Saga - Kessex Hills like permanent changes?

Matt H.6142

It's most likely going to be similar to Dry Top and Silverwastes in terms of map changing. Only a part of the Dry Top map was available originally, the portion from the entrance to the town and up on the area near it. You couldn't go through the town to the higher part of the region originally, and the town had no vines and had a lot of townspeople living there. Next chapter of the LS hit, and suddenly vines had taken over, NPCs were permanently dead, and we could suddenly go up to the next region. Expect things like that, where only the new maps change over time. It's far easier to code and will probably be better in the long run, since they could extend this to all future maps.

@coso.9173 said:i really hope we get to revisit old vanilla maps, and have them interesting again with new stories and events, while also still having them playable by lower levels.

actually thought this was mentioned at one time but i might have dreamed it. that surprised me when the mentioned going north which meant new maps and further eroding player base

@coso.9173 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:I doubt they'll revisit core maps for the simple reason that LS5 requires PoF. I don't see how they could enforce that requirement in a core map without taking away from the content available to core players.

they could leave the events for everyone, and leave the story parts for the people who have pof.

i like that thought that way people who dont have pof dont entirely feel left out and have more to do meta events for longer. that was my thing about dragonfall that those that move onto another map will leave event with less people to do the event. that way people who have pof still get there story updates. might be something arenanet considers in the future. love to see more comments on this

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Possibly. I believe they stated that the Prologue map is based in Grothmar Valley and the climate/terrain they showed there is quite different from the scene from the first Strike Mission, which I believe is also coming out in the Prologue. Makes me wonder if the boss is located in a separate area.

Well, they do make bigger maps then gw1, so I think the map will have some part with snow.