Holiday Glyphs

Why can't I buy a candy corn glyph for like 40 cobs.....I'd love a snowflake glyph too. There are the temporary snowflake harvesting tools but no corresponding glyph. I'd be awesome if we could buy holiday event related glyphs for harvesting tools with currency from that holiday. I need this to be a thing.

Somewhat related, can Anet please separate out permanent harvesting tools, skins and glyphs so I can just buy the part I want. I so don't need more permanent tools, but I'd love to buy just skins and/or glyphs. 400 gems for a skin, 600 gems for a glyph and then the perma tools you can just buy in the set of 3 basic skins. I might actually buy more skins or glyphs.

Good ideas. :) I'm not sure I'd use snowflake glyphs because I spent years getting rid of all the snowflake gathering tools from when they were in wintersday gifts (at one point I had over 500 boxes of those) but I'd definitely use ones for other festival materials.

And yes I'd love to be able to buy gathering tool skins seperately from the tools. I've got a set of infinite tools I share between my characters, I don't need more, but there's some skins I really like and would buy if they were cheaper. I just don't like them enough to spend 1000 gems on them and be stuck with the choice between deleting the tool itself, finding a use for it (which then means another glyph or moving those around) or keeping it buried in my bank. (I actually considered buying the flute tools anyway when they're discounted, but that almost never happens and I missed them last year when they were 35% off for 2 whole days.)

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm not sure I'd use snowflake glyphs because I spent years getting rid of all the snowflake gathering tools from when they were in wintersday gifts (at one point I had over 500 boxes of those) but I'd definitely use ones for other festival materials.Sounds familiar. I only got rid of the last of those tools on the main account about a year ago, and I still have about two stacks of toolboxes and some 50+ individual snowflake axes (really bad luck with opening those boxes ;) ) on this account.

Personally I'd love the idea of candy corn and snowflake glyphs and was hoping for the later last year for wintersday, but I'm not sure how healthy they'd be for the economy where those materials are concerned. I could see them unbalancing the value of both candy corn and snowflakes pretty quickly. As for harvesting tool skins, I'm all for that. There are several I'd love to have, but I don't need more permanent tools (since I bought shared inventory slots for my tools instead), and especially the tools without glyphs are more expensive than I'm willing to pay for just another skin.

Yeah I still have a bunch of the snowflake mining picks which I've been using to mine candy corn in the lab and elsewhere. I wish I had more of the axes/harvesting sicicles instead. Even still I'd love glyphs for festival currencies that can be bought with festival currencies. I don't need baubles personally but someone might want a bauble glyph too.

@Danikat.8537 said:(I actually considered buying the flute tools anyway when they're discounted, but that almost never happens and I missed them last year when they were 35% off for 2 whole days.)

Count yourself lucky. I got the flutes when they first came out and they were fun for a short minute and then I got sick of both the sound and of the rooting in place while gathering. Not only a root, but a very slow gather. They feel like you're stuck in tar every time you go for a plant.

I don't personally need festival glyph items but I can see them being a lot of fun for many. Especially if they include a minor, relevant effect such as the gentle white frost cloud from the snowflake tools.