The Future of Guild Wars 2

Michram.6853

@Arden.7480 said:Never mind my first post.

GW2 stands stronger than ever before, I misinterpreted everything!

GW2 is so freaking healthy, and they likely just want to take their time with the next expansion to make it special.

It's future is very exciting. And if there will be GW3, it's so far away, that GW2 will have no 4th, but maybe even 5th expansion.

@"Kelian Ravenwood.4130" They did state that The Festival will be annual, when they announced it "this annual festival brings back popular summertime activities in both Divinity’s Reach and the Labyrinthine Cliffs."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/festival-of-the-four-winds-begins-next-week/

Sorry for this irrevelant post, but if there are any plans for a next gen MMORPG game that can blow everyone's minds, it will be Guild Wars 3, because Arenanet is not afraid to take the risks, and I am happy they still can, because GW2's future is very interesting.

Can't wait for the next amazing stuff GW2 will offer.

To be honest, the only reason people reacted as they did on this thread is because weve had two of these kind of threads in the last 5 days...and four in the last two weeks...

Tbh id like if you challenged ppl's arguements and hopefully created some nice discussion. I personally dont agree that expansions hurt gw2 but i could see how the game is suffering between expansions esp if the expansion was bad itself (for reference look at the poor state of pof and the poor cadence of lw4, fractals and raids for 2018)

@zealex.9410 said:Tbh id like if you challenged ppl's arguements and hopefully created some nice discussion. I personally dont agree that expansions hurt gw2 but i could see how the game is suffering between expansions esp if the expansion was bad itself (for reference look at the poor state of pof and the poor cadence of lw4, fractals and raids for 2018)

PoF was well received, and LS4 has largely been the same and had no significant issues with cadence. A couple of very, very minor delays is all, in fact Id argue open world pve has been utterly spoiled this year with 4 decent episodes + maps and extra festival content. I certaonly haven't played an MMO this year which has been so consistent in delivering content.

I take the point on raids and fractals though. I would think wvw has the most legitimate reason to gripe though.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Tbh id like if you challenged ppl's arguements and hopefully created some nice discussion. I personally dont agree that expansions hurt gw2 but i could see how the game is suffering between expansions esp if the expansion was bad itself (for reference look at the poor state of pof and the poor cadence of lw4, fractals and raids for 2018)

PoF was well received, and LS4 has largely been the same and had no significant issues with cadence. A couple of very, very minor delays is all, in fact Id argue open world pve has been utterly spoiled this year with 4 decent episodes + maps and extra festival content. I certaonly haven't played an MMO this year which has been so consistent in delivering content.

I take the point on raids and fractals though. I would think wvw has the most legitimate reason to gripe though.

From the 3 episodes in 2018 2 have been delayed in cases up to a month.Meanwhile in 2017 we had 4 episodes and an expansion drop. Wouldnt call us spoiled this year looking back at the previous one.

I dont wvw so i dont care, wvw anyways hasnt seen content since prob hot with the new map (or i guess pof with the elite specs if you consider that content) so id say they are rather consistent on that front.

A month is a tiny amount of time for a game release delay. The episodes in ls4 have been a lot bigger than ep3 ones and required the addition of new tech, so there's certainly been nothing of concern in the cadence. Overall, we're still very much spoiled with regular releases and updates, although I wont deny we had a lot in 2017 as well. It just reaffirms that GW2 is pretty healthy in pve to keep up such a pace and I would expect 2019 to continue that.

I don't wvw either, so technically I don;t care, but I do think it is unhealthy to have virtually nothing in a major game mode beyond some QoL features in over 2 years.

@Randulf.7614 said:A month is a tiny amount of time for a game release delay. The episodes in ls4 have been a lot bigger than ep3 ones and required the addition of new tech, so there's certainly been nothing of concern in the cadence. Overall, we're still very much spoiled with regular releases and updates, although I wont deny we had a lot in 2017 as well. It just reaffirms that GW2 is pretty healthy in pve to keep up such a pace and I would expect 2019 to continue that.

I don't wvw either, so technically I don;t care, but I do think it is unhealthy to have virtually nothing in a major game mode beyond some QoL features in over 2 years.

Its not a tiny amount when theres no other content to do and the lw updates hardly amount to 3 maybe 5 days worth or content. The game doesnt get smaller content updates every 2 weeks like it did for a while during se3 and if someone is fed up with w8ing 3 months for an update they will have a hard time caring enough to stick around and maybe even come back if it goes upwards to 1/3rd of a year. (Most ppl come back for expansions not lw updates)

S4 episodes have prob been bigger in map size not necesarily anything else (for sure not replayability wise).

New tech in some cases is indeed a reason, we saw in ep3 huge instances and such but nothing worth compomising the cadence and ppl's patience for imho.

Also u say this mmo has spoiled us update wise? Compaired to what?

As for your wvw comment, yes, i agree.

I disagree with your assessments of each episode though. Ep2 kept me playing for weeks, ep4 im still only halfway through the achievements and ive only managed one toon through each episode so far. Ive found the content to be pretty substantial for a free dlc drop and if we had even shorter cadences, we would end up with much, much less to play. Id rather continue to wait longer and have bigger drops like this and not be like other mmos where i might be lucky to see one map every half year and substantially poorer festivals.

I dont think anything has been compromised in terms of patience. We saw a few disgruntled forum posts, but there are plenty of players still trying to catch up now or enjoying the maps we have. If they only had 3-5 days worth of content, the maps would be empty, but that hasnt been the case. In any case I imagine it is impossible to make consistent content that caters for both those who rush through it in day one and the more casual player. I think theyve got the balance right here (open world)

I do agree though that expansions are what bring the players back and not ls (admittedly based on anecdotal evidence and a bit of logic).

Archived