Soulbeast is amazing for WvW Roaming. Better damage than ever before [VIDEO]

ninjambo.3784

@Sol.4310 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Sol.4310 said:@ninjambo.3784 Just had look at your build, change to Greatsword it's better than sword/war horn, I was running same off set thinking it was better but it can't compare to damage Greatsword has and the escape is better as well. If its swiftness you want, you have it on your heal so no biggy.

Give, Live Fast and Beastly Warden a run if you change to Greatsword, damage is legit.

Also question, the more and more I use Oppressive Superiority more and more I think it's only useful in PvE. It's only good as an opener, starting to think Eternal Bond might be smarter option at least then it gives us more survival.

Why Beastly Warden?

Live Fast and Beastly Warden sync up well, E.g. you Rapid Fire a target at range and to finish them off use Smoke Assault, while Smoke Assault is in effect swap to your Greatsword ( use sigil of agility ) gives you QZ to land Worldly Impact which gives you QZ and Fury again then follow up with Daze>Maul combo all under QZ.

I've almost stopped using Unstoppable Union and Zephyr's Speed completely, but they can't compete with the damage while in Soulbeast. I've also found that Unstoppable Union is never available when I need it. When I spike someone you want to be in Soulbeast, what if they use invon and dodge then right after your 4 seconds of spiking finishes they use a block? what then? This has happened to many too many times in past day.

Also it's not hard to bait out there blocks, so kinda makes Unstoppable Union less useful as your target isn't blocking anymore. It's like signet of the hunt. Not like we haven't had something that gives us unblockable...

Wait but I'm confused as to why Beastly Warden is good. On what skill does it proc on?

Oh lol my bad, Taunt for 2 seconds. When you use Beast skill.

Doesn't it just proc on f3?

Yes, now i'm confused shouldn't you already know this?

Honestly, probably lol. When the espec was first released in beta, I thought Live Fast was supposed to proc on f1, f2, and f3. So when you said Beastly Warden was really good, I thought they might have changed it to work on all 3 Beastmode skills.

To be fair though, I haven't tried Beastly Warden on Soulbeast yet. I like Zephyr's Speed too much haha

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good video and im sure u are skilled , but i have seen videos of every new spec roaming and killing with easy , thats not make the spec more useful for me , dont get me wrong im enjoying soulbeast , but it has tons of flaws , and dagger still need a look.

imo the best roamer for WvW is deadeye if u got caught offguard , but 1v1 nothing beats spellbreaker , counter is a headache

@Warlyx.6732 said:good video and im sure u are skilled , but i have seen videos of every new spec roaming and killing with easy , thats not make the spec more useful for me , dont get me wrong im enjoying soulbeast , but it has tons of flaws , and dagger still need a look.

imo the best roamer for WvW is deadeye if u got caught offguard , but 1v1 nothing beats spellbreaker , counter is a headache

Spellbreaker is actually one of the ones ive had the least problems with on soulbeast. Due to unblockables and being able to kite their counter. I beat the current Rank 1 Player (Rosales) who is a spellbreaker in 1v1 with Soulbeast. Its definitely a pain if you're a melee only player though.

@ninjambo.3784 said:

@Warlyx.6732 said:good video and im sure u are skilled , but i have seen videos of every new spec roaming and killing with easy , thats not make the spec more useful for me , dont get me wrong im enjoying soulbeast , but it has tons of flaws , and dagger still need a look.

Spellbreaker is actually one of the ones ive had the least problems with on soulbeast. Due to unblockables and being able to kite their counter. I beat the current Rank 1 Player (Rosales) who is a spellbreaker in 1v1 with Soulbeast. Its definitely a pain if you're a melee only player though.

^ Agreed. Unless you're forced to fight on point and you're required to stay on it for some reason or another, Spellbreakers are actually fairly easy to beat on Soulbeast.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@ninjambo.3784 said:

^ Agreed. Unless you're forced to fight on point and you're required to stay on it for some reason or another, Spellbreakers are actually fairly easy to beat on Soulbeast.

Today fighting warrior over a point, much kiting. both low life. Team mate comes in hits him once and boom full counter followed with 1 hit I'm dead, so yep Spellbreakers are easy to beat........

@ninjambo.3784 said:

People who have been saying Soulbeast is trash need to take a second look at it. Unblockable attacks when entering beastmode is by far the best trait we have ever had for PvP/WvW in this game. And Basically permanent 17% Damage bonus. Taking Rock Gazelle with a greatsword or sword also makes this build even more mobile than Druid. I made a video demonstrating this. I didn't include 1v1s in here because you will win 99% of fights with ease if you rotate your Beastmode correcly. The only thing hard to beat sometimes is a condi mesmer. Anyways, enjoy the video!

You've been fighting a lot of shit deadeyes... they seriously did not bring their cantrips with STRONG cc?

But other than that, good job man o.o. You've made ranger as god damn annoying and deadly as smoke scales.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:You've been fighting a lot of kitten deadeyes... they seriously did not bring their cantrips with STRONG cc?

But other than that, good job man o.o. You've made ranger as god kitten annoying and deadly as smoke scales.

The guy is very good however in this video we can see only baddies:

• warriors without shield and double endure pain
  • Deadeyes without cantrips or using malice
  • No scourges no firebrands
  • No sword thieves or condi mesmers
  • Ranger don’t use lb 4 for interrupt, not once?
  • No condi revenants or revenant at all other than a hamrev (@Justine was it you?)
  • Mostly the video is against the same deadeye, warrior and soul beast. Which in my opinion for what I can see they need to improve.

I’m as a Druid I only need the iboga and an Lb to cheese all the soulbeasts I encountered easy. As understable is too early to have many good players in the new specs anyway.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:You've been fighting a lot of kitten deadeyes... they seriously did not bring their cantrips with STRONG cc?

But other than that, good job man o.o. You've made ranger as god kitten annoying and deadly as smoke scales.

• No condi revenants or revenant at all other than a hamrev (@Justine was it you?)
  • Mostly the video is against the same deadeye, warrior and soul beast. Which in my opinion for what I can see they need to improve.

I’m as a Druid I only need the iboga and an Lb to cheese all the soulbeasts I encountered easy. As understable is too early to have many good players in the new specs anyway.

This is pointless. A vid is all about to share builds, tricks, playstyles and fun while fighting the kind of players you'll mostly encounter in wvw.

@anduriell.6280 said:

I agree and disagree, Druid is still in the meta but if the Druid takes Sages he is going to get melted by a good Soulbeast, it's the ones running something like Paladin that you really need to watch out for. I think once they add Cele back, druid will be damn strong.

Soulbeast is a burst build so fighting 1v1 is rather hard for us, to get deeps we have to give up so much, makes it really hard.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Thanks for the feedback man. I mostly just went for the clips I had that looked the sexiest for a video. For volume 2 I will try to include a wider variety of classes, because a few people have commented on that. However I will say there was a condi rev in the very first fight, there were longbow 4 attacks shot at me that i dodged (its easy to predict that it will be the first arrow a ranger shoots usually), There was a firebrand in multiple clips that got blown up due to unblockable longbow, and most of the warriors in the clips were running double endure pain, i just tended to kite them and wait til the EP is over.

@anduriell.6280 said:

HoT specs are without doubts very OP and PoF was 1 step in the righ direction, kudos to the OP, we need more high risk-high reward gameplay in this game..and druid is certainly not one

It was an okay video, nice burst but you expect that considering the near full zerk build. The boon spamming will have been helping him a lot. Lots and lots of boons. Though, as mentioned quite a few bad players which obviously cant be helped but a lot of those fights didnt really need much some very nice damage though.

Be good if when you make some new videos if you should fights against Condi builds though.

Archived