[Bug] Relink Issues

noncha.2761

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting in epic bug of the year thread.Another reason why you shouldn't be doing any major or patch changes on a friday or right before the start of major holiday break.Also chillax people, this week was going to be unbalanced anyways with people missing time playing this week, sucks for the 4 stack servers with queues but it's only for a week. Dunno why people take matchups and links so seriously anymore.

@blackgamma.1809 said:@ThunderPanda.1872

so what kind of technical software development knowledge do people need to know to log onto gw2 account linked to effected wvw server?you didn't need to be an software engineer to diagnose and obvious problem. there was other ways to check the issue. and the least effective was taken

people become trolls when the bar gets lowered to a unacceptable standard

The post had a quote that was removed talking about how people are always being being rude to gaile. Not a direct response to this issue.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:Dear GW2 Community,

The whining, dev finger pointing and bashing of Gaile
has been completely unnecessary. Learn to control yourselves and emotions, and stop being so overly critical that another human made a mistake somewhere. Some of you are behaving as if the world will end, but guess what? It’s not...

The only error looks to be in the forum post, nothing more
. And it’s wrong to be immature and jerkish to the Gaile, who is the community representative trying to help, who is not a developer and doesn’t have control over game functions... I reported the 4 threads, now 5, that were QQing about match ups (as per usual every relink) and all she had been is helpful. She could have just locked the threads and dismissed all the whining, but she didn’t... She actually took the time to investigate and clarify.

If any of you were to ever wonder why the devs have such strict rules on communication with the players, we need not look any further than this thread. Some of you take the game so seriously that it impairs your rational thinking and ability to type out mature responses...
so I’d take a step back and maybe apologize for being overly dramatic and unreasonable to Gaile and the devs.

Final words..
Mistakes happen all the time, and each of you posting are not some beings of perfection, so do some self reflection this holiday on how some of you treat others, on the outside world and online

Good luck!

You are confused and/or misinformed.

What would you like them to be apologized to for?

Your own post here clearly details the problem. We, the community, are troubleshooting ANets game through the community representative on the forum for them. And in doing so are being scolded by said representative for being 'unhelpful'. It's neither our job, nor Gaile's job, but because whoever's job it is dropped the ball this is where we're at. No one was going to do anything (and may well still not) if the community didn't speak up. The community taking liberties with sarcasm and jabs at ANets expense when they clearly fumbled is hardly anything that should be apologized for.

Mistakes do happen all the time, I don't think anyone here expressed that they expected to be exempt from any responsibility for such mistakes....except maybe...... Could people display some manners and professionalism? Sure. Does that include ANet? Yup.

I’m not the “confused” or “misinformed” one here...

I’d like to suggest some of you take a look at these reading comprehension tips... https://www.readnaturally.com/research/5-components-of-reading/comprehension ... Then try reading Gaile’s posts again without the emotional projecting...

If any of you classied Gaile’s posts as lacking “manners” or “professionalism”, then I wonder where we should rank most of the posts in this thread?

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Dear GW2 Community,

has been completely unnecessary. Learn to control yourselves and emotions, and stop being so overly critical that another human made a mistake somewhere. Some of you are behaving as if the world will end, but guess what? It’s not...

. And it’s wrong to be immature and jerkish to the Gaile, who is the community representative trying to help, who is not a developer and doesn’t have control over game functions... I reported the 4 threads, now 5, that were QQing about match ups (as per usual every relink) and all she had been is helpful. She could have just locked the threads and dismissed all the whining, but she didn’t... She actually took the time to investigate and clarify.

If any of you were to ever wonder why the devs have such strict rules on communication with the players, we need not look any further than this thread. Some of you take the game so seriously that it impairs your rational thinking and ability to type out mature responses...
so I’d take a step back and maybe apologize for being overly dramatic and unreasonable to Gaile and the devs.

Final words..
Mistakes happen all the time, and each of you posting are not some beings of perfection, so do some self reflection this holiday on how some of you treat others, on the outside world and online

Good luck!

Your own post here clearly details the problem. We, the community, are troubleshooting ANets game through the community representative on the forum for them. And in doing so are being scolded by said representative for being 'unhelpful'. It's neither our job, nor Gaile's job, but because whoever's job it is dropped the ball this is where we're at. No one was going to do anything (and may well still not) if the community didn't speak up. The community taking liberties with sarcasm and jabs at ANets expense when they clearly fumbled is hardly anything that should be apologized for.

Mistakes do happen all the time, I don't think anyone here expressed that they expected to be exempt from any responsibility for such mistakes....except maybe...... Could people display some manners and professionalism? Sure. Does that include ANet? Yup.

I’d like to suggest some of you take a look at these reading comprehension tips...
... Then try reading Gaile’s posts again without the emotional projecting...

If any of you classied Gaile’s posts as lacking “manners” or “professionalism”, then I wonder where we should rank most of the posts in this thread?

The links were not correct, the forum post was correct. You were, indeed, confused and/or misinformed. Quoted above is a link to some reading comprehension tips for you to use to your advantage.

This whole situation lacks professionalism on ANets part. Paint it however you prefer, bad business is bad business. In painting it though, you may do well to let go of your desire to shape others perceptions and reactions.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

Final words..

Good luck!

I’d like to suggest some of you take a look at these reading comprehension tips...

The links were not correct, the forum post was correct. You were, indeed, confused and/or misinformed. Quoted above is a link to some reading comprehension tips for you to use to your advantage.

This whole situation lacks professionalism on ANets part. Paint it however you prefer, bad business is bad business. In painting it though, you may do well to let go of your desire to shape others perceptions and reactions.

I already stated that a mistake was made somewhere... That’s not the main point of my post...

Think you anonymous online people, who feel entitled to be irrational and verbally abusive, are the ones needing to learn your own manners. It’s simple enough to point out a mistake in a constructive way and realize that Gaile was helping... Rational minded and mature people don’t react the way some of you are, and have been, reacting...

It’s pretty black and white who is and is not sensible on these forums. It’s pretty sad how some of you act online toward others, and actual employees of this game.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Final words..

Good luck!

I already stated that a mistake was made somewhere
... That’s not the main point of my post...

Think you anonymous online people, who feel entitled to be irrational and verbally abusive, are the ones needing to learn your own manners. It’s simple enough to point out a mistake in a constructive way and realize that Gaile was helping... Rational minded and mature people don’t react the way some of you are, and have been, reacting...

It’s pretty black and white who is and is not sensible on these forums. It’s pretty sad how some of you act online toward others, and actual employees of this game.

Nonsense. You stated precisely the following. Reinforcing the main point of my post; that you were confused and/or misinformed and thus no more help or less hindrance than those you are attempting to berate.

In chronological order:

"The devs keep balancing for better match ups and y’all keep complaining... geez""So the only thing wrong is the actual forum post information.""The only error looks to be in the forum post, nothing more."

All clearly, misguidedly, in defense of a blatant error on ANets part, thus my summation you were confused and/or misinformed. Now, if you take this in the general definition of misinformation which is unhelpful in resolving the problem, you are part of the problem. Rather than using reason and coming to the conclusion that something was very obviously broken (and that even were everything as intended the outcome revealed an even deeper rooted problem in match making) you chose the gallant, though misguided, defender route.

Again I say, could people be nicer? Sure. Is that any sort of general requirement of them? Nope, unless they want to post HERE, in which case ANet will control the tone of the conversation.

This entire thing could have been avoided through a couple very simple and non vacation diverting actions:1) A simple check in place on relinks to ensure that what's linked and what's posted is in agreement and SENSIBLE.2) A swift and sweeping response from ANet acknowledging and at least attempting repair of the situation.

Instead, Gaile is caught in the middle of a broken system trying to play catch up through the community. Is this unfair to her? Indeed. Is it the communities fault? Not by a long shot. Were this not par for the course with ANet and their approach to WvW and its match making I believe you would have witnessed much more shock and patience through the process than jeering and sneering. The reaction to a rare mistake is much different than a reaction to 'more of the same'.

Whether you, or ANet, like it or not people are passionate about what they like and they express it wonderfully, or awfully, or some mixture of both. Which of these is favored across the majority depends entirely on the quality of product that ANet can deliver, the ball is perpetually in their court.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

Final words..

Good luck!

I already stated that a mistake was made somewhere
... That’s not the main point of my post...

Nonsense. You stated precisely the following. Reinforcing the main point of my post; that you were confused and/or misinformed and thus no more help or less hindrance than those you are attempting to berate.

In chronological order:

"The devs keep balancing for better match ups and y’all keep complaining... geez""So the only thing wrong is the actual forum post information.""The only error looks to be in the forum post, nothing more."

All clearly, misguidedly, in defense of a blatant error on ANets part, thus my summation you were confused and/or misinformed. Now, if you take this in the general definition of misinformation which is unhelpful in resolving the problem, you are part of the problem. Rather than using reason and coming to the conclusion that something was very obviously broken (and that even were everything as intended the outcome revealed an even deeper rooted problem in match making) you chose the gallant, though misguided, defender route.

Again I say, could people be nicer? Sure. Is that any sort of general requirement of them? Nope, unless they want to post HERE, in which case ANet will control the tone of the conversation.

This entire thing could have been avoided through a couple very simple and non vacation diverting actions:1) A simple check in place on relinks to ensure that what's linked and what's posted is in agreement and SENSIBLE.2) A swift and sweeping response from ANet acknowledging and at least attempting repair of the situation.

Instead, Gaile is caught in the middle of a broken system trying to play catch up through the community. Is this unfair to her? Indeed. Is it the communities fault? Not by a long shot. Were this not par for the course with ANet and their approach to WvW and its match making I believe you would have witnessed much more shock and patience through the process than jeering and sneering. The reaction to a rare mistake is much different than a reaction to 'more of the same'.

Whether you, or ANet, like it or not people are passionate about what they like and they express it wonderfully, or awfully, or some mixture of both. Which of these is favored across the majority depends entirely on the quality of product that ANet can deliver, the ball is perpetually in their court.

I love your spin doctoring to make some argument... and one which you won’t win.

The only thing “nonsense” is the poor attitudes from some players. Want to accuse someone of lack of “manners” then I suggest some of you look in the mirror.

That’s right, mistakes happen, but some player reactions are embarrassing, in poor taste and frankly being abusive to the person trying to help... That person happens to be Gaile...

Some need to get a hold of their emotions and learn to avoid projecting... You people aren’t going to get anywhere by being rude, but I’m pretty sure some haven’t figured that out yet... So carry the “I’m the customer so I can be a jerk because I’m always right” attitude, but that won’t get any of you very far...

Y’all want to be abusive and unreasonable to Anet and the employees? Go right ahead, it’s your prerogative, and Anet can easily kick you from the forums and game right?

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@"Bort.8647" said:Yes the links are messed up for this week, however the imbalance in t1 and t3 is not any worse than t4 has been the past month. It just sucks for more servers than YB and SoR this time.

YB made it out of T4 more times last link than NSP did.

Insofaras as there's any coherency or server identity that you could dignify with intent, YB hasn't been making any attempt to leave T4, at least as far as I can tell, although playing EU hours I can't really say what the feeling is during NA prime. There had been some talk of trying to lower activity for a while, since we were consistently rated "Full" even after a host of guilds left, but the complete absence of a third team in every match, with SoR not even putting up token resistance, meant most matches faded after the weekend anyway. Now we're in the holiday season and play patterns are all over the place, even without the current fiasco. Looks like we'll be pushed up as a result of this strange week but I don't imagine we'll see any concerted effort to stay there, even if it was feasible, which with our patchy coverage it won't be. The pending but still far-off Alliance system seems to have killed most people's motivation to do much at all. I imagine we'll just drift back down to the bottom again.

Archived