[Downstate Sub-Poll] Should Defeated Be Revivable?

TheGrimm.5624

Making some sub polls to understand peoples thoughts on changes to downstate. We had clear views on people wanting it to stay the same and people looking to have it removed but there was also a large group on having it adjusted. Trying to see where the adjustments would be, hence some sub polls of individual components. Your opinion is appreciated. Its understood that the forums are a small sampling of the players but curiosity killed the cat and if its of interest Anet could send out larger feedback polls for non-forum goers.

Should defeated players be revivable?

@desu.2514 said:It’s fine as it is in the current form, the ability to revive defeated players benefits a blob too much

The Blob's ability to just replenish itself after a battle is, at least to me, an issue. There should be a higher price if you are defeated. Plus I think you would see even more smaller groups assaulting larger ones if they knew the ones they defeated would stay out of the fight till they got back from spawn.

Downed is downed when u have skills. Defeated is dead and can’t be rezzed in combat already, only after combat ends so it would be the same as it is now only making team play a lot more annoying eg you and few Guildies go on a roam few die in a fight but Now your split and ppl get bored of re running as it’s a punishment for winning as a team?

It would make gvg very tedious, group roaming tedious and make the game into a constant cardio simulator.

I understand what u mean with Resurrecting completely down players but it’s a very small chance of that actually happening due to the mechanics already implemented, simply putting rezzing player who was out of combat into combat drastically slows the process while they are a sitting duck. And being forced to re run all the way from spawn every single time you die but win as a team or die to an accident (we’ve all forgot to dismount before jumping at least once xD) will become very old very quick and be far too disruptive the game mode outside of solo roamers who wvw isn’t really designed for.

The forcing players to return increases the value in getting them back up from downed. It would also have more of an impact when a smaller zerg is trying to slow down a bigger one. Right now commanders will tend to avoid attacking a side they know they can't slow down. If there was a price for a Pyrrhic victory more might go for it. I know more havocs that would. I think it would also address more balance between attackers and defenders.

They need to sell a permanent revive orb in the gemstore that can be used in wvw. Also so it's fair put the normal revive orbs in a reward track, also updated for wvw use.

Also add a rune set that when you first would die you are healed back to full hp.

These couple items would make the game mode more playable.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@desu.2514 said:It’s fine as it is in the current form, the ability to revive defeated players benefits a blob too much

The Blob's ability to just replenish itself after a battle is, at least to me, an issue. There should be a higher price if you are defeated. Plus I think you would see even more smaller groups assaulting larger ones if they knew the ones they defeated would stay out of the fight till they got back from spawn.... 90% of the time its faster to respawn and run back to the zerg, so basicly you shouldnt be allowed to respawn.

Which I'm ok with. People want to delete downstate? Fine. As a bonus WvW has permadeath. Everybody happy.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

The Blob's ability to just replenish itself after a battle is, at least to me, an issue. There should be a higher price if you are defeated. Plus I think you would see even more smaller groups assaulting larger ones if they knew the ones they defeated would stay out of the fight till they got back from spawn.... 90% of the time its faster to respawn and run back to the zerg, so basicly you shouldnt be allowed to respawn.

Which I'm ok with. People want to delete downstate? Fine. As a bonus WvW has permadeath. Everybody happy.

I am not taking it from an extremist example. Here is the scenario: larger force has invaded a borderland from the south. They have pushed all the way to Garri. Defenders are responding but are outnumbered since as normal with WvW an attacker has an advantage to decide where to attack. Defenders, as normal, are reacting in stages. So why do we give an advantage to the attacker that will chew up the smaller groups and just bring back their defeated until the defenders can finally amass enough to push them out, if they can. The defenders are already in the position they have to come back but the larger side is not. Add to that some defenders will not even engage since they know they can not slow down a larger force and we are left with a k-train. If the defenders at least know they will slow down the larger force and force some of the attackers to respawn even more might give it a go. So basically asking, when defeated, why doesn't the attacker have to pay the same price as the defender?

Build an ac? Keep them in combat. Defending should already have siege etc built and prepped. They can Rez if u put them in combat from ac fire. If your getting k trained that’s just unfortunate due to matchup issues and or prime time miss Match. Being able to be rezzed is part of the game and 99% of the time a good thing.

@desu.2514 said:Build an ac? Keep them in combat. Defending should already have siege etc built and prepped. They can Rez if u put them in combat from ac fire. If your getting k trained that’s just unfortunate due to matchup issues and or prime time miss Match. Being able to be rezzed is part of the game and 99% of the time a good thing.

We say we want more people to come out and fight, and not be on seige, but not equalling the playing field in terms of who has to return to the fight just favors non-fights. Don't get me wrong I think there are players that will always defending and some that will never. But a majority are more of the mindset of, will it do any good to do so if there is no chance.

And don't get me wrong, rezzing the downed remains an option, and if anything I think it would increase its value. There would be more consideration of if I don't get them up they are gone. I think that would add even more strategy in that decision of get them up or keep fighting.