Questionable dragon physiology [spoilers]

Daniel Handler.4816

So Kralk digests magic with his heart or his heart is in his stomach? Also what does "but you are of me and soon I will be of you" mean? She becomes his grandmother? We see Aurene turn back into an egg, then become herself as light emanates from her chest, then presumably an elder dragon. Does she have his heart now?

Kralky isnt really... how do i say it... organic, hes basically a bunch of crystals and rocks tied together by magic seemingly (which you can see when you go inside him.

The line mean that she comes from him as his granddaughter but soon he will be of her as she will absorb his magic, his life froce.

I feel like the cutscene where we see her in diff forms is symbolic, showing us the journey we took with her till she finaly becomes and elder dragon. How her body will be is yet unknown, as she was now she had both organic looking parts and crystals so how she will endup after is up in the air.

I don't think Aurene actually turned into an egg again. My interpretation of that scene was Aurene was showing her growth and the history with the Pact Commander. Which was why we saw Tarir show up in the background.

But Kralkatorrik's line was talking about Aurene taking in his magic. Just as Zafirah and others have been constantly saying how Aurene is so akin to Balthazar and has his presence, she now has Kralkatorrik's.

@"Arden.7480" said:we were in one of the crystals of the All

This was my interpretation too. That entering Kralkatorrik was like going through a portal into the "spirit realm" of the purple orb in The All.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:I don't think Aurene actually turned into an egg again. My interpretation of that scene was Aurene was showing her growth and the history with the Pact Commander. Which was why we saw Tarir show up in the background.

But Kralkatorrik's line was talking about Aurene taking in his magic. Just as Zafirah and others have been constantly saying how Aurene is so akin to Balthazar and has his presence, she now has Kralkatorrik's.

This was my interpretation too. That entering Kralkatorrik was like going through a portal into the "spirit realm" of the purple orb in The All.

Why would his heart be in the All and not in his body?

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:I don't think Aurene actually turned into an egg again. My interpretation of that scene was Aurene was showing her growth and the history with the Pact Commander. Which was why we saw Tarir show up in the background.

Why would his heart be a floating orb and his body have literally no organs at all, yet he bleeds? How could his body die, yet his heart live?

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Why would his heart be
a floating orb
and his body have literally no organs at all, yet he bleeds? How could his body die, yet his heart live?

Because he was a magical dragon that subsisted on eating magic. We don't know what internal organs he had, or even needed, beyond what Kralkatorrik and Braham refer to it as his heart. We never venture further than what is presumably the thorax, the largest cavity in the body containing the heart and lungs. And for a being the size of a mountain there is a lot we didn't see.

Honestly, the "size of a mountain" body looked pretty damn huge inside. So much so that it felt like we were in a place much, much larger than inside his thorax. It pretty much looked endless in every direction, even back towards the beginning with the exception of the hole were we came from.

The Skyscales are also magical dragons subsisting on eating magic, and they look a heck of a lot more fleshy than Kralkatorrik's insides do. And if that truly was the physical insides of Kralkatorrik, I cannot see how Glint's instructions of thrusting a spear through a specific set of ribs could possibly pierce the heart that's floating in nothingness with platforms forming out of thin air.

Like you said, he's a magical dragon. Who's connected to The All. Why couldn't there be a connection to that specific sphere of The All in his body?

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Honestly, the "size of a mountain" body looked pretty kitten huge inside. So much so that it felt like we were in a place much, much larger than inside his thorax. It pretty much looked endless in every direction, even back towards the beginning with the exception of the hole were we came from.

The Skyscales are also magical dragons subsisting on eating magic, and they look a heck of a lot more fleshy than Kralkatorrik's insides do. And if that truly was the physical insides of Kralkatorrik, I cannot see how Glint's instructions of thrusting a spear through a specific set of ribs could possibly pierce the heart that's floating in nothingness with platforms forming out of thin air.

Like you said, he's a magical dragon. Who's connected to The All. Why couldn't there be a connection to that specific sphere of The All in his body?

For me it looked obscured by storms. I mean I've considered the possibility EDs filter magic through the all to cleanse it. But the logistics of having a pocket dimension in your throat seems weird. As for Glint perhaps she just wanted to kill the body first, like we did.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:As for Glint perhaps she just wanted to kill the body first, like we did.

Piercing the heart is what we did to kill him entirely, and was her instruction. She was aiming for the final blow from the beginning.

If her instructions wouldn't have pierced the heart now then perhaps back then when he seemed less elemental. And if not, why'd she go for the ribcage when this metaphysical one in a pocket dimension is the key?

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Honestly, the "size of a mountain" body looked pretty kitten huge inside. So much so that it felt like we were in a place much, much larger than inside his thorax. It pretty much looked endless in every direction, even back towards the beginning with the exception of the hole were we came from.

Wasn't it said that Glint's lair was located inside a single grain of sand? Maybe it's just a Crystal Dragon thing -- we just got really small when we went inside Kraalk. His heart is actually really, really tiny, like the Grinch but more physiologically improbable.