Lair of the snowmen

Tyson.5160

@Blaeys.3102 said:Definitely fun content and worth playing if you haven't already (and even worth replaying if you have).

IMO, it does pretty much invalidate the long standing strawman argument that an easier raid mode wouldn't be fun or of interest to players. If the resources ever do free up to do something more with existing raids, I hope this is the direction they take.

It does nothing of the sort. You are literally reading into this event something which you want.

People have always said that easy mode raids would be useless since they would separate the raid community and they would pose no long term engagement. I don't see this debunked by a mini event which people do 1 or 2 times and then never touch again.

If at all, this event has shown that easy mode raids pose no long term motivation and as such are wasted developer resources. See, that is me reading into this event something based on my bias.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Blaeys.3102" said:IMO, it does pretty much invalidate the long standing strawman argument that an easier raid mode wouldn't be fun or of interest to players. If the resources ever do free up to do something more with existing raids, I hope this is the direction they take.

I do not see how the two are related. This is a small encounter, reusing mechanics from raids that is supposed to be run daily for a festival that last 2-3 weeks. This encounter is too easy and limited for anyone to be engage in it beyond the festival and does not really give any insight on whether easy mode in raids would be fun or not in the long term.

Also that argument you are referring to (whether one thinks is a good or a bad one) is not a strawman. For sth to be a strawman the argument needs to be actually irrelevant to the original problem discussed. The question if easy modes are viable as fun content directly affects the problem of "should there be an easy mode".

Archived