Astral AND Stellar weapons for Vision of Equipment: Astral Weapons

Request: Can both the astral and stellar skins count toward this item for the achievement.Clarification: I am not requesting that any ascended be REQUIRED merely that they also count.Reason: I dont want to waste 50 kralk ingots on an exotic weapon that i am just going to toss into the forge. If I am going to farm up ingots, I, personally, would craft an ascended so that it is at least something I can use later. Yes, I know alot of people wouldnt do this (see clarification) but I dont honestly see the harm in permitting the more expensive version of the same thing to credit the achievement.

can we please just get the way Kralkarite is acquired changed to be normal node farming? The meteorite idea was a good experiment, but it simply doesn't work for any kind of mass-acquisition such as is needed for Kralkarite ingots. The current system makes it too hard and slow to obtain significant amounts, as you frequently either miss meteorite impacts or manage to get to them too late (and can't use WPs to speed up since you only get direction, not location) and turns the Home Instance Node into the primary source for most people.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:can we please just get the way Kralkarite is acquired changed to be normal node farming? The meteorite idea was a good experiment, but it simply doesn't work for any kind of mass-acquisition such as is needed for Kralkarite ingots. The current system makes it too hard and slow to obtain significant amounts, as you frequently either miss meteorite impacts or manage to get to them too late (and can't use WPs to speed up since you only get direction, not location) and turns the Home Instance Node into the primary source for most people.

This, of course, is the more sensible way of addressing this problem. It just ain't fun sitting around on top of the Astralarium waiting for a meteor.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:can we please just get the way Kralkarite is acquired changed to be normal node farming? The meteorite idea was a good experiment, but it simply doesn't work for any kind of mass-acquisition such as is needed for Kralkarite ingots. The current system makes it too hard and slow to obtain significant amounts, as you frequently either miss meteorite impacts or manage to get to them too late (and can't use WPs to speed up since you only get direction, not location) and turns the Home Instance Node into the primary source for most people.

This, of course, is the more sensible way of addressing this problem. It just ain't fun sitting around on top of the Astralarium waiting for a meteor.

Of course actually fixing how kralkatite and rose quartz is created is the better solution. quartz farming is just silly in its current form for multiple reason. However, barring them actually spending the time to go back and rework that, simply adding to the list of items that count should be a quicker more likely addition. My post was not meant to talk about how kralk ore was actually required, just to make it a little less of an absolute waste.

The current system makes it too hard and slow to obtain significant amounts,Kralk ore is somewhat easier to farm than any of the others because the hearts allow one to buy 25 ore each.

To finish off Stellar weapons, I didn't follow any meteor strikes and did the meta... not at all.I parked two toons at the library, grabbed a book, did two loops (mirrors then posters), and done. 10 min/day tops for 50 ore.

Tekkit has a chest run that takes longer that will yield over 20 ore. And doing both metas might get you 30-60 iirc.

I'm not against ANet adding some nodes; I just found Istan to be easier to farm at my own pace than the other maps.

@That Guy.5704 said:

Of course actually fixing how kralkatite and rose quartz is created is the better solution. quartz farming is just silly in its current form for multiple reason. However, barring them actually spending the time to go back and rework that, simply adding to the list of items that count
should
be a quicker more likely addition. My post was not meant to talk about how kralk ore was actually required, just to make it a little less of an absolute waste.

Lowering the amount of kralk ingots required is ALSO quicker than simple giveaways to people who made stellar weapons over astral.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

The current system makes it too hard and slow to obtain significant amounts,Kralk ore is somewhat easier to farm than any of the others because the hearts allow one to buy 25 ore each.

To finish off Stellar weapons, I didn't follow any meteor strikes and did the meta... not at all.I parked two toons at the library, grabbed a book, did two loops (mirrors then posters), and done. 10 min/day tops for 50 ore.

Tekkit has a chest run that takes longer that will yield over 20 ore. And doing both metas might get you 30-60 iirc.

I'm not against ANet adding some nodes; I just found Istan to be
easier
to farm at my own pace than the other maps.

Even if you can buy ore, this still leaves the home instance as the only good source for rose quartz and powder.

Farming rose-quartz is kinda ok if you do it via multi-map-farm, since then you are constantly swapping and doing the meteors with only short breaks in between. Doing meteors just on one map has too much afk-time imo and also doesnt give you any significant amounts of the mats you need.

idk if anyone mentioned thi syet and im not making a thread just for it but i did notice the sandswept part requires a heavy olmhakan mantle.if someone had already claimed a different weight theres going to be tears shed. devs might want to look at dropping the weight restriction.

@Player.9621 said:idk if anyone mentioned thi syet and im not making a thread just for it but i did notice the sandswept part requires a heavy olmhakan mantle.if someone had already claimed a different weight theres going to be tears shed. devs might want to look at dropping the weight restriction.

The meta-achievment-chests of the living story normally unlock the skins for all three weights (if they aren't bugged), no matter which one you choose. So this shouldn't be a problem.

Archived