Endless Combat Race Swap Potion ?

Make Endless Combat Race Swap Potion in the gem store, where you can swap between all the races/genders staying with the same gear/outfit you've put on. The reason I'm asking is because many players often complain about their wrong choice of race and this way they'll be able to swap their race on the go. Make it a Combat Tonic also. This will help a lot in fractals, raids, jumping puzzles, races etc. where Norns, Charrs and Asuras can be swapped to humans or sylvaries. Ofc the racial skills will stay the same.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:Make Endless Combat Race Swap Potion in the gem store, where you can swap between all the races/genders staying with the same gear/outfit you've put on. The reason I'm asking is because many players often complain about their wrong choice of race and this way they'll be able to swap their race on the go. Make it a Combat Tonic also. This will help a lot in fractals, raids, jumping puzzles, races etc. where Norns, Charrs and Asuras can be swapped to humans or sylvaries. Ofc the racial skills will stay the same.

Are there any tonics in the game that respect gear or outfits, with the exception of the ones that just change your size or shape?

The big advantage of a race swap potion of actual race change is that ANet wouldn't have to worry about the impact on the personal story (and living world stories, as well). The bad news is that it would have to adjust skins for gender and race, which also sounds complicated to me.

That said: I'm sure it would be popular.

The biggest roadblocks for this would probably be things like racial armor (not sculpted to fit all species) and probably some invisible issues with the game trying to match your armor and dyes despite a model change. I suspect this is why the Skyscale Chair, back armors, and other transform tonics don't have dye channels or an ability to match you.

I'd love a race/profession swap method to be available to us at some point in the future, but I suspect there's a lot of code punching to be done first. If they do manage it, maybe one day we'll also get an armor weight swap option.

Archived