Queues for full PvE Maps instead of "Join in "

Chelu.2095

6 hours ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

I agree with you to a certain point. But HoT was released 6 years ago and naturally the general player got better PCs. And with the help of DX11 hopefully this issue will be resolved.

It is true that PCs have gotten better, but how well your PC handles 200 players is irrelevant to how well their server can handle 200 players. Performance in MMOs is dependent upon hardware on both ends (player and server). 

On 9/23/2021 at 8:43 AM, ASP.8093 said:

9/10 of the time your queue won't pop until the meta is done. Seems like it would encourage more frustration and confusion, not less.

(The optimal zero-frustration scenario, imo? Don't spam join if the map is full. Just recognize that you didn't get in and go do something else.)

This is false. You just have to spam and then you get in. It is just very tiring to do so but you do get in. A queue would ensure this or save you time by saying what you said which is it is not worth it. But then you would knew because the game would tell you.

It wouldn't be a risk nor a waste of time. The game would just tell you. So there are 0 drawbacks with implementing a queue system, while currently you lose so much.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/21/2019 at 4:06 PM, Rasimir.6239 said:

It's already a nuisance trying to play events on a map when you find tons of people just standing around without participating because they'd rather spam join on the "free loot" map than try and get things going on the current map. A (visible) queue would give even more people the incentive to proclaim the current map as dead and just stand around until their queue pops, while scaling events into oblivion for those around that actually want to play the map/instance they are on. You can probably do away with megaserver for many maps at that point and just replace the copies with a generic waiting room.

Why do I feel like this is the only relevant post in this thread? are players not thinking how this queuing feature would destroy the meta events like chak gerent, auric basin and sometimes drakkar and other less played meta like thunderheadkeep and oil floes.

This queue might workout for dragons stand and dragon's end but it'll absolutely kill other metas that i mentioned

If players get satisfied after queuing up for other instance of the same map and not do the meta in current map, its a disaster waiting to happen for all metas... I noticed a lot of gerent metas fail even with full map just coz ppl try to spam join other instance. sometimes they get some confidence to do the meta in current map if they see 4 commander tags with atleast 10 players each tag.. if tags are created very late and players dont join tags, then current instance players get less confidence and try spam joining other instance.. there are other issues like players clumping up in a single lane and not spreading across lanes evenly.. looking at ogre lane clumps and not participating in nuhoc lane... clumping in east lane auric rather than spreading to south lane auric....

my point is... if ure early to meta, u will have successful meta.. if ure somewhat late, try joining in other instance once.. if spots on otehr instance are filled up, try doing the meta in current instance if the meta is active on current map.. else if no active meta in current map, use the event timer in gw2 wiki and move on to the next meta and u have an advantage of being early for the next meta...

and if u juat want the loot from auric and chakgerent, just wait a few mins and try joining otehr instance and u'll get a spot to loot the grandchests from auric and chak cache from gerent lanes

Bumping this thread coz anet decided to do this queuing feature in roadmap...

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Confused 1

We used to have something like this in the early days of the game. Instead of mega-servers where all maps are shared each server had it's own copy of each map, then if that was full players would start going into a shared 'overflow' map (which worked like the current system, the game would create as many overflows as needed). When that happened you were automatically put into a queue to get into your server's main map.

As far as I remember most people would just get on and play while they were in the overflow map. Even if you were specifically waiting to join a group so you could do something together there was no benefit in just standing around because you were only in the queue as long as you stayed in the map and there wasn't anything you could do to make it go faster.

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Why do I feel like this is the only relevant post in this thread? are players not thinking how this queuing feature would destroy the meta events like chak gerent, auric basin and sometimes drakkar and other less played meta like thunderheadkeep and oil floes.

This queue might workout for dragons stand and dragon's end but it'll absolutely kill other metas that i mentioned

If players get satisfied after queuing up for other instance of the same map and not do the meta in current map, its a disaster waiting to happen for all metas... I noticed a lot of gerent metas fail even with full map just coz ppl try to spam join other instance. sometimes they get some confidence to do the meta in current map if they see 4 commander tags with atleast 10 players each tag.. if tags are created very late and players dont join tags, then current instance players get less confidence and try spam joining other instance.. there are other issues like players clumping up in a single lane and not spreading across lanes evenly.. looking at ogre lane clumps and not participating in nuhoc lane... clumping in east lane auric rather than spreading to south lane auric....

my point is... if ure early to meta, u will have successful meta.. if ure somewhat late, try joining in other instance once.. if spots on otehr instance are filled up, try doing the meta in current instance if the meta is active on current map.. else if no active meta in current map, use the event timer in gw2 wiki and move on to the next meta and u have an advantage of being early for the next meta...

and if u juat want the loot from auric and chakgerent, just wait a few mins and try joining otehr instance and u'll get a spot to loot the grandchests from auric and chak cache from gerent lanes

Bumping this thread coz anet decided to do this queuing feature in roadmap...

It seems people who see it as a positive are hoping players will see the queue and decide to go ahead and do their own map. Right now, with no idea whether they can get into the full map, spam clicking seems reasonable. Queue supporters are hoping if the spam-clickers see “There are 82 players ahead in queue” they’ll give up and participate in their current instance.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1