Spellbreakers aren't doing their job and it's hurting the entire meta

mortrialus.3062

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@DragonFury.6243 said:i think nerfing holo,boonbeast and Chaos Mirages is way better than buffing warrior againwarrior is not the only profession that have a hard time against them you know

It's not about warrior having a hard time against these builds, its that countering these types of builds is Spellbreaker's raison d'etre. These types of builds should be its easiest match ups.

As long as they nerf some stuff alongside to become weaker to classes like revenant, reaper, thief.Can't be good at everything.

I concur. War definitely doesn’t need any particular buffs to it’s flat damage and changes need to be made carefully, but SB definitely should be a stronger matchup vs boon heavy builds.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:don't worry, as long as warrior has rampage in its current form it will be viable.

I don’t think it’s heathy for a class’s viability to revolve around an elite or a utility skill. (Or one of each) it wasn’t healthy with Mesmer, I would never argue to impose that on Warrior.

I somewhat disagree. Yes, SB and holo and chaos mirage are boon spammers, but they can survive through SB, but what about all the other classes that cant? SB was driving away many other builds since they "relied" on 1-2 buffs. Eles have limited boons they can apply to themselves, they HEAVILY rely on protection and regen for sustain and tankiness, and they have very limited access to stability (which has priority for boon convertion/removal), and unless you are running a troll-selfsustain build like bunker weaver, you wont survive a SB in any shape or form.

Right now the problem with the meta is that it is "oppressive" for many builds, you dont see build diversity because of this. The correct answer is this; nerf classes until majority of classes are on a similar baseline, not buff everyone to infinite powercreep levels.

Archived