wintersday donation drive to the kids

Jia Shen.4217

So years past I would always do this but it looks like they changed this activity. I remember previously just going round and round for ever gaining karma like crazy without effort. Is this activity still worth doing and if so how does one go about doing it now. I always remember no effort at all in having what is needed to donate as often as needed to run out at least one booster per day worth of time.

@Jia Shen.4217 said:So years past I would always do this but it looks like they changed this activity. I remember previously just going round and round for ever gaining karma like crazy without effort. Is this activity still worth doing and if so how does one go about doing it now. I always remember no effort at all in having what is needed to donate as often as needed to run out at least one booster per day worth of time.

How did they change it? It seems identical to how it has always been. You stack your karma buffs and go find them. I only ever do enough for the daily (15), but it's as worth it as it ever was to me

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:Since I only spend my karma on Wintersday than gaining it via orphan method. What is the karma income when running to 15 orphans (with/without karma buffs)?

2k an orphan unbuffed iirc

Thank you, sir!

My apologies. The base is 1500. But, the 2k is probably due to permanent karma stat buffs from things like achievement chests

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:Since I only spend my karma on Wintersday than gaining it via orphan method. What is the karma income when running to 15 orphans (with/without karma buffs)?

Thank you, sir!

My apologies. The base is 1500. But, the 2k is probably due to permanent karma stat buffs from things like achievement chests

It's all good. I was only asking myself if it was worth for me to do it or not. Apparently it's a thing for people that have karma issues over the year and want to accumulate a bit more than just via playing. When people were so excited about getting karma via Wintersday I though they were talking about 100.000+ in a short time frame.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

Thank you, sir!

It's all good. I was only asking myself if it was worth for me to do it or not. Apparently it's a thing for people that have karma issues over the year and want to accumulate a bit more than just via playing. When people were so excited about getting karma via Wintersday I though they were talking about 100.000+ in a short time frame.

100,000 karma a day is about right with 1hr boosters for me - orphans, choir, JP

@Randulf.7614 said:

Thank you, sir!

100,000 karma a day is about right with 1hr boosters for me - orphans, choir, JP

Since I don't like the orphans run and choir neither + doing the JP a few times here and there it's still not very lucrative in terms of fun - ofc personally. But for people that like it it seems like a good investment of time.

@Randulf.7614 said:How did they change it? It seems identical to how it has always been. You stack your karma buffs and go find them. I only ever do enough for the daily (15), but it's as worth it as it ever was to me

I don't recall having to spend karma to make gifts to give to them. And also I remember having an over abundance of the items they took as gifts so that I didn't even need to figure out if I'm going to waste a booster or not. Also I don't remember there being a limit on how many gifts you could give. Unless they are spread out so much that it takes a whole booster in duration to get to all of them. I seem to recall this being a source of like over 1 million karma if not as much as 2 million karma last time I was around for wintersday in the early years of the game.

@Jia Shen.4217 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:How did they change it? It seems identical to how it has always been. You stack your karma buffs and go find them. I only ever do enough for the daily (15), but it's as worth it as it ever was to me

I don't recall having to spend karma to make gifts to give to them. And also I remember having an over abundance of the items they took as gifts so that I didn't even need to figure out if I'm going to waste a booster or not. Also I don't remember there being a limit on how many gifts you could give. Unless they are spread out so much that it takes a whole booster in duration to get to all of them. I seem to recall this being a source of like over 1 million karma if not as much as 2 million karma last time I was around for wintersday in the early years of the game.

You did have to spend karma to make them - 7.5k I believe for the wrapping and that has never changed. The amount of karma gained has remained the same, but it was only ever 1 orphan a day - so 30 a day. That with boosters is what - nearly 100k karma a day?

Basically, nothing as far as I can see has changed. It all looks the same as previous years. I can't remember enough of the early years to otherwise compare - you'd need someone younger and with a better memory than I, but I don't recall any significant changes either except to the acquistion of karma boosters

The orphans give the same as they always have. It's reasonably possible to get over 3K karma per orphan, which for a daily run of 15, that ain't chump change. Then take those karma boosts into the JP, race, and other activities, and those daily participation bonuses stack up quick.

You can get +90% using amulet, guild boost, guild banner, spirit banner, 10% food and utility (Wintersday foods), Candy Canes and Snow Globe from the previous day--don't use it immediately upon completion and waste it!

Completing the race before the donation will bring in an extra 10% for +100% total.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crowd-Favorite_Racer

With this its >3k per Orphan, so you regain your loss quickly. With a karma booster and my 20% account bonus, I get 120k for all of them..

Thanks for the further info. I wonder if it maybe was some strange thing for the first year or two or I just an miss remembering being able to give them more than one gift. The karma gain projection appears to be inline with what I remember getting in years past based on the info provided in replies. As far as the costing karma i wonder if i just never paid attention to what i was spending to get the wrap.