ascended staff

weaponwh.9810

You can chose staff on your next ascended weapon box and convert to the stats you need at the mystic forge. I keep a staff of armor and weapon boxes on an alt for whenever I need a piece. Bo collection is worth it though, both the basic and finished versions I think are the best looking ones.

@kash.9213 said:You can chose staff on your next ascended weapon box and convert to the stats you need at the mystic forge. I keep a staff of armor and weapon boxes on an alt for whenever I need a piece. Bo collection is worth it though, both the basic and finished versions I think are the best looking ones.

i dont have any ascended staff at all, so i can't change stats. just curious how long it take to get Bo

@weaponwh.9810 said:

@kash.9213 said:You can chose staff on your next ascended weapon box and convert to the stats you need at the mystic forge. I keep a staff of armor and weapon boxes on an alt for whenever I need a piece. Bo collection is worth it though, both the basic and finished versions I think are the best looking ones.

i dont have any ascended staff at all, so i can't change stats. just curious how long it take to get Bo

Complete a collection and you get it, nobody knows how long it will take you specifically....on the other hand seeing how you ask a question like that instead of actually starting the collection, I'm guessing it will take you around 5 years. :p

• Confused 1

@weaponwh.9810 said:

Start the collection at least even if it seem insurmountable, you can always knock out a chunk here and there. If you don't want to craft, search through all of the collections and achievements to see if any are within reach that offer up a weapon chest, or wait for a drop.

@weaponwh.9810 said:

I've crafted ascended armors but never weapons. I don't have Bo either.

The grind for Bo is real. You are required to grind for your Masteries in order to complete some task if you have not done so already. This will take a long time and it will require that you join every event you can find in the Maguuma if you want it done right away.

You also would want to keep all currency you can find when running the events until you have at least 400 each. You will need these to complete the machined staff achievement.

If you have some exp boost, use them and have them active at all times.

IMO, Bo is not worth it since it's far more convenient to just craft one yourself -- less restrictive too. I'd rather run Dragonfall events than Maguuma's, then use all resources to boost my Artificer to 500 (don't forget to use exp boost). Then just run Dragonfall again to get more resources. This way, I don't have to grind for Masteries that I will not need outside the Maguuma.

Bo is nice and all, but the Daredevil's Staff looks good too. If you just want an Ascended weapon, Bo is not worth it, unless of course you want to unlock the skin, then grind away.

You can also take your chances on an Ascended weapon drop in Fractals. Not sure what tier it starts to drop, but I would guess it would have to be really high.

TL;DR: Choose you grind - Maguuma Grind for Bo, Artificer Grind for crafting, or Fractal Grind for random drop.