[merged] About the Skyscale Timegate...

@Rukario.1695 said:

If people work full time and have a family, yet they're spending 5 hours a day doing collections, needless to say they are either neglecting their spouse (unless both play,) or children -- for an online game and that should not be the case. If you're talking about people who simply go to work and then go home to no-life the game until they go to bed, then yeah, they probably are finishing the collections each day.

That is, unless they work 2pm to 10pm and the server reset hits at 7pm like where I live. I get home, get maybe 30 minutes to an hour to play, sleep, get up, do morning kitten, run errands, maybe get another 45 minutes of playtime if I decide to, then I have to work again. This is an 8 hour schedule -- what about 12 hours or those who have to work overtime any time their boss decides to call them?

Just because your Average Joe with nothing going on can finish a collection each day does not speak for anyone but that Average Joe.

This shouldn't need an explanation.

There is a reason I never crafted a Legendary, instead I did the Gold Grind to get 2,800g. Time-gating is dumb and collections in collections is almost worse.The first day's collection took roughly 6 hours for most people, even with a guide.The second day's collection took roughly 6 to 8 hours depending on your luck, with a guide.The third day's collection took 3 hours with luck or substantially longer, with a guide; Gold or Charged Quartz is mandatory.No one knows what the next 2 collections entail.

But needless to say if someone only has 30min~1hr of playtime a day to allocate, this would have already taken them 15~24-ish days depending on luck, help from others, or choosing to not use a guide at all (substantially increasing the required time,) - and this is completely ignoring the Gold requirement.

Add the chance they finish a collection 5 minutes after the Daily Reset already hit -- Add a day to the total every time this happens.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Exactly this.

People who think others are lazy just because they or someone else they know can do this while working just come across as really arrogant.While it's awesome that you can, compared to the almost hundreds of people I've seen across forum threads, in-game, and on Reddit, you are the minority.

Everyone's lives are different. Everyone's got different things to do with their free time besides Guild Wars. And the daily reset is set regardless time-zones, meaning while the reset is in a very optimal place for some people's schedules, for others it falls at a very bad time, like right before they have to head for work, or in the middle of the night.

Guild Wars 2 has millions of players. If you don't get affected by this, that's great. But don't treat those who can't as lazy. :\

I don't mind working on collections to earn a thing I want. I do mind arbitrary time gates without purpose. I really dislike how the mastery is locked and all XP is lost. I understand you'll be addressing that, for which I'm ... grudgingly grateful.

Honestly, Anet, think about why movies-on-demand are so popular and make so much money. I got rid of cable a long time ago, but I pay for Netflix. Think about why series-bingeing is a thing. Do you really care if someone binges your season vs. someone else who watches it in 30-min. increments? Let us play at our own pace-- whatever that pace may be.

I remember the whole GW2 manifesto about how this game wasn't about "waiting to have fun". Do you?

@Rukario.1695 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:The grow lamp have steadilly been rising in price all day, definitely not exploding. You had plenty of time from this morning.

ITT: People forget other people have jobs.

The timegating is stupid and should be removed, promptly.

ITT: People forget other people have jobs
who are able to complete the collections

If people work full time and have a family, yet they're spending 5 hours a day doing collections, needless to say they are either neglecting their spouse (unless both play,) or children -- for an online game and that should not be the case. If you're talking about people who simply go to work and then go home to no-life the game until they go to bed, then yeah, they probably are finishing the collections each day.

That is, unless they work 2pm to 10pm and the server reset hits at 7pm like where I live. I get home, get maybe 30 minutes to an hour to play, sleep, get up, do morning kitten, run errands, maybe get another 45 minutes of playtime if I decide to, then I have to work again. This is an 8 hour schedule -- what about 12 hours or those who have to work overtime any time their boss decides to call them?

Just because your Average Joe with nothing going on can finish a collection each day does not speak for anyone but that Average Joe.

There is a reason I never crafted a Legendary, instead I did the Gold Grind to get 2,800g. Time-gating is dumb and collections in collections is almost worse.

The first day's collection took roughly 6 hours for most people, even with a guide.The second day's collection took roughly 6 to 8 hours depending on your luck, with a guide.The third day's collection took 3 hours with luck or substantially longer, with a guide; Gold or Charged Quartz is mandatory.No one knows what the next 2 collections entail.

But needless to say if someone only has 30min~1hr of playtime a day to allocate, this would have already taken them
15~24-ish days
depending on luck, help from others, or choosing to not use a guide at all (substantially increasing the required time,) - and this is completely ignoring the Gold requirement.

Add the chance they finish a collection 5 minutes after the Daily Reset already hit -- Add a day to the total every time this happens.

You're grossly exaggerating how long it takes to do the collections.

For one, it took me six hours to do the entire first day collection without a guide so you can easily do it in a fraction of the time. It really shouldn't take someone more than three hours to do this with a guide.

It took me two hours to do the second day's collection. No guide needed as the hints were very straightforward compared to the previous day's collections.

It took a total of an hour to do the third day's collection and that's counting the next two days of feeding the mount.

Also, the time-gate has minimal impact on someone with such limited playtime. If it takes six hours to do a collection, and they play for one hour a day, they essentially spent six days. On the seventh day they can start the next one. Adding a day on top of that artificially inflates things and is misleading. The daily time-gate only impacts them if they're in-between collections during their playtime but that's fairly minimal anyway due to how little time they play.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:The grow lamp have steadilly been rising in price all day, definitely not exploding. You had plenty of time from this morning.

There is a reason I never crafted a Legendary, instead I did the Gold Grind to get 2,800g. Time-gating is dumb and collections in collections is almost worse.

The first day's collection took roughly 6 hours for most people, even with a guide.The second day's collection took roughly 6 to 8 hours depending on your luck, with a guide.The third day's collection took 3 hours with luck or substantially longer, with a guide; Gold or Charged Quartz is mandatory.No one knows what the next 2 collections entail.

But needless to say if someone only has 30min~1hr of playtime a day to allocate, this would have already taken them
15~24-ish days
depending on luck, help from others, or choosing to not use a guide at all (substantially increasing the required time,) - and this is completely ignoring the Gold requirement.

For one, it took me six hours to do the entire first day collection without a guide so you can easily do it in a fraction of the time. It really shouldn't take someone more than three hours to do this with a guide.

It took me two hours to do the second day's collection.

It took a total of an hour to do the third day's collection and that's counting the next two days of feeding the mount.

Gratz on having a low time absorbing job. Outside of that, you've made literally no point. Some of us work four-six hours a day. Some of us, work in industries where you work 8-12 hours a day before on-call, like law, finance (me), LEO, or medicine. If you're in the four hour area, of course you see nothing wrong with spending 6 hours in one day on a collection for a mount.

"People who think others are lazy just because they or someone else they know can do this while working just come across as really arrogant.While it's awesome that you can, compared to the almost hundreds of people I've seen across forum threads, in-game, and on Reddit, you are the minority."

That. ^

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You're grossly exaggerating how long it takes to do the collections.

It took me two hours to do the second day's collection. No guide needed as the hints were very straightforward compared to the previous day's collections.

It took me 6 to do the first day's with a guide.It took me 5 to do the second's.It took me 2 to do the third's before the time-gated feeding.

Everyone does things at a different pace. Some people did it quick enough to already been on Day 2 of the feeding already. We already knew this.

Again, just because you could do it in a certain time even with the restrictions, it doesn't mean everyone does/can.

@CJtheBigBear.9610 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You're grossly exaggerating how long it takes to do the collections.

Again, just because you could do it in a certain time even with the restrictions, it doesn't mean everyone does/can.Now if you could get the rest of the posters on board with this thinking, we can close this thread down, sing kumbaya, and raise our little Skyscales up to be the best little helicopter dragons they can be! :sunglasses:

@Enokitake.1742 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:The grow lamp have steadilly been rising in price all day, definitely not exploding. You had plenty of time from this morning.

15~24-ish days

It took me two hours to do the second day's collection.

Gratz on having a low time absorbing job. Outside of that, you've made literally no point. Some of us work four-six hours a day. Some of us, work in industries where you work 8-12 hours a day before on-call, like law, finance (me), LEO, or medicine. If you're in the four hour area, of course you see nothing wrong with spending 6 hours in one day on a collection for a mount.

"People who think others are lazy just because they or someone else they know can do this while working just come across as really arrogant.While it's awesome that you can, compared to the almost hundreds of people I've seen across forum threads, in-game, and on Reddit, you are the minority."

That. ^

I work 8 hours a day with about an hour travel time each way. You're also still grossly exaggerating how long it takes to do those collections with guides.

Also, please stop lumping that whole lazy accusation with my post. I never said that.

@CJtheBigBear.9610 said:

It took me 6 to do the first day's with a guide.It took me 5 to do the second's.It took me 2 to do the third's before the time-gated feeding.

Everyone does things at a different pace. Some people did it quick enough to already been on Day 2 of the feeding already. We already knew this.

Again, just because you could do it in a certain time even with the restrictions, it doesn't mean everyone does/can.

And I respond with this:

Just because you took that amount of time, doesn't mean that everyone else did.

If you're going to use that argument then realize it can be used both ways.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:The grow lamp have steadilly been rising in price all day, definitely not exploding. You had plenty of time from this morning.

15~24-ish days

Also, the time-gate has minimal impact on someone with such limited playtime. If it takes six hours to do a collection, and they play for one hour a day, they essentially spent six days. On the seventh day they can start the next one. Adding a day on top of that artificially inflates things and is misleading. The daily time-gate only impacts them if they're in-between collections during their playtime but that's fairly minimal anyway due to how little time they play.

How on earth am I grossly exaggerating the collections when I have already done them using a guide? I am on my time off. You can't sit here and tell me the time I spent on the collections is grossly exaggerated, sorry.

There are plenty of people who do not have waypoints, opened maps, enough gold to chain waypoints, do not catch a meta at the right time, or other. Good for you that you did everything exact to a T and did not miss a beat, but that does not mean everyone had the same experience as you.

Jesus christ.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:And I respond with this:

It really can't be used in both ways, because your style of play isn't affected by this. If neither side was being affected, then this thread wouldn't be here. Saying you're not affected isn't helping the dozens of people posting in this thread that are.

@CJtheBigBear.9610 said:

It really can't be used in both ways, because your style of play isn't affected by this. If neither side was being affected, then this thread wouldn't be here. Saying you're not affected isn't helping the dozens of people posting in this thread that are.

That makes absolutely no sense.

@Rukario.1695 said:

15~24-ish days

How on earth am I grossly exaggerating the collections when I have already done them using a guide? I am on my time off. You can't sit here and tell me the time I spent on the collections is grossly exaggerated, sorry.

There are plenty of people who do not have waypoints, opened maps, enough gold to chain waypoints, do not catch a meta at the right time, or other. Good for you that you did everything exact to a T and did not miss a beat, but that does not mean everyone had the same experience as you.

Jesus christ.

With the first day’s collection, and using a guide, it shouldn’t take more than 45 minutes per sub collection as you can go in a loop around the island. The one with the events can be done by prioritizing the events that complete quickly such as clearing the handful of mobs and veteran mob while tagging the other events.

The thing is, that with a guide showing you exactly where to go, it does not take that much time to breeze through the collection items.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Okay, let me word it differently. We're here and posting because the way things have been set up by this time-gate have affected us, and how it's detrimental to our enjoyment of the game.

The time-gating has no effect on you or your play style and pacing. And while this is fine and great for you, this wasn't the point of the complaints.

The time-gate would have absolutely no bearing on you whether they decided to keep it on or not, so why does it matter if the people who do get affected want it to change?

@CJtheBigBear.9610 said:

Okay, let me word it differently. We're here and posting because the way things have been set up by this time-gate have affected us, and how it's detrimental to our enjoyment of the game.

The time-gating has no effect on you or your play style and pacing. And while this is fine and
great
for you, this wasn't the point of the complaints.

The time-gate would have absolutely no bearing on you whether they decided to keep it on or not, so why does it matter if the people who do get affected want it to change?

I was commenting about how long you were saying it’d take to do each collection and nothing about the time-gating itself.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

15~24-ish days

Jesus christ.

With the first day’s collection, and using a guide, it shouldn’t take more than 45 minutes per sub collection as you can go in a loop around the island. The one with the events can be done by prioritizing the events that complete quickly such as clearing the handful of mobs and veteran mob while tagging the other events.

The thing is, that with a guide showing you exactly where to go, it does not take that much time to breeze through the collection items.

If you're sitting there binging the game until you have finished everything in the collection, sure. I have other things to take care of whilst attempting to do this. I have to eat or drink, I have laundry. I don't have the luxury of never taking my hands off my mouse or keyboard. Stuff happens.

The average person isn't going to sit there for the entire duration and do nothing but that.

And once again, there are plenty of people who do not have waypoints, opened maps, enough gold to chain waypoints, do not catch a meta at the right time, or other.

Lastly, let's not forget that not everyone has a Griffon to lean on.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

The time-gating has no effect on you or your play style and pacing. And while this is fine and
great
for you, this wasn't the point of the complaints.

I was commenting about how long you were saying it’d take to do each collection and nothing about the time-gating itself.

Um... refer to:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Also, the time-gate has minimal impact on someone with such limited playtime. If it takes six hours to do a collection, and they play for one hour a day, they essentially spent six days. On the seventh day they can start the next one. Adding a day on top of that artificially inflates things and is misleading. The daily time-gate only impacts them if they're in-between collections during their playtime but that's fairly minimal anyway due to how little time they play.

@Rukario.1695 said:

15~24-ish days

Jesus christ.

If you're sitting there binging the game until you have finished everything in the collection, sure. I have other things to take care of whilst attempting to do this. I have to eat or drink, I have laundry. I don't have the luxury of never taking my hands off my mouse or keyboard. Stuff happens.

All that time doing something other than the collections has no bearing on how long the collections themselves take to do. If I started the first collection, stopped halfway to do something else for two weeks, and then came back to finish it, that doesn’t mean that it took me over two weeks to do it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

And I never said that the way I did it was the way everyone did it. I know people do it quicker than me, and I know people do it slower than me too. Going back in the thread, you said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

ITT: People forget other people have jobs who are able to complete the collections

In response to someone saying that some people have jobs that prohibit them from doing this in a timely fashion. What I'm trying to say, is that it doesn't matter if some people with jobs can do it, and it doesn't matter if some people can do it 5 hours instead of 10.

What matters is that the people who are on the latter half of the spectrum are getting a bad deal in this situation.

@CJtheBigBear.9610 said:

And I never said that the way I did it was the way everyone did it. I know people do it quicker than me, and I know people do it slower than me too. Going back in the thread, you said:

ITT: People forget other people have jobs who are able to complete the collections

In response to someone saying that some people have jobs that prohibit them from doing this in a timely fashion. What I'm trying to say, is that it doesn't
matter
if some people with jobs can do it, and it doesn't
matter
if some people can do it 5 hours instead of 10.

What matters is that the people who are on the
latter
half of the spectrum are getting a bad deal in this situation.

Those with more time to play the game will almost always benefit more than those that don’t. It’s no different for these collections as it is anywhere else in the game.

My primary reason for posting was about the claim that it takes so long to do those collections with a guide. That’s all.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

15~24-ish days

Jesus christ.

All that time doing something other than the collections has no bearing on how long the collections themselves take to do. If I started the first collection, stopped halfway to do something else for two weeks, and then came back to finish it, that doesn’t mean that it took me over two weeks to do it.

It's obvious you have no intent to listen, you just want to be right - whereas we're subject to defending our personally expended time on the collections. There is no reason to continue this discussion any further as I have already made my point.

Including a grace period for basic human activity & purposely stating "roughly X time" should be enough to hint that not everyone is a robot on a mission.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

In response to someone saying that some people have jobs that prohibit them from doing this in a timely fashion. What I'm trying to say, is that it doesn't
matter
matter

latter

Those with more time to play the game will almost always benefit more than those that don’t. It’s no different for these collections as it is anywhere else in the game.

My primary reason for posting was about the claim that it takes so long to do those collections with a guide. That’s all.

You're making a pretty huge ass of yourself so if there's one thing you contributed, it's making my night entertaining.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Those with more time to play the game will almost always benefit more than those that don’t. It’s no different for these collections as it is anywhere else in the game.

Of course people with more time to play will play more, that's obvious. :|

The point is that this time-gate drastically altered the line between people with enough time, and people with not enough time.

There's a reason people on the less-time side never do the other time-gated stuff like legendary gear crafting. The big problem is ANet slapping that amount of time-restraint on a mount when they've never done that with any of the bonus mounts leading up 'til now.

@CJtheBigBear.9610 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Those with more time to play the game will almost always benefit more than those that don’t. It’s no different for these collections as it is anywhere else in the game.

Of course people with more time to play will play more, that's obvious. :|

The point is that this time-gate drastically altered the line between people with enough time, and people with not enough time.

There's a reason people on the less-time side never do the other time-gated stuff like legendary gear crafting. The big problem is ANet slapping that amount of time-restraint on a mount when they've never done that with any of the bonus mounts leading up 'til now.

And I was not speaking about the time-gate at all but the claim on how long each collection would take with a guide.

@WargreymonDGMN.8250 said:

matter
matter

latter

You're making a pretty huge kitten of yourself so if there's one thing you contributed, it's making my night entertaining.

Anything constructive?

@Rukario.1695 said:

15~24-ish days

Jesus christ.

It's obvious you have no intent to listen, you just want to be
right
- whereas we're subject to defending our personally expended time on the collections. There is no reason to continue this discussion any further as I have already made my point.

Including a grace period for basic human activity & purposely stating "roughly X time" should be enough to hint that not everyone is a robot on a mission.

And the same could be said that you have no intent to listen but just want to be right.

All I was commenting about was my disagreement with how long it takes to do each collection. That is all.