Is The Memory Essence Encapsulator A One Time Use Item?

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:It is consumed on use it just has a rubbish tooltip

So 300 ectos for 6 MEE + 300 ectos for 6 astral weapons...........................why is this trinket demand more mats than any other legendary?

Given other legendaries require 10,000 mithril and elder, is that true though?

I agree it’s a lot but legendaries are designed to take months. And this feel a lot more varied than the latest weapons were

@Randulf.7614 said:

So 300 ectos for 6 MEE + 300 ectos for 6 astral weapons...........................why is this trinket demand more mats than any other legendary?

Given other legendaries require 10,000 mithril and elder, is that true though?

I agree it’s a lot but legendaries are designed to take months. And this feel a lot more varied than the latest weapons were

Right, i was wrong, should have said "why is this trinket more expensive than Aurora"

After a lot of thinking, i have a question for all legendary collectors: is there a legendary item that require unlock a mount first( which require 6 days + 250 currencies from 6 maps) + 600 ectos + 18 ectos for 18 Lump of Mithrilliums(which mean 18 days) just for the Gift, not the Precursor, this seem a lot just for a trinket and not a weapon/armor/backpack.

@Ultramex.1506 said:After a lot of thinking, i have a question for all legendary collectors: is there a legendary item that require unlock a mount first( which require 6 days + 250 currencies from 6 maps) + 600 ectos + 18 ectos for 18 Lump of Mithrilliums(which mean 18 days) just for the Gift, not the Precursor, this seem a lot just for a trinket and not a weapon/armor/backpack.

No there isnt. Arguable yes Vision is the most stacked legendary for what you need to gain outside of raids and wvw (skyscale no longer timegated behind 6 days, charged quartz issues aside)

However, it doesnt require 100% core map completion as far as I can tell. So that would balance out a lot of things Vision has. Plus 150 gemstones less than a weapon, which is significant

Aurora is perhaps now a bit of an exception given its lower reqs

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ultramex.1506 said:After a lot of thinking, i have a question for all legendary collectors: is there a legendary item that require unlock a mount first( which require 6 days + 250 currencies from 6 maps) + 600 ectos + 18 ectos for 18 Lump of Mithrilliums(which mean 18 days) just for the Gift, not the Precursor, this seem a lot just for a trinket and not a weapon/armor/backpack.

No there isnt. Arguable yes Vision is the most stacked legendary for what you need to gain outside of raids and wvw.

However, it doesnt require 100% core map completion as far as I can tell. So that would balance out a lot of things Vision has. Plus 150 gemstones less than a weapon, which is significant

while Aurra asks for 1 Gemstone and has only 1 timegate collection.As to the question: why?Anet needs mats and gold sink, let alone the playtime on LW4 maps, that is why.Things will get more expensive, ask for more mats, ask for more time.

@phs.6089 said:

No there isnt. Arguable yes Vision is the most stacked legendary for what you need to gain outside of raids and wvw.

while Aurra asks for 1 Gemstone and has only 1 timegate collection.As to the question: why?Anet needs mats and gold sing, let alone the playtime on LW4 maps, that is why.Things will get more expensive, ask for more mats, ask for more time.

I concede it being greater than Aurora. I was only addressing the overall legendary situation the op specifically mentioned in the post above

@Randulf.7614 said:

@phs.6089 said:

while Aurra asks for 1 Gemstone and has only 1 timegate collection.As to the question: why?Anet needs mats and gold sing, let alone the playtime on LW4 maps, that is why.Things will get more expensive, ask for more mats, ask for more time.

I concede it being greater than Aurora. I was only addressing the overall legendary situation the op specifically mentioned in the post above

We can check the cost when gw2efficiency.com updates the info but even now, even comparing it with the latest legendary GS, it looks more expensive and more time consuming then anything legendary in the game.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Maybe, totally optional to get. If you've been doing dragonfall even casually you've been handed 100's of ectos. I like how you put 18 days because everyone starts with 0 and never makes the 1 per day and you can't buy the finished item from the tp. I feel like anything they ask for anything instantly complain threads appear. Is it worth it probably not but alot of players will get it.

Woops, didn't know Xunlai can be bought on TP since i never bothered with again after getting Aurora, i think i'll pass this legendary or wait for the price to drop.

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@perilisk.1874 said:600 ectos? What is that, 4 or 5 goes of the DF meta?

what?

What Perilisk means is that after half a dozen metas + champ runs of the Dragon fall map, you potentially can end up with hundreds of yellow unidentified gear, which of course translates to hundreds of ectos if your luck holds on the salvaging.

After just over a week of not doing it religiously, I already have 300 of these waiting to be salvaged

@Randulf.7614 said:

what?

What Perilisk means is that after half a dozen metas + champ runs of the Dragon fall map, you potentially can end up with hundreds of yellow unidentified gear, which of course translates to hundreds of ectos if your luck holds on the salvaging.

After just over a week of not doing it religiously, I already have 300 of these waiting to be salvaged

Yeah I get between 30 and 50 ectos across per map run (start to finish)

@Randulf.7614 said:

what?

what?

Oh great! Now i want to farm DF even though i'm trying my hardest to forget about that legendary :s

@Ultramex.1506 said:

what?

what?

Oh great! Now i want to farm DF even though i'm trying my hardest to forget about that legendary :s

Considering the fate of other farms that had such a dramatic impact on the economy, I'd suggest you don't wait too long.

Archived