Making Bigger Bags and the Soul Bound issue.

Dear Anet Team.

I want to make bigger bags for one of my characters. But I can't afford to do it all in one go. So I make 2 20's bags then make a 24 bag on my crafting character. I then put it onto the character I want to have it on. It soulbinds. I then test if I can upgrade it on my crafting character.

I can't it obviously says its soul bound to another character. I feel this is a very very silly idea. I don't want to make another character a crafter. I am happy with my one crafting character. Can you not make the soul bound item at least recognizable from the bank so I can upgrade it. I understand you don't want them to be moved around from character to character. No issue there. I understand also that when I get it to a 32 slot it's ascended and can be moved around. But why oh who can't one character be allowed to upgrade it instead of having to make another crafter?

@"Rukario.1695" said:Except now we have to slog through leveling crafting on an alt when we already have that available on another character.

I want to upgrade it but now I'm unable to. Some people don't have 300g laying around collecting dust.

And to pile on to that..... leveling crafting is cheap in comparison to crafting the bag all the way through.

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-8318232-Slot Hardened Leather Pannier - 121g

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-87225Reinforced Olmakhan Bandolier -116g

https://gw2crafts.net/leatherworking.html 0-400 - 32ghttps://gw2crafts.net/leatherworking_400.html 400-500 - 34g

So where is this "300g" value coming from?

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@Rukario.1695 said:Except now we have to slog through leveling crafting on an alt when we already have that available on another character.

I want to upgrade it but now I'm unable to. Some people don't have 300g laying around collecting dust.

(points to Bank loop hole)

Except that has been tried and found not to work. If it's soulbound to another character, it won't be available as a material. (At least it worked that way when I last read about it)

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Rukario.1695" said:Except now we have to slog through leveling crafting on an alt when we already have that available on another character.

And to pile on to that..... leveling crafting is cheap in comparison to crafting the bag all the way through.

32-Slot Hardened Leather Pannier -
121g

Reinforced Olmakhan Bandolier -
116g

0-400 -
32g
400-500 -
34g

So where is this "300g" value coming from?

The fact I have multiple of the 24-slot bags to upgrade. If I had the gold to upgrade them all to 32-slot I would have, but I only had enough gold to make a few 24-slots. That doesn't mean I don't want to upgrade them now that I have the gold.

Even a mystic forge recipe to upgrade them would work.

If it helps at all those guides are inaccurate. Each guide I followed does not list all of the required materials in their estimated required gold lists for both overall in addition to the separate sections. They list additional equipment to craft yet do not list the materials anywhere, nor tell you what to craft for the next tier at some points as a requirement. I had a net loss of much more gold than what they listed as the expected requirement simply due to that; often upwards to 35~75g.

I'm not sure if they even tried their methods out before posting them. Will never use them again.

@"starlinvf.1358" said:Thats completely intentional..... in order to "encourage" you to do entire line, and not just settle on the most cost effect version of the bag.

Actually, they most likely simply forgot to redo the mid tier bags when they claimed the soulbound status was a mistake and redid the 32slots version. And now they are afraid to admit they made another mistake on this, so they prefer to ignore the issue.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Rukario.1695 said:Except now we have to slog through leveling crafting on an alt when we already have that available on another character.

(points to Bank loop hole)

Except that has been tried and found not to work. If it's soulbound to another character, it won't be available as a material. (At least it worked that way when I last read about it)

Yeah I tried it in my bank it definately doesn't work. The instant its soulbound you can't use it unless you craft your way to 500 =(

@"starlinvf.1358" said:Thats completely intentional..... in order to "encourage" you to do entire line, and not just settle on the most cost effect version of the bag.

I want to upgrade to the highest tier of bag..... But I cant afford to do it all in one hit... Hence surely they could fix it so I can craft it from the bank.

Honestly, the whole bag thing is a joke after 20-slot bags. Crafting a 32-slot bag costs 115 gold or more. An additional bag slot costs 400 gems or 130 gold (even cheaper when you buy when there is a discount), which you can fill with a fractal 20-slot bag that costs relics. It's cost efficient to max out the number of bag slots before you even think about crafting those things. That means you already have 200 slots in your inventory! I have 180 on my main character and that's more than enough for everything I need and more. Half of it is filled with crap.

Inventory room became even less valuable when Anet added the unidentified gear. After an AB meta run, I have only a handful of slots filled, while before that change, I had to empty it out half way through the chest run. You basically pay 115 gold for 12 additional slots, which you probably don't need.

I have the gold and resources to craft them but I refuse to do so, largely because I don't see a need for it. Call me frugal or cheap, but many of my characters have 18 slot bags, and I seem to get by just fine.

If I was able to craft a 20+ slot bag just by gathering crafting mats, like in other MMOs, it would be no issue. But that I have to acquire a rune of holding which costs (imo) way too much gold, I'm fine where I'm at.

@Faaris.8013 said:Honestly, the whole bag thing is a joke after 20-slot bags. Crafting a 32-slot bag costs 115 gold or more. An additional bag slot costs 400 gems or 130 gold (even cheaper when you buy when there is a discount), which you can fill with a fractal 20-slot bag that costs relics. It's cost efficient to max out the number of bag slots before you even think about crafting those things. That means you already have 200 slots in your inventory! I have 180 on my main character and that's more than enough for everything I need and more. Half of it is filled with kitten.

Inventory room became even less valuable when Anet added the unidentified gear. After an AB meta run, I have only a handful of slots filled, while before that change, I had to empty it out half way through the chest run. You basically pay 115 gold for 12 additional slots, which you probably don't need.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I have the gold and resources to craft them but I refuse to do so, largely because I don't see a need for it. Call me frugal or cheap, but many of my characters have 18 slot bags, and I seem to get by just fine.

If I was able to craft a 20+ slot bag just by gathering crafting mats, like in other MMOs, it would be no issue. But that I have to acquire a rune of holding which costs (imo) way too much gold, I'm fine where I'm at.

Hmmm...... I have all the bag slots unlocked on 6 different characters... I have all the bank inventory slots open in my bank.... I have the material storage maxxed.... I have 2 private guild banks one full the other one filling.... I have 15 characters..... And I still don't have enough room for everything I keep. But that's just me...... So yeah if I want to up my character bags I think I'm allowed too. I shouldn't be locked out via silly soul bound nonsense that stops me from upgrading it at my own pace!

@Firebird Gomer.9563 said:Hmmm...... I have all the bag slots unlocked on 6 different characters... I have all the bank inventory slots open in my bank.... I have the material storage maxxed.... I have 2 private guild banks one full the other one filling.... I have 15 characters..... And I still don't have enough room for everything I keep. But that's just me...... So yeah if I want to up my character bags I think I'm allowed too. I shouldn't be locked out via silly soul bound nonsense that stops me from upgrading it at my own pace!

Honestly, if you are so packed, you should be able to turn stuff into 115 gold to craft an ascended bag in one go.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@Firebird Gomer.9563 said:Hmmm...... I have all the bag slots unlocked on 6 different characters... I have all the bank inventory slots open in my bank.... I have the material storage maxxed.... I have 2 private guild banks one full the other one filling.... I have 15 characters..... And I still don't have enough room for everything I keep. But that's just me...... So yeah if I want to up my character bags I think I'm allowed too. I shouldn't be locked out via silly soul bound nonsense that stops me from upgrading it at my own pace!

Honestly, if you are so packed, you should be able to turn stuff into 115 gold to craft an ascended bag in one go.

Probably..... But its mine and I don't wanna.... LOL =)

Archived