Unlocked the Holosmith Ascended sword - Where are the new stats at?

This was incredibly disappointing. I spent a good chunk of the day doing the collection for the Holosmith saber thinking that I'd be able to select the new Griever's stats once I have it but apparently all you can choose from is Berserker, Rampager and I want to say Wanderers for the third option. Was really hoping to see the new stats as a selectable option.

Apparently the specialization weapons for the new collections use the previous specialization weapons stat selection. This is why you find the tanky stats of the scrapper hammer glued onto holosmiths sword and even worse the healing support of druid glued onto soulbeast.

As to why on earth then eles can select the rarest stat of the expansion right now i really don't know. You would have thought renegade could have used that given that's literally the point of kallas fervor.

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:This should help you out.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing

But won't that spit out the basic ascended weapon and defeat all purpose of getting you profession weapon unlocked through collections?

I'm trying to get Veilrender but i'm disappointed that i can't get any except basic stats on it according to the wiki. It has Carrion, Dire and Rabid as a choice. Well what if i want Viper's? Horologicus for chrono has selectable Minstrel's stat. Why so restrictive and stingy with the stat choices Anet?

It takes a really long time to get those achievements, the least you can do is get us a free choice of stat combinations.

I really don't get that restriction.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:This should help you out.

But won't that spit out the basic ascended weapon and defeat all purpose of getting you profession weapon unlocked through collections?

I'm trying to get Veilrender but i'm disappointed that i can't get any except basic stats on it according to the wiki. It has Carrion, Dire and Rabid as a choice. Well what if i want Viper's? Horologicus for chrono has selectable Minstrel's stat. Why so restrictive and stingy with the stat choices Anet?

It takes a really long time to get those achievements, the least you can do is get us a free choice of stat combinations.

You just need the one additional step of transmuting the skin back to the one you want, after you create the stats you want in the forge.

So, you put the sword in the forge with a viper inscription, 5 ecto and an Anthology of Heroes you get from Miyani. It'll pop out the vipers ascended sword, then you equip it, go to the wardrobe and change the skin back to the holosmith sword. It's is not a big cost, it's such a little inconvenience that it likely only exists to remind people that it is possible to change ascended stats in the forge.

@Veprovina.4876 said:But won't that spit out the basic ascended weapon and defeat all purpose of getting you profession weapon unlocked through collections?

The SKIN for the ascended weapon is unlocked the moment you acquire it. You can reapply the skin if you do decide to use an anthology to alter the stats (which would become a Terracotta Antique ascended if you use HoT inscriptions, or any other color Antique depending on the stats of the inscription you use). It just comes at the extra cost of a transmutation charge.

Archived