Build templates one off payment Anet

Ocean.1469

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

Anet promised that templates are there so you can have perfect build for any activity. This is just false since there is no way there are enough slots for even one gamemode.That's a bit hyperbolic. To say it is false? Certainly, the raiding community has issues with the official templates, but to say that there are not enough slots for one game mode?

My mesmer had 31 diferent gear templates. And weapon variations/1 toughness infusion was swaped by hand.

ok so whats the problem? For those that play without third party software you would have to change all that by hand and more. Now you can load gear you want and swap out the rest, saving you as many clicks.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Anet promised that templates are there so you can have perfect build for any activity. This is just false since there is no way there are enough slots for even one gamemode.That's a bit hyperbolic. To say it is false? Certainly, the raiding community has issues with the official templates, but to say that there are not enough slots for one game mode?

My mesmer had 31 diferent gear templates. And weapon variations/1 toughness infusion was swaped by hand.

ok so whats the problem? For those that play without third party software you would have to change all that by hand and more. Now you can load gear you want and swap out the rest, saving you as many clicks.

Because I USED THAT 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE and basicaly every raider I ever encountered did. That doesnt matter. Anets templates dont work for me so I will not use them (and so I will not pay them). If they just took arc templates and improve the looks I would buy them and my guildmates too. Anet missed why templates are required and what are the main selling points and target audiance. I am not even supriced

@Seteruss.4058 said:

Sorry but not. They are not enough. Ask chronos about that or guardians. They can't adjust toughness the way they used to..

That wasn't my point. The part I quoted seemed to indicate that Anet was lying because templates weren't enough for just one game mode. I'm certain that the templates are plenty enough for open world and probably fractals, too.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Why would you think they would want to sell something to you once, when they could keep selling it over and over again, earning far much money in the process?. Just get used to it, because that's how the game will be looking from now on.

(notice, that the same principle works for expacs as well - why whould they ever think of making one, if they could sell a single feature, requiring much less work from them, for way more than a whole expac would cost.)

Because with this model I will not buy any template. I would if they were unlimited and one time purchase.

They can't do what you want because this way they'll put something in the gem store that have to be around 20k - 50k gems and no one is going to buy it. If I need to compare what you are suggesting with something already in the game I would give the example with legendaries. Imagine getting all the legendaries at the same time but you need to pay for all of them before that. What they are doing is something close to the legendary crafting systems but with gems, buying little by little until you fully unlock everything on a character and then move to the other one, or build few of them in the same time.

Your point of view is wrong in my opinion. Let me give you real life example of my guild. Around 30 players raid there. Most of them would buy unlimited gear and build templates for 30€. Like 1/3 of them are veterans that smend hundereds of € on this game.I have talked with most of those 30 players and1) noone will buy templates with real money2) most of them will not buy templates at all because they are just not enough for them3) most of them said that they will not buy any more gems because they dont want to support this company anymore

They are losing way more by overpricing this system

Sounds like hurt feelings and disappointment to me. It will pass in time and slowly little by little those players you are talking about WILL buy what they need to enjoy the game like before. Many people were against the Saga... now no one is talking against it and they are just playing it, waiting for the new episode. Many people were against Strike Missions, now no one is talking against them and even Teapot is exited about them. Everything passes, wounds are closing, people learn to just deal with it and adapt to the new or just leave and get replaced with people who can adapt. You can't put final price to the templates because what you are buying right now is bits of information which is being put in to the database of servers of the game. By buying equipment or build storage you are buying spot from this server. Do I need to remind you that the limit of the characters you may have on a single account is around 70? Think about 70 players x 6 equipment slots x 19 items in each with 24 infusions, 6 runes and 4 sigils. In simple math it's 70 x (6 x (19 + 24 + 6 + 4)) = 22 260‬ total items information stored per account... and you want to get that for 30€. And yes... I know most of us won't have 70 characters fully equipped with items and infusions and runes and sigils and that'why don't see the reason of the complaining... just buy what you need and deal with it. If I have to think of similar example of what you are suggesting I can think of unlimited characters pack. For just 30€ you can have all the 70 characters you want but don't see people complaining about the buying a character from the gem store option.

Those players used to buy gems every month and for past months they stoped. The reason is purely logical. They enjoyed the game and knew that they will keep playing. Since path of fire we are not sure if we quit next relese because we know that every relese anet made since that was not enjoyable. We would buy QoL improvement if it was worth it. In fact we were excited about templates and wanted to buy them. Again anet managed to take something we actualy wanted to buy and completely destroy it.We wanted unlimited templates and we got limited loadoutsThere would be no storage needed if everything was stored localyon computer. Who plays each day on diferent computer?Anet promised that templates are there so you can have perfect build for any activity. This is just false since there is no way there are enough slots for even one gamemode.I am a student and I could write better addon for this then anet did. If not better then at least faster.Yes, I will buy those templates but not for real life money. I will just gather gold and buy those 1 at a time. If you needed to buy whole system at once then i would consider buying it for money since it would take way too long to farm.

Equipment storage is great and ceetainly worth the price. At least for someone. But I feel like templates and storage should be separated since storage is the reason why temp..., sorry loadouts, are so limited.

The reason your guild mates left and stopped buying from the gem store is because they got bored from the game or burnedout from it. There is no other reason. If you and they enjoy the game that much you won't mind buying 29100 gems to unlock all things on 9 characters + the 24 account build storages. It will cost you €363.75 or 10739 gold to do so.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Sorry but not. They are not enough. Ask chronos about that or guardians. They can't adjust toughness the way they used to..

That wasn't my point. The part I quoted seemed to indicate that Anet was lying because templates weren't enough for just one game mode. I'm certain that the templates are plenty enough for open world and probably fractals, too.

Maybe for some but they are definitely not enough for raids, fractals and wvw not to mention all together. They used raids in that hype video about templates so that was a lie.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Why would you think they would want to sell something to you once, when they could keep selling it over and over again, earning far much money in the process?. Just get used to it, because that's how the game will be looking from now on.

(notice, that the same principle works for expacs as well - why whould they ever think of making one, if they could sell a single feature, requiring much less work from them, for way more than a whole expac would cost.)

Because with this model I will not buy any template. I would if they were unlimited and one time purchase.

They can't do what you want because this way they'll put something in the gem store that have to be around 20k - 50k gems and no one is going to buy it. If I need to compare what you are suggesting with something already in the game I would give the example with legendaries. Imagine getting all the legendaries at the same time but you need to pay for all of them before that. What they are doing is something close to the legendary crafting systems but with gems, buying little by little until you fully unlock everything on a character and then move to the other one, or build few of them in the same time.

Your point of view is wrong in my opinion. Let me give you real life example of my guild. Around 30 players raid there. Most of them would buy unlimited gear and build templates for 30€. Like 1/3 of them are veterans that smend hundereds of € on this game.I have talked with most of those 30 players and1) noone will buy templates with real money2) most of them will not buy templates at all because they are just not enough for them3) most of them said that they will not buy any more gems because they dont want to support this company anymore

Sounds like hurt feelings and disappointment to me. It will pass in time and slowly little by little those players you are talking about WILL buy what they need to enjoy the game like before. Many people were against the Saga... now no one is talking against it and they are just playing it, waiting for the new episode. Many people were against Strike Missions, now no one is talking against them and even Teapot is exited about them. Everything passes, wounds are closing, people learn to just deal with it and adapt to the new or just leave and get replaced with people who can adapt. You can't put final price to the templates because what you are buying right now is bits of information which is being put in to the database of servers of the game. By buying equipment or build storage you are buying spot from this server. Do I need to remind you that the limit of the characters you may have on a single account is around 70? Think about 70 players x 6 equipment slots x 19 items in each with 24 infusions, 6 runes and 4 sigils. In simple math it's 70 x (6 x (19 + 24 + 6 + 4)) = 22 260‬ total items information stored per account... and you want to get that for 30€. And yes... I know most of us won't have 70 characters fully equipped with items and infusions and runes and sigils and that'why don't see the reason of the complaining... just buy what you need and deal with it. If I have to think of similar example of what you are suggesting I can think of unlimited characters pack. For just 30€ you can have all the 70 characters you want but don't see people complaining about the buying a character from the gem store option.

Those players used to buy gems every month and for past months they stoped. The reason is purely logical. They enjoyed the game and knew that they will keep playing. Since path of fire we are not sure if we quit next relese because we know that every relese anet made since that was not enjoyable. We would buy QoL improvement if it was worth it. In fact we were excited about templates and wanted to buy them. Again anet managed to take something we actualy wanted to buy and completely destroy it.We wanted unlimited templates and we got limited loadoutsThere would be no storage needed if everything was stored localyon computer. Who plays each day on diferent computer?Anet promised that templates are there so you can have perfect build for any activity. This is just false since there is no way there are enough slots for even one gamemode.I am a student and I could write better addon for this then anet did. If not better then at least faster.Yes, I will buy those templates but not for real life money. I will just gather gold and buy those 1 at a time. If you needed to buy whole system at once then i would consider buying it for money since it would take way too long to farm.

Equipment storage is great and ceetainly worth the price. At least for someone. But I feel like templates and storage should be separated since storage is the reason why temp..., sorry loadouts, are so limited.

The reason your guild mates left and stopped buying from the gem store is because they got bored from the game or burnedout from it. There is no other reason. If you and they enjoy the game that much you won't mind buying 29100 gems to unlock all things on 9 characters + the 24 account build storages. It will cost you €363.75 or 10739 gold to do so.

We are not burned out. We love playing the game. Sadly new releses are worse in our opinion then they used to be because they are either locked behind enormous paywall or timegate.

And for your info €363 is almost a month wage for lesser paid jobs here. Dont know how a student would be able to afford that.

We are raiders, we used to do fractals but new fractals are dissapointing since they are easier and dont reward skilled players. Last raid was also quite easy. Build templates are ok but only for very casual players.

We see a trend that each relese is worse then the last one. Updates take longer and there is no roadmap. We dont want to invest ingame if we dont know if we will play next month. We are still playing, just not paying.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

We are not burned out. We love playing the game. Sadly new releses are worse in our opinion then they used to be because they are either locked behind enormous paywall or timegate.

And for your info €363 is almost a month wage for lesser paid jobs here. Dont know how a student would be able to afford that.

We are raiders, we used to do fractals but new fractals are dissapointing since they are easier and dont reward skilled players. Last raid was also quite easy. Build templates are ok but only for very casual players.

We see a trend that each relese is worse then the last one. Updates take longer and there is no roadmap. We dont want to invest ingame if we dont know if we will play next month. We are still playing, just not paying.

I'm now burnt out from the direction this game is headed. The gem store and costings of things has always been a bit borderline for me but this just pushes things too far. It now encroaches into my feeling of being burnt out from the game and pushes that feeling even more. Others have said the same, it makes you want to quit.

PoF has bought massive powercreep and destroyed the competitiveness and difficulty of the game, it's left things in a really sad state. All of the good players and veterans are either leaving or burnt out half the time and probably quite toxic and unhelpful the rest of the time.

I didn't think anet could afford to do something like this personally, and I don't support it because of the way it makes me feel. This game is really dying soon it will be left with new players who don't know anything and don't want to get better and will probably end up quitting because of the toxicity from the veterans...