Light a ring of divine fire

It's a really easy thing to miss. I think one of your allies yells it at some point during the fight, but with so much going on I doubt many people notice, and it's not really an obvious tactic until you've been told.

It makes a huge difference though, even if you're just trying to complete that step without doing the achievements.

@Danikat.8537 said:It's a really easy thing to miss. I think one of your allies yells it at some point during the fight, but with so much going on I doubt many people notice, and it's not really an obvious tactic until you've been told.

It makes a huge difference though, even if you're just trying to complete that step without doing the achievements.

IIRC Kasmeer mentions it and it is at the end of the first burn. Something about the shadows smothering the flames. Knowing that you need the divine fire to kill the shadows is less obvious but on the other hand OP's question didn't even mention the shadows. Based solely on it the content of the question it doesn't even seem like they got to that section ...

@"Khisanth.2948" said:but on the other hand OP's question didn't even mention the shadows. Based solely on it the content of the question it doesn't even seem like they got to that section ...

Based on the OP saying "Thank you" back to me for the reminder of this mechanic, it doesn't matter if the question didn't mention the shadows, it was the most obvious over-sight people miss on this story step.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:but on the other hand OP's question didn't even mention the shadows. Based solely on it the content of the question it doesn't even seem like they got to that section ...

Based on the OP saying "Thank you" back to me for the reminder of this mechanic, it doesn't matter if the question didn't mention the shadows, it was the most obvious over-sight people miss on this story step.

Gods, i remember that fight. The first time i spent an entire afternoon trying in vain to beat the Shadow of the Dragon, and then i quit the game thinking the instance was bugged or something. I did notice the little shadow things moving around, but i ignored them because they weren't attacking me. So i missed the fact that they were the ones extinguishing the fires (i thought it was because i wasn't fast enough in lighting them or something). :s