them via non-guild activities. Banners have always been associated with guilds.

Guild content is abandoned, guild banners provide unique buffs, call them pvp hero banner-simple :)

@anonymous.7812 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:I wasn't asking on your opinion of my possibilities on level carting at first place. I was asking to give us an alternative way omitting crafting

You've rejected three existing alternatives. What makes you think that ANet is going to agree that we need a fourth alternative?

(Existing alternatives are: buy with favor, build them via scribes, and encourage other guildies/participants to provide commendation-bought banners.)

If i was happy with exciting system, I wouldn't be asking for alternative, would I?All methods are overpriced and ovetrtwitsted. My guildies would keep their commendations for themselves juts like many of you do, spending 8 gold n banner that lives 2 hours isn't quite wise and we are back to 6 commendations per week. And again why it's sucha problem?Let us get them somehow else. through dailyes, dundeons, pvp, wvw etc

"My guildies would keep their commendations for themselves" -- well then don't give them flippin' banners, they're selfish jerks. Or pay them 73 silver when they drop them, whatever. They are GUILD HERO BANNERS - get your guild to help.

You know it's hard to ask people to do something when you pug ummmhh lets say PoF bounty, AB meta etc

I admire the instinct to be generous, as long as you realize the benefits you're offering are almost entirely symbolic. The vast majority of open world squad-friendly content isn't much affected by the banner.

@phs.6089 said:...when you pug ummmhh lets say PoF bounty, AB meta etcWhy would you waste what you consider a precious resource on things that barely benefit from any of the buffs in a heroes banner?

• Experience Bonus: only counts for foe deaths, which is usually one foe for bounties and only some of the foes in AB meta (which in any case doesn't include many foes)
  • Gold Bonus: ditto, applies only to foe deaths
  • Magic Find Bonus: ditto, applies only to foe deaths and hardly any of the foes drop loot in AB meta, and the vast majority of bounty loot isn't affected by MF
  • Swiftness Bonus: generally useful, but entirely unnecessary for AB meta. Marginally useful for bounties.
  • Gathering Bonus: of no value for the examples mentioned
  • Karma Bonus: this has the most use, but since the events are short and offer standard karma, it's inefficient.

You know it's hard to ask people to do somethingThen don't ask. If you're leading PUGs, don't place the banners either. Save them for situations in which your gesture will mean more, either actually (e.g. labyrinth) or socially (e.g. during guild missions or the like). The average PUGling isn't going to care that you dropped a banner or not; for the most part, they won't even notice who did.

@phs.6089 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:They’re
guild
hero banners so you’re not going to get them via non-guild activities. Banners have always been associated with guilds.

Guild content is abandoned, guild banners provide unique buffs, call them pvp hero banner-simple :)

@phs.6089 said:

You know it's hard to ask people to do something when you pug ummmhh lets say PoF bounty, AB meta etc

Then don't drop a banner! It's really not harder than that. The design intent seems clear - banners are meant to be something a guild supplies.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:They’re
guild
hero banners so you’re not going to get them via non-guild activities. Banners have always been associated with guilds.

@phs.6089 said:

Then don't drop a banner! It's really not harder than that. The design intent seems clear - banners are meant to be something a
guild
supplies.

Well if things got abandoned, why not let us get it for pvp shards of glory, wvw badges, hell for wrists of exp etc, maybe we can get them for ascended mats that are clustering for some reason ? looks at own bloodstone bricks houseAnother idea would be to give us a pvp/wvw reward track called 'guild track' just like they did with the dungeons.

Archived