Why would you do this!? (LWS3/4 Daily reduction)

Kanok.3027

@LucianDK.8615 said:Great change, seriously reduces the clutter of dailies to do.

This is such a ridiculous thing to focus on. Who cares about the UI having a list of dailies to do? This is a terrible change, one that will have me visiting those maps much less than I did before. Don't punish people for wanting to do specific content or for starting content later. Removing rewards like this unnecessarily is never a good thing. As someone that tags and spends a lot of time in those maps, I don't have the desire to go there now. This is a bad move.

Wow, now I know why people are feeling that there's content in the game if they were really doing every map daily possible.For people that need currency so badly:Get a home instance node, farm the instance which is like 2 minutes and a little bit more with Glyph of Reaping and just do a farm route on the appropriate map + do events/meta events. I did so on my 2nd account for the Skyscale and the single dailies were only an additional sweet candy. It was also mentioned in this thread before that we have more possibilities to exchange map currency now so I don't see a problem here. Plus: most of the people already got Aurora, Vision and their Skyscale so currencies are a special, nothing more.Can't understand the outrage here. I'd rather have more real content and dailies reduced to a minimum.

People keep focusing on the currency. I did all of the easy dailies for a nice 12-15k karma every day. Took 10 minutes max, and the currency was a bonus. This has been taken away for an experiment, when they could have instead just had a 'bonus' map for you people that wanted a concentrated daily map. :/

@Vinceman.4572 said:Wow, now I know why people are feeling that there's content in the game if they were really doing every map daily possible.For people that need currency so badly:Get a home instance node, farm the instance which is like 2 minutes and a little bit more with Glyph of Reaping and just do a farm route on the appropriate map + do events/meta events. I did so on my 2nd account for the Skyscale and the single dailies were only an additional sweet candy. It was also mentioned in this thread before that we have more possibilities to exchange map currency now so I don't see a problem here. Plus: most of the people already got Aurora, Vision and their Skyscale so currencies are a special, nothing more.Can't understand the outrage here. I'd rather have more real content and dailies reduced to a minimum.

Your perspective that doing dailies isn't content is the same realm of players thinking LW in general isn't content at all. People enjoyed it and it got them going back to all the maps regularly, sometimes every day. People enjoyed that incentive and consider it a valid farm, while you're here happy that people lost that content they enjoyed.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Your perspective that doing dailies isn't content is the same realm of players thinking LW in general isn't content at all. People enjoyed it and it got them going back to all the maps regularly, sometimes every day. People enjoyed that incentive and consider it a valid farm, while you're here happy that people lost that content they enjoyed.

If you really think that doing map dailies is content I don't know what to say. In no way it is comparable to a living story episode. Map dailies are more like a "get through it and done" but not something that is entertaining or fun to do. Even if you say so it won't become true. I just have to remember some of those heart where the progress bar fills so slowly that it hurts. No thanks.But hey, that's probably the big differences between the two sub-communities in this game. While some think this is what they deserve and what they get others feel different and have seen different things in the past. It's not my cup of tea if Anet can please you with such "content". Good for you, I let them do it their way but just don't expect any investments from my side and more so don't complain next year when things go south heavily since I cannot imagine that this strategy is paying off for a company with revenue of 15 millions per quarter.

@Treacy.4067 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Great change, seriously reduces the clutter of dailies to do.

This is such a ridiculous thing to focus on. Who cares about the UI having a list of dailies to do? This is a terrible change, one that will have me visiting those maps much less than I did before. Don't punish people for wanting to do specific content or for starting content later. Removing rewards like this unnecessarily is never a good thing. As someone that tags and spends a lot of time in those maps, I don't have the desire to go there now. This is a bad move.

I disagree, to me the ever-growing list of dailies was getting so long it was a bit ridiculous and it was only getting worse with each new map released. This change may actually give me incentive to jump into an old map once in awhile, without going 'where do I even start on this unwieldy list', and it will help to focus dwindling populations as the old maps grow less popular.

It's a tradeoff for sure, and I sympathise, but ultimately one that I think was necessary imo.