What are your guesses for the Legendary Greatsword next Episode?

Blocki.4931

@sorudo.9054 said:

@"Ghostrider.6879" said:
ssmdwTM.gif
You know it's name. I was surprised that the game didn't have a version of it already since it already got Mjölnir and Gungnir.

both of them are from nordic mythology, that one is from english legends. (and if you look at the non-anime version A.K.A the legendary accurate one, it's quite a boring looking sword)

Ya that's my point. Real life mythology reference is not off the table. And since it's one of the most famous sword, I kinda want to see anet's version of it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a few guesses:

a.) something like the Binding of Ipos: That would be a greatsword-skin that looks like anything but a greatsword. With a nice animation upon drawing and a fascinating combat animation set. Like a sword summoned from the mists, which floats infront of you like the Sword of Justice. We wield probably a scepter, a stick or a gemstone and the sword is nicely animated with all skills to compensate the lack of direct connection to the player.

b.) a joke-weapon with a ridiculous size, like Tomberry's knife or even smaller: It has to look as unimpressive as possible. The footprint effect might be something ridiculous like corrosion drops or rift-scratches.

c.) a blue brandstone shard sword: It is pretty much just a hilt you carry and builds up the crystal-blade when drawing. Animation similar to the drawing of Eureka/Cutting Edge. Footprints made of blue brandstone shards. And probably a shatter-animation when stowing the weapon.

d.) an exalted super-weapon: A greatsword that runs with the spirit of an actual exalted, crafted of pure light ... like an exalted on a stick :P. Upon drawing an exalted spawns infront of you, bows before you then turns into the blade or your greatsword. Animations similar to the photon forge, probably even more flashy.

If I could make the decision, I would definitely go with the idea of @Randulf.7614 or @Deimos.4263. Still waiting for the fractal you play as a skritt ^^.

There is a toysword they make that i think could be the base for the new lego sword. https://formidabletoys.com/product/dragon-arc-complete-sword/

I would name it Dragons Bane or Dragons Breath but i think something like that for a legendary greatsword would be nice. Its could be made of purple shards and aura that pulses crystals or purple and black tendrils , or keep it red like fire

Archived