Suggestion for porcine F2 skills

arnitheking.8427

With the addition of soulbeast, porcine pets are now worthy of consideration (at least for some cheesy wvw roaming builds). Unfortunately, their f2 skills are not really usable in the flow of combat. First of all, it takes way too long for the pet to "find" a bundle, and secondly, that bundle also needs to be picked up by the ranger. This slow process, combined with the RNG elements (e.g. plasma VS. a little bit of stealth) mean that the f2 skills are not useful at all while actively fighting.

I suggest swapping the charge and the foraging skill categories such that the f2 is now a charge (maybe with slightly different effects for each porcine pet, for example, the pig charge could heal allies it passes through + the ranger himself, the siamoth charge could daze at the end, the warthog could inflict 2 stacks of torment on all opponents etc. you get my point) and the foraging occurs passively (or is replaced entirely)

EDIT: Scrap that, if we lost the charge on regular abilities we wouldn't be able to use it in soulebast mode.. But I stand by my point that foraging skills need to be replaced

Yeah the current knock-down from porcine's is amazing. More so in beastmode. I'd keep that if possible.

Maybe the Forage..s could be simplified.Choose 1 of the random options for each pig. I'd go with...Skull Fear from boarHealing Seed from pigBlinding Tuft from siamothExploding Venom Sack from warthog

Then just make the forage be named "Forage Skull" or similar and have the effect trigger at the pet's location immediately after animation.

@StickerHappy.8052 said:very easy fix. MAKE IT FUNCTION LIKE STEAL.

Or get the item bundle directly in the hands of the ranger. This way the current 'balance' of the item replacing weapon skills is maintained, and we have the option to weapon swap to drop the item on the ground for a different party member to pick up (Plasma + SoI Mesmer).

I prefer the "Make it function like Steal" option, albeit, it would be their old version. Just flip the F2 icon to the item for use instead of it placed in my hand. Dropping an item for other party members is fine, but in the heat of battle, there's no guarantee they would get it, and bundles can also be picked up and used by the enemy.

Not to mention, if I want to use an item in the midst of battle, the player would have to cast Forage, wait 1s for the animation to finish, get the item in our hands, then use it. I'd give up the opportunity to share items with allies to precast for Forage items while in combat to use at my convenience any day.

Archived