Honest Balance Preview

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@AceEtherius.9542 said:There are still people complaining about thief! LMAO.

There are still people who justify 16k one-shots! LMAO.

Well if almost every class in the game has a spec that can do that burst but with more hp, toughness, defensive abilities all while have great(not quite as good as thief) mobility than thief and a class like ele should be able to given their squishy low hp nature no?Oh wait thief's have some magical hidden method of aquiring infinite dodges and evades on top of their infinite initiative lmao.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Nothing will ever be done until Thief is removed

Players won't stop crying until thief is removed.Fixed it for ya :)

Please do!!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Thief-Class-I-just-don-t-understand

'This game has such innovative and ground breaking pvp idea’s and here’s this one TERRIBLE CLASS DESIGN destroying the enjoyment of every other class.'

'Most of all I don’t understand why the DEV’s don’t see this as a problem or why they would ever implement a class so broken. I do not think a nerf could fix this problem without basically bringing the class back to the drawing board. It would honestly be better for the game logevity over-all if this class was deleted.'

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@AceEtherius.9542 said:There are still people complaining about thief! LMAO.

Well if almost every class in the game has a spec that can do that burst

Really? Which other class (excluding soulbeast, power mesmer and holosmith) can do 16k damage in 1 sec or less? Please, enlighten us. Or was your comment sarcastic one?

The same reason they dont seem to care about mesmer, holo,slb,rev and splb a problem. Let me ask u burnt how would u design a rogue like class? One that is designed to be very squishy and slippery in nature. How would u design that classic archetype to be able to viably combat classes with far more hp and sustain?

Rampage can destroy peeps in sec while giving warrior more sustain and rev has more overall burst potential than most classes even after their slight nerf. On guard I can precast guard torch 4 with JI and gs5 respectable burst. Don't pretend the powercreep hasn't made almost every spec be able to delete peeps in sec's.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:The same reason they dont seem to care about mesmer, holo,slb,rev and splb a problem. Let me ask u burnt how would u design a rogue like class? One that is designed to be very squishy and slippery in nature. How would u design that classic archetype to be able to viably combat classes with far more hp and sustain?

I would leave that up to the Thief community who are in favor of a healthy competitive risk+reward for their profession.

Like some had suggested in this thread including Crab Fear and Orphealhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/22203/how-would-you-redesign-the-thief/p2

Here is an interesting article I would like to share with you Psycoprophet and the community ; free to share your thoughts about it

Game Design: Diving into the Rogue Classhttps://medium.com/@drusepth/game-design-diving-into-the-rogue-class-82d5aeeaa350

-Your rogue is stronger than average-

'For a rogue, this is probably the rarest of the three choices, but comes with its own set of advantages and perks. When a character comes in stronger than your average power level, you have to ask yourself: why?'

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:The same reason they dont seem to care about mesmer, holo,slb,rev and splb a problem. Let me ask u burnt how would u design a rogue like class? One that is designed to be very squishy and slippery in nature. How would u design that classic archetype to be able to viably combat classes with far more hp and sustain?

I would leave that up to the Thief community who are in favor of a healthy competitive risk+reward for their profession.

Like some had suggested in this thread including Crab Fear and Orpheal

Here is an interesting article I would like to share with you Psycoprophet and the community ; free to share your thoughts about it

Game Design: Diving into the Rogue Class

Lmao the article literally proves my point omg. So either a rogue class that is squishy usually deals massive dps and is accompanied with high evasion OR a weaker squishy rogue that deals lower dps is usually accompanied by access to high critical multipliers. The way this community is either would create tons of nerf cries regardless of the high dps and evasion being the counter balance to its squishy slipery nature just as were experiencing now and have been. They used a squishy mage dealing massive dps as example of balance too and look at ele and all the staff dps nerf cries etc and it's the most complex class to play and its dps still got nerfed cuz cry babies. Yet sic em bursts are cool with anet. The games balance is a joke.a bad joke. The article also states rogue's usually use higher evasion,underhand and stealth types mechanics to aply the massive dps or massive dps crit multipliers yet in the case of gw2 when the rogue class uses these very tactics that are in the article u provided players like u state that its toxic gameplay and unfair so donno what the point u were trying to make with article but looks like it back fired.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@"AceEtherius.9542" said:There are still people complaining about thief! LMAO.

Well if almost every class in the game has a spec that can do that burst

Really? Which other class (excluding soulbeast, power mesmer and holosmith) can do 16k damage in 1 sec or less? Please, enlighten us. Or was your comment sarcastic one?

Warrior..Tempest..Weaver..Guardian..Holosmith..Thief..Deadeye..Chrono..Mes..Mirage..Ranger..Soulbeast..

I have one shot builds on those characters.. some may have more.

Theres nothing wrong with one shot builds either, most require a specific set up and use about 3 or 4 skills before dropping the damage or "one shot" skill.

Most one shot builds also fail big time if someone accidentally farts in your direction too.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Warrior..

Citation needed. Prove what you claim.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Tempest..

@sephiroth.4217 said:Weaver..

@sephiroth.4217 said:Guardian..

@sephiroth.4217 said:Holosmith..

Well, duhh. I already said this one can do that.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Thief..

Well, duhh. I already said this one can do it. (well, at least 10k in a single hit)

@sephiroth.4217 said:Deadeye..

Well, duhh. I already said this one can do it.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Chrono..

@sephiroth.4217 said:Mes..

@sephiroth.4217 said:Mirage..

@sephiroth.4217 said:Ranger..

@sephiroth.4217 said:Soulbeast..

Killshot core war

@sephiroth.4217 said:Tempest..

Citation needed. Prove what you claim.Churning Earth memes

@sephiroth.4217 said:Weaver..

Citation needed. Prove what you claim.Churning earth memes but better and FA

@sephiroth.4217 said:Guardian..

Citation needed. Prove what you claim.DH traps and GS

@sephiroth.4217 said:Holosmith..

Well, duhh. I already said this one can do that.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Thief..

Well, duhh. I already said this one can do it. (well, at least 10k in a single hit)

@sephiroth.4217 said:Deadeye..

@sephiroth.4217 said:Chrono..

@sephiroth.4217 said:Mes..

@sephiroth.4217 said:Mirage..

@sephiroth.4217 said:Ranger..

Citation needed. Prove what you claim.Sic Em core

@sephiroth.4217 said:Soulbeast..

?

What makes most of them not important is because if they spec for that much damage, they lose all of their sustain.

D/D zerker Temp can drop the burst but if you lightning flash on to some AoE, you're dead for example.Another example is Trap DH with GS, Retaliation will kill you more than any player skill comes close too, its always top damage dealt on death.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:On guard I can precast guard torch 4 with JI and gs5 respectable burst.

???????????????????????????????????????????? WatIf he wanted to show high burst from the guardian he shoulda pick on the hammer :joy:

GS bursts harder than hammer. But not with gs5. The burst is focus 5 into JI gs2.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:On guard I can precast guard torch 4 with JI and gs5 respectable burst.

???????????????????????????????????????????? WatIf he wanted to show high burst from the guardian he shoulda pick on the hammer :joy:

GS bursts harder than hammer. But not with gs5. The burst is focus 5 into JI gs2.With a hammer its look like "one-shot" ;)

@sephiroth.4217 said:Killshot core war

The one who for half of fight have no adrenaline or takes adrenaline granting utilities and then can't even 1v1 anyone in entire game. And i never seen one hit for +16k in pvp. Well, at least this is a close one.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Churning Earth memes

You must be joking....

@sephiroth.4217 said:Churning earth memes but better and FA

You weren't joking???

@sephiroth.4217 said:DH traps and GS

:D :D alright.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Sic Em core

:D :D how in the name of the lord, could it do 16k damage in 1 sec or less? :D :D :D