Lair of the snowmen

Tyson.5160

Love it. Don't think Anet is trolling on any level. It is what it is, fun little instanced PVE activity with bit of loot.Done it with PUGs, what we failed was to believe there was only 1 boss, we run around for a good 10 minutes looking for a secret passage or something :)Thank you Anet let haters -hate.You want to know when Anet trolled imo? They trolled in Bloodstone Fen with jades and this

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though it was "Festive Mode" we couldn't finish the final boss. I mean that's partially because we don't listen and went in with five...and then two of us disconnected. But because the mobs don't heal or chase and you can heal/respawn, you can (eventually, it'd be nice if it scaled down to save some time...) solo everything but the final boss. Yes we're filthy casuals.

@apharma.3741 said:Once again ANet catering to the toxic elitist community by creating another raid but this time they put it in wintersday so people that play for fun miss out on lore and festive rewards. Many of us do not like raids, they're too difficult and are created by the devs talking to the toxic elitists in private to dictate a meta and tell everyone what to play. We are sick of it!

Make raids more accessible, raids need an infantile mode!

Have you entered the secret lair of the snowman? Because it's ridiculously easy.

And for a personal question. Do you actually believe the devs are scheming evil plans with the raid community?

@yann.1946 said:

@apharma.3741 said:Once again ANet catering to the toxic elitist community by creating another raid but this time they put it in wintersday so people that play for fun miss out on lore and festive rewards. Many of us do not like raids, they're too difficult and are created by the devs talking to the toxic elitists in private to dictate a meta and tell everyone what to play. We are sick of it!

Have you entered the secret lair of the snowman? Because it's ridiculously easy.

And for a personal question. Do you actually believe the devs are scheming evil plans with the raid community?

It's sad when complete sarcastic lunacy can get mistaken for something people actually say. I blame Reddit btw not you.

@apharma.3741 said:

It's sad when complete sarcastic lunacy can get mistaken for something people actually say. I blame Reddit btw not you.

We'll I've seen much worse honest opinions that I'm never sure.

@yann.1946 said:

In your defense, I thought the poster was being "serious" too. The rhetoric was a cut and paste from the Easy Mode raid thread

@mindcircus.1506 said:

In your defense, I thought the poster was being "serious" too. The rhetoric was a cut and paste from the Easy Mode raid thread

Was this said in the easy mode thread?

@yann.1946 said:

Was this said in the easy mode thread?

Unfortunately many aspects are and even the toxic elitists telling us how to play the game and dev colluding aspect isn't exaggerated much.

It was surprisingly easy.And I don't mean the boss, I mean getting a party for it.

I've never found raid bosses to be that hard. What's really hard is getting an unscheduled party of competent people who won't make a fuzz about every little thing, one or two wipes, tiny mistakes or non-meta builds; and who won't start drama, blame others or rage-quit over their own mistakes and pride.

But, more importantly, it was fun.

I would not mind if they added something like this for Halloween too. It could be a version of Descent to Madness for 10 players and more complex mechanics, or a bunch of Joko loyalists trying to recreate his soul by drawing memories of him from the mists, and your party working with one of the Mad King's generals to fight a replica of Joko's soul on an epic battle while leading candy armies against them.

I actually got to play with an Anet dev since my group went in right when the event came up. So that was pretty cool, he stuck around to throw snowballs with us for a bit before leaving.

Was a pretty fun little raid, was great seeing freezie and the secret lair again since that was one of my fave holiday things in gw1.

I would actually love to see more themed 1 boss raids like this for events because it could be cool for Halloween too. Like imagine a Palawa Joko or updated Mad King fight for Halloween.

@sigur.9453 said:

@"Henry.5713" said:Cute little "raid". They should introduce such event instances more often. The difficulty is about what people expect out of easy mode raids, I guess.

Yeah, this is generally, what I would expect an easy or story mode to operate like.

so doing it once and never look at it again?

I’m going to be going back in to collect the minis that drop as well as the weapons.

ah, loot > fun, i see.

I take it you don’t like the lair of the snowmen.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"Henry.5713" said:Cute little "raid". They should introduce such event instances more often. The difficulty is about what people expect out of easy mode raids, I guess.

Yeah, this is generally, what I would expect an easy or story mode to operate like.

I’m going to be going back in to collect the minis that drop as well as the weapons.

ah, loot > fun, i see.

Nah, it's ok. One time. Was just wondering why you only used the loot thing as lone reason to go back and didn't mentioned the fun part in any way. Since, you know, you are arguing in other threads for Raid easy mode which would be dead on arrival without a loot carotte it seams. Maybe!

I'm a huge fan of this type of grab and go content and hope anet make more of it in the future. One thing I miss about dungeons was that that it was a common area where players from all skill levels could mix and match in a low pressure environment. It was how I originally learned tactics and class basics while not feeling like a total burden. T4 fractals, because it's something that you need to build up to, has this baseline expectation that you need to know what you're doing and clueless folks are expected to downgrade difficulty.

@sigur.9453 said:

ah, loot > fun, i see.

Nah, it's ok. One time. Was just wondering why you only used the loot thing as lone reason to go back and didn't mentioned the fun part in any way. Since, you know, you are arguing in other threads for Raid easy mode which would be dead on arrival without a loot carotte it seams. Maybe!

That’s the thing, you would need some loot in there, minis or something. Legendary Armor on the other hand should be restricted to the normal mode progression.

Had a lot of fun with this festival raid. I’ve done each it day.

Also a non-raider here. Gave it a try. First group looked good until the commander said "ok guys, don't forget to bring top dps!" So I left that group and tried another. The commander told me that dps is not required for that activity. I even watched a video, what I normally never do for content, because spoils. It was fun.

I'm not sure if the atmosphere in there would be as relaxed, if you could farm the place. Farming leads to efficiency thinking. The idea of having a meta-group for this instance is a bit weird.

10/10 would do again

[EDIT] Later in the evening, my guild (or what is left of it) wanted to give it a try with a team of 6 ppl only. After a couple of tries, we realized that we need some extra DPS to prevent reaching the stupid timer. After a few wipes and a couple of adjustments, we somehow managed to get Freezie down. It was quite challenging with this group, but a lot of fun.

I actually like constant update of small group events like this also with harder difficulty .. a fraction of it can become a fractal of mist map once event is over.It will be very nice.. during the event active if small group event like this farmable for special unique drop or tickets to exchange for unique items.... Ofc grinding part needs not too tedious especially during festive season

Definitely fun content and worth playing if you haven't already (and even worth replaying if you have).

IMO, it does pretty much invalidate the long standing strawman argument that an easier raid mode wouldn't be fun or of interest to players. If the resources ever do free up to do something more with existing raids, I hope this is the direction they take.

I also find it interesting that people are in this thread asking for a harder version of this fight (basically the exact same model - just for a different reason - that many of us have been advocating for in existing raid content) - something I would wholeheartedly support if the resources existed. The key to keeping this kind of content (and raids proper) relevant and worth the investment long term is tiered difficulty levels - opening the experience to a wider audience of players spanning from casual to hardcore.

Archived