Adding Dragon Icons to the LFG page

HYs1YQW.jpg

Each Season has its own maps and Main dragonGrey for Tyria map cause of the undead DragonGreen for the Jungle DragonPurple for the Crystal dragonAnd Blue for Season 5

Would help give the LFG more structure because I all see now are names and tons of mapsHaving a focus point to help me find my map would really help me a lot ^^

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Really cant see the point to be honest.. the LFG is broken down pretty simply imo, the dragon is kind of irrelevant in the most part of the LFG, if at all, except maybe Shatterer(s).

You do know there is a season 5 coming right?With more maps right?Adding something small, a bit of color or by making more groupsWould make something you will be using a lot, much easier to use and to oversee

@Rico.6873 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Really cant see the point to be honest.. the LFG is broken down pretty simply imo, the dragon is kind of irrelevant in the most part of the LFG, if at all, except maybe Shatterer(s).

You do know there is a season 5 coming right?With more maps right?Adding something small, a bit of color or by making more groupsWould make something you will be using a lot, much easier to use and to oversee

Yes there is an S5 and the LFG will be expanded like it has for every other season or expansion.. the dragon is as I said largely irrelevant to that imo.Is clicking on which map you are wanting to go to that difficult.. the LFG is broken down pretty well really - is it the best one I have ever used - no, but is it the worst - no.

• 4 weeks later...

I get what you are saying OP -- I think the Dragon icon isn't the right direction, though.

It would be better if the background texture just had the hue of the associated "season", like the Story selection page does. Something subtle and not too distracting but clear enough to separate the batches of maps.

Outside of that though, I am more interested in a LFG page that highlights/features recent parties or maps that are "blowing up" in population than a graphical change.In LFG, I want to know

• What events are happening that I want to be a part of.
  • Is the group that I am joining on a full map? Have a lot of people been taxiing into it lately?

@"OStork.9534" said:I get what you are saying OP -- I think the Dragon icon isn't the right direction, though.

It would be better if the background texture just had the hue of the associated "season", like the Story selection page does. Something subtle and not too distracting but clear enough to separate the batches of maps.

Outside of that though, I am more interested in a LFG page that highlights/features recent parties or maps that are "blowing up" in population than a graphical change.In LFG, I want to know

• What events are happening that I want to be a part of.
  • Is the group that I am joining on a full map? Have a lot of people been taxiing into it lately?

"What events are happening that I want to be a part of."We have the Portal devices for that, they may release new ones that gives more events you like a notification but because of those gem itemsThat part of the plan wont come to fruition sadly. (Portal devices = [World Boss Portal Device]/[Maguuma Pact Operation Portal Device])

Do agree that being able to see if a map is full is something that I would like to have added right now because it is annoying to see map is full messagesMore so if there is a event going on and multiple commanders are in the LFG in the same map and those maps are all full......How do you figure out which LFG has the free space to accept new players in the group? You dont at this moment...You gotta join a commander and hope that the map instance has space....

"It would be better if the background texture just had the hue of the associated "season", like the Story selection page does. Something subtle and not too distracting "

A small colored Dragon Icon would be more thematic and awesome in my eyes but having other colors to separate the set of maps would make me happy to I guess

Or even recolour the tag icon by each map according to it's grouping, categorised in core / hot / ls3 / pof / ls4 / ls5, it is a long list and i think it would be beneficial if they were distinct from each other in some way or another. The list looks quite daunting to new players (either to gw2 or mmos as a whole, especially the latter), and i think it would be easier to quickly find a given section if our eyes could look for the colour first.