A "guild wars" system

today me and guildmates were talkin about other mmo we played and we comes to mind lineage 2, so i tink we can do a little thing similar to this game, we can have a war declaration and alliance system in the game, like a guild can declare another guild war and if it is accepted they can fight on pve maps, the guildmates of a "war" guild can accept to partecipate or not like if u partecipate u can kill and be killed if not u stay safe, also it will be limited to level 80 only. the alliances can work like having a common channel and u can partecipate in war between ally and other guild besides your guild don't have declared war (but always whit the partecipation on or off), obiouvlsy u have like 3 min time to full "de-partecipate" so we avoid the pp that will instat switch war mode on/off. the rewards will be integrated both whit www and pvp modes like points for traks and favor for guilds. what did u tink about i tink this can give to gw2 new life and is not so difficult to implement.

PvP on pve maps has two problems

• a widespread objection within the community
  • It requires reworking the pve to be able to do pvp. It currently is not technically a possibility partly due to the way characters and enemies are flagged in the game

As for guild vs guild, anet have largely been opposed to any full scale implementation despite calls since day one. Instead they have opted for minor support in competitive modes which hasn’t really matched up to what many want. They lack the time and resources to manage a third competitive mode.

Ultimately it is actually very dfficult to implement based on prior dev comments

@Loosmaster.8263 said:We can't even get Alliances for WvW let alone anything for GvG. And any type of PvP in OW is going to be frowned upon whether you participate or not. Your GvG will be que'ing maps that would otherwise be used for PvE'ers...

nope there is multiple istances of a map and u still can choice if war mode will be on or off pve player will not be affected in any case

@LordMorgul.9845 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:We can't even get Alliances for WvW let alone anything for GvG. And any type of PvP in OW is going to be frowned upon whether you participate or not. Your GvG will be que'ing maps that would otherwise be used for PvE'ers...

nope there is multiple istances of a map and u still can choice if war mode will be on or off pve player will not be affected in any case

So how will this work if a guild is 300 members and map cap is 150 will they fight no enemies?Will maps close down if there is 140 vs 10?

@Linken.6345 said:

So how will this work if a guild is 300 members and map cap is 150 will they fight no enemies?Will maps close down if there is 140 vs 10?

there is also cap on wvw and in pve there are multiple istances and pp can move to other maps

I loved open world pvp in World of Warcraft. I originally typed out a forum equivalent of a 40 page, love fest, term paper on wow's war mode but as much as I loved it in WoW, I just don't see it as possible in gw2.

1. It needs a lot of people who want to do it. A GvG just wouldn't have enough interested players, on at the same time, on at the same map subsection, lucky enough to be in the same server instance, for pvp to be possible.

2. Open world pvpers needs to be 100% seperated from non-pvpers. Can you imagine attacking another pvp-flagged player who is getting healed by someone who isn't flagged for PvP? You could do absolutely nothing to stop that non-pvp flagged "enemy".

What could happen in gw2: pvp areas in maps. Either free for all, battle royal zones or you're auto assigned to a team. Anyone entering the zone would get a warning and have a grace period to leave and if you stayed: GAME ON. Stay as long as you want. Give those areas a currency, a quartermaster with cool stuff to buy and you have a reason for people to go there.

WoW had free for all zones in Legion and a few other places and they were so much fun. Shame about so many other things about that game...

@"EmmetOtter.8542" said:I loved open world pvp in World of Warcraft. I originally typed out a forum equivalent of a 40 page, love fest, term paper on wow's war mode but as much as I loved it in WoW, I just don't see it as possible in gw2.

1. It needs a lot of people who want to do it. A GvG just wouldn't have enough interested players, on at the same time, on at the same map subsection, lucky enough to be in the same server instance, for pvp to be possible.

2. Open world pvpers needs to be 100% seperated from non-pvpers. Can you imagine attacking another pvp-flagged player who is getting healed by someone who isn't flagged for PvP? You could do absolutely nothing to stop that non-pvp flagged "enemy".

What could happen in gw2: pvp areas in maps. Either free for all, battle royal zones or you're auto assigned to a team. Anyone entering the zone would get a warning and have a grace period to leave and if you stayed: GAME ON. Stay as long as you want. Give those areas a currency, a quartermaster with cool stuff to buy and you have a reason for people to go there.

WoW had free for all zones in Legion and a few other places and they were so much fun. Shame about so many other things about that game...

So basicly WvW, EB specially with the free for all battle royal at SMC between the three sides that often happens.

@LordMorgul.9845 said:

there is also cap on wvw and in pve there are multiple istances and pp can move to other maps

Yea and you can already do this in wvw going into a guild squad and fight other guilds so why should it be added to regular pve maps?

@starhunter.6015 said:So basicly WvW, EB specially with the free for all battle royal at SMC between the three sides that often happens.

not exactly. Because you are in the same zone you will get all the same zone notices. Waiting for that event to start? Go to the local arena for pvp while your wait.

Maybe even have the beetle race go through that area

It's never going to happen. In PvE, Anet doesn't want to split the population more than it has to in the first place. And having PvP players flagged on the same map as PvE players who aren't always causes problems.

I played Rift when it came out on a PvE server. I wasn't flagged for PvP. Other people in my guild, however, were, sometimes. So if I accidentally healed someone who was flagged for PvP while a creature hit him, but another player also attacked him, I'd be flagged for PvP myself, because I'd become involved in the fight, even though I had no intention of doing so. I'm not interested in open world PvP, and it's good that they're seperated. Sometimes I feel like WvW, but I want the control of going in.

Having open world PvP ALWAYS, in every game I've ever played, leads to changes that cause me to like the game less. On the other hand, there are always more PvE servers in MMOs and they end up more active (in games that offer both obviously), and people who are on PvP servers tend to complain that there's no one to fight. This is a bad move for Anet no matter how you slice it.

@Linken.6345 said:

Yea and you can already do this in wvw going into a guild squad and fight other guilds so why should it be added to regular pve maps?

u fight other servers not guilds is different