Warclaw allows me to play support build!

Ryudnard.2587

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Oh nice, the same usual suspects complaining about mounts because they don't like that the game isn't how they think it should be. How's that working for you fellas?

A lot better than your reading skills apparently lmao

I dont think you even read the OP whereas a dismount skill and dismount trap are on the way. (Bit off topic now)

I read th OP and I'm aware of these developments ... yet I still see the same people complaining about mounts with these things coming. bad craftsmen always blame their tools.

Can I have what you're having?

Also I see no complaints, unless criticism, observations and feedback count as complaints?

I don't know, can you? Still the same complaints from the same people. I think the best part is that they have adapted to the change ... just like they were told they will have to. Feels good to know how things will shape up.

Yes it was good to hear from Anet they will be adding dismounts and various mechanics to the mount. This should open up build diversity again, I can go back to using Celestial builds and it took a while to craft a full set.

I assume the quality of my fights will go up again once its implemented and the roamers come back to the game (the ones who adapted).

If they can handle it of course as a dismount skill would ultimately make it harder for "gankers" and roamers alike.. predator will become prey to the masses.

As I said to another user, maybe ive got you guys pegged all wrong, I thought you guys were zergers afraid to be ganked but maybe youre actually one of these "gankers" you claim to hate knowing full well that a dismount skill would ultimately make your life harder.

Assume what you will about whoever you want if it satisfies your desire to play those games with yourself. I doubt actually that the dismount skill will prevent the complaining from the people who dislike the mount because the issue isn't that people can't be dismounted for them ... it's the fact that the mount simply exists. There are already ways to dismount people.

See you're on a different subject here, this isn't about liking the mount or not as I love it. This is about balance.

Take Celestial gear for example and think about the time and effort put into making such gear only to be nullified or restricted to a very specific playstyle.This goes for a lot of stats actually.

Then theres also people who endlessly tag keep and mount around like clowns for another example.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny when people talk about balance ... like they know better than Anet about what Anet wants to do with the game. Mounts in WvW is a great example that ... people complain that mounts even exist ... but clearly Anet thinks it's a good idea to have them.

@"Obtena.7952" said:It's funny when people talk about balance ... like they know better than Anet about what Anet wants to do with the game. Mounts in WvW is a great example that ... people complain that mounts even exist ... but clearly Anet thinks it's a good idea to have them.

Because Anet dont play their own game, their balance patches are irrelevant for the most part, they dont know how to balance their game.Look how long it took to "balance" mirage, look what they did with DE, and to fix it they screwed any other stealth user with the marked mechanic.Not to mention how many core classes they screwed trying to adress the powercreep in elite specs.they know how to make toys and chairs but balance ? Hell no.

@spectrito.8513 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:It's funny when people talk about balance ... like they know better than Anet about what Anet wants to do with the game. Mounts in WvW is a great example that ... people complain that mounts even exist ... but clearly Anet thinks it's a good idea to have them.

Because Anet dont play their own game, their balance patches are irrelevant for the most part, they dont know how to balance their game.Look how long it took to "balance" mirage, look what they did with DE, and to fix it they screwed any other stealth user with the marked mechanic.Not to mention how many core classes they screwed trying to adress the powercreep in elite specs.they know how to make toys and chairs but balance ? Hell no.

This ^As much as anyone can try and say that arenet doesn't listen to nerf whines by the community the past is proof they do. The only rebuke people have to that statement is it is purely coincidence which is obviously lame. Not only do they listen to nerf cries they often listen to the wrong ones. It is pretty obvious by the decisions they have made regarding balance that they in fact do not play thier game enough nor have enough of a understanding how classes are performing as a whole to make proper balance changes. Not that the community does either as that to is all over the place. The arguement of who's OP and who's not based on AT's needs to stop as well as that's a rediculous way to gauge how well as a whole a class is performing through out multiple game modes as what can be op in pve and wvw can be sub optimal in conquest and vice versa. Honestly unless the devs in charge of balance dont start actually devoting time to playing EVERY class often and take the time to see how its performing in each mode this games complete mess of balance isn't going to get any better as more band aids on top of band aids causing more issues elsewhere until their band aid fixed will continue until eventually a new mmo with a similar combat comes out and gw2 will be dropped soo hard by its playerbase or it will kill just die out.But hey :) we got a new episode and skyscale.

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:It's funny when people talk about balance ... like they know better than Anet about what Anet wants to do with the game. Mounts in WvW is a great example that ... people complain that mounts even exist ... but clearly Anet thinks it's a good idea to have them.

Because Anet dont play their own game, their balance patches are irrelevant for the most part, they dont know how to balance their game.

You don't know they don't play their own game and how they balance the game depends on what they want balance to be, not what you think it should be.

But yeah, please tell me how Anet is balancing the game based on what players want while player wants go unfulfilled all the time ...

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:It's funny when people talk about balance ... like they know better than Anet about what Anet wants to do with the game. Mounts in WvW is a great example that ... people complain that mounts even exist ... but clearly Anet thinks it's a good idea to have them.

Because Anet dont play their own game, their balance patches are irrelevant for the most part, they dont know how to balance their game.

You don't know they don't play their own game and how they balance the game depends on what they want balance to be, not what you think it should be.

But yeah, please tell me how Anet is balancing the game based on what players want while player wants go unfulfilled all the time ...

i wonder why players gets frustrated, no sane person in forums/ingame asks for more power creep, rather the opposite, yet Anet keeps making it worse.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Seriously? Players go unfullfilled because when they do do changes based of nerf cries they do them in a way that nerfs what the community is whining about but take very little of the communities suggestion on how to do so and because they dont know their own game their nerfs literally destroy other builds with in the class or as a consequence of the nerf another already weak part of a spec gets nerfed leaving long time players of the class in question scratching their heads. This behavior is the same reason when they make a change to a spec that alternatively needlessly nagatively effect other specs of the class that are already weak and or are obviously bad changes to the point every one in the community calls out the mistake arenet always refuses to revert any changes they've made. Arenet wont revert changes admitting due to them that is like admitting they made a mistake with balancing. Goid example lead attacks was never a issue until deadeye but they didnt know their game enough to know how the change would effect core and DD. Swipe change they prob had no clue as to the impact I'd have on d/p. They did a great job on berserker eh? Im guessing Next patch sic em will be nerfed in some lazy way. This games powercreep is at a all time high and sic em has aperantly been fine to them up till now so why change it? Guessing enough cries have been in forums lately for arenet to work their magic on it lmao gonna be interesting to see what they do.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Seriously? Players go unfullfilled because when they do do changes based of nerf cries they do them in a way that nerfs what the community is whining about but take very little of the communities suggestion on how to do so and because they dont know their own game their nerfs literally destroy other builds with in the class or as a consequence of the nerf another already weak part of a spec gets nerfed leaving long time players of the class in question scratching their heads. This behavior is the same reason when they make a change to a spec that alternatively needlessly nagatively effect other specs of the class that are already weak and or are obviously bad changes to the point every one in the community calls out the mistake arenet always refuses to revert any changes they've made. Arenet wont revert changes admitting due to them that is like admitting they made a mistake with balancing. Goid example lead attacks was never a issue until deadeye but they didnt know their game enough to know how the change would effect core and DD. Swipe change they prob had no clue as to the impact I'd have on d/p. They did a great job on berserker eh? Im guessing Next patch sic em will be nerfed in some lazy way. This games powercreep is at a all time high and sic em has aperantly been fine to them up till now so why change it? Guessing enough cries have been in forums lately for arenet to work their magic on it lmao gonna be interesting to see what they do.

I dunno ... you're the one telling me Anet is changing the game because of forum feedback ... and now you're telling me they can't satisfy players.

Seems to me what's more logical is that Anet does what they want because players will complain about it regardless.Even though you might not like how Anet does things does not mean Anet has no clue how to balance their game. Anet's balance is based on their ideas of what it should be, not yours and not any other player, including the people that complain on the forums. You don't think it's a coincidence that SOMETIMES the player complaints align with what Anet does ... but that IS the simplest explanation for it because it doesn't actually happen that often.

@Obtena.7952 said:

I dunno ... you're the one telling me Anet is changing the game because of forum feedback ... and now you're telling me they can't satisfy players.

Seems to me what's more logical is that Anet does what they want because players will complain about it regardless.Even though you might not like how Anet does things does not mean Anet has no clue how to balance their game. Anet's balance is based on their ideas of what it should be, not yours and not any other player, including the people that complain on the forums. You don't think it's a coincidence that SOMETIMES the player complaints align with what Anet does ... but that IS the simplest explanation for it because it doesn't actually happen that often.

wait when anet announced something (this mount) people on forum where saying pls let it not be a mount.weeks later tadaaaaaaaa here u go guys have a mount...

they could have canceled in all this weeks they had and even put something else into wvw but nope.when no1 wanted it they still pushed it tru.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Well, complaining about Warclaw seemed to work.We even got a sticky.So Anet doesnt do whatever they want and players opnions doesnt matter like you keep saying every other post.

@spectrito.8513 said:

Well, complaining about Warclaw seemed to work.We even got a sticky.So Anet doesnt do whatever they want and players opnions doesnt matter like you keep saying every other post.

Or Anet already had those plans. /shrug I guess we won't know.

@Obtena.7952 said:

They implemented something poorly just to have extra work after?Sounds reasonable

@spectrito.8513 said:

They implemented something poorly just to have extra work after?Sounds reasonable

Sure ... I don't see why they wouldn't implement something to see how it works and fix it when it doesn't ... the real play environment is the true test. It's not like that's a unique approach. Besides ... all the things they said there were implementing like dismount traps etc ... it's not like they thought of those things 2 days after warclaw was released just because people didn't like the warclaw in WvW ... that's really a speed you think Anet does things at when it takes them months/years to implement new features/content? If you do ... Man, you just ain't paying attention.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Sure ... I don't see why they wouldn't implement something to see how it works and fix it when it doesn't ... the real play environment is the true test. It's not like that's a unique approach. Besides ... all the things they said there were implementing like dismount traps etc ... it's not like they thought of those things 2 days after warclaw was released just because people didn't like the warclaw in WvW ... that's really a speed you think Anet does things at when it takes them months/years to implement new features/content? If you do ... Man, you just ain't paying attention.

Sure they need to test it, but If they take 2+ months to implement a single skill, how much more time they will need for Alliance system ? Will they ever solve the issues WvW is suffering for a long time ?Thats exactly why people didnt want mounts, WvW already has its own set of problems, Warclaw only created more.

@spectrito.8513 said:

Sure they need to test it, but If they take 2+ months to implement a single skill, how much more time they will need for Alliance system ? Will they ever solve the issues WvW is suffering for a long time ?Thats exactly why people didnt want mounts, WvW already has its own set of problems, Warclaw only created more.

I can't answer those questions but to be fair, what makes anyone think that mounts has any impact on development of those other activities? We don't know, but no one should assume they do or if they do, it's resulting in a strong negative impact. Some presumption that alliance system or anything else is delayed because of mounts is just flawed to being with because we just don't know who's working on what.

Warclaw created problems? Depends on your perspective. I solves some too. This is just rehashing from the previous thread but this is a business and if there is a strong business case for mounts in WvW, ... you are going to see them happen. The trend is pretty obvious ... you see assets from PVE bleeding into WvW ... it's going to happen more, not less. To be honest, I'm surprised we don't have WvW 'masteries' yet. Seems like a really obvious implementation IMO. But then again ... what's the business case for it? It's probably pretty weak because the presence of masteries don't make money.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:Plump my ride. I mean Wartclaw.

I would seriously pay for a fat warclaw skin.

"Soft kitty, angry kitty, little ball of fury.Raging kitty, claws out kitty, roar roar roar."

Back on subject: I really need to get the Warclaw, I'm a huge procrastinator. Having said that, though, I'm really curious about the dynamics between the Warclaw and my cheeky Tempest.

I love how people want to keep trying to argue that Warclaw was "Never wanted by the WvW community." When it was. There were plenty of people asking for it. At best it was probably split 50/50, but from most of the polls done there were more people that wanted Warclaw than didn't. You need to stop saying that people didn't want the Warclaw. People obviously did. And people also need to stop assuming that they know better than Anet about what does and doesn't need to be done to a game that Anet designed and created. Not saying that you can't voice your opinions, because it's a free world, but Anet knows what they are doing with their game and what they want to accomplish with it. Just because it doesn't go in a direction one person likes doesn't mean it's not going in the right direction for Anet. Pretty bold of some people to assume that they know better than Anet what is and isn't good for Anet's game.

Yes... because the developers ALWAYS know best amiright? That's why they play the most idiotic builds in wvw. They think it is a good idea to have them because they get something out of it. Did you not notice that pesky little gem store.

@aleios.8792 said:

Yes... because the developers ALWAYS know best amiright? That's why they play the most idiotic builds in wvw. They think it is a good idea to have them because they get something out of it. Did you not notice that pesky little gem store.

No, but they do know what they want to do and how they want to do it ... moreso than any player does. If you can't see how that's the relevant factor here, you are going to have a generally, a very unhappy MMO experience.

@"Swagger.1459" said:

• Working on a dismount trap - Rough prototype is done internally. Still experimenting with costs, area size, fx, etc.
  • Considering a dismount trick. Something that can be used with less planning and by players who don't have the mount. The user experience of using consumables during conflict is not the greatest, but it still may be useful for players to have.
  • Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players. This will also dismount yourself and put both players into combat briefly. - Rough prototype is done internally. Going to need fx and we're determining how to unlock it. Currently leaning towards a new mastery. Determining if it should have a cost, outside of burning the cooldown on use."

YES!!!!! I WANT A DISMOUNT SKILL ON MY WARCLAW.

I can just imagine roaming and then dueling on who dismounts who and win the upperhand on combat.

@Obtena.7952 said:

No, but they do know what they want to do and how they want to do it ... moreso than any player does. If you can't see how that's the relevant factor here, you are going to have a generally, a very unhappy MMO experience.

Sure thing brainlet. I don't think your left realizes what the right is doing. They quite obviously take feedback on balance from the community. Their little plans are altered by that feedback. If you can't see that then get an MRI right now and stop punching above your weight claiming that you're "educating" people... yikes.

@aleios.8792 said:

Sure thing brainlet. I don't think your left realizes what the right is doing. They quite obviously take feedback on balance from the community. Their little plans are altered by that feedback. If you can't see that then get an MRI right now and stop punching above your weight claiming that you're "educating" people... yikes.

Sure, it's obvious they take it ... you don't have any clue what they do with it from there. maybe you should take yourself for a walk if you can't reply without insulting people.