Materials Storage - Materials without named slots

Howdy...I'd like to request that corresponding materials storage slots be created for existing crafting mats currently in game and in future, are included with new crafting materials as they are added into the game.

Crafting materials I have currently without a materials storage spot:Wintersday GiftsMug of EggnogAscalonian Royal IrisesShining Jade Orchid PetalsKodas Blossom PetalsKrytan Spiderwort BloomsLumber Cores

If anyone else has materials where a dedicated materials slot doesn't exist, please comment below and I'll add it to the list.

Wintersday Gifts and Mugs of Eggnog are not primarily materials.

Sometime 2016-2017 Lindsey Murdock did a huge overview of materials in storage and added a ton of stuff. The threads leading up to it, where she asked the community what we wanted in and explained why some were not candidates and why we can't just add everything, was really good. I don't have a link, but I'm sure some of the regulars can supply it.

I agree about the garden blooms. I would also like to see more of the cooking items — spice packs, soup bases, etc. — added to the bank. It isn’t a huge deal for me and I’m super happy for all the items that were added to materials — and that this feature exists at all! I still remember my shock and joy upon discovering this when I started the playing GW2 several years ago! In SWTOR my large bank was almost totally materials that I manually organized and so to have that already done for me — YAY! :love:

ANet recently did a comprehensive review of, well, everything in the game. They took their own ideas and asked for ours. They went over everything, and offered explanations as to why some things were added, some not. (As it turns out, they added a ton of stuff, especially intermediate cooking items.)

The biggest technical limitation is: the total storage is limited. There are a fixed number of spots and when that runs out, they won't be able to add any more (without starting from scratch and building a new system). They want to be sure there are enough slots for future LS episodes/expansions.

In short: it's not enough to demonstrate that it would be convenient to add item X to Material Storage. It has to be overwhelmingly compelling that it's a necessary change. I'm on the fence about the home garden mats: on the one hand, they are definitely materials (and generated by a gem store purchase at that). On the other, there's no reason to hoard them. They might take up one inventory slot each, never more than that.