Barrier should be removed?

monk seal.8079

With the upcoming balance update reducing damage output to "establish a new paradigm", I believe the Barrier combat mechanic introduced in Path of Fire should be reviewed and removed from the PvP and WvW game modes. All professions can Dodge but not all professions can create a Barrier from their skills or traits.

@"monk seal.8079" said:With the upcoming balance update reducing damage output to "establish a new paradigm", I believe the Barrier combat mechanic introduced in Path of Fire should be reviewed and removed from the PvP and WvW game modes. All professions can Dodge but not all professions can create a Barrier from their skills or traits.

The class that generates some of the most barrier of the game has the least ways to evade damage. How do you tackle this with your idea to remove barrier ?

Some classes have dodges, some have a lot of blocks, some have healing, and some have barrier. I don't see why barrier has to be treated in a different manner and removed.

Eh, I'm not too concerned with barrier because it's actually a bit less of a benefit than it was before.

Consider that barrier is most effective against heavy burst since it's a damage reduction that only lasts for a short period. With 1-shot damage being less prevalent, barrier's benefit also goes down a bit.

But who knows. Maybe it will leave certain classes/builds too tanky. There's so many changes, it's hard to really predict all the impacts.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

The class that generates some of the most barrier of the game has the least ways to evade damage. How do you tackle this with your idea to remove barrier ?

Some classes have dodges, some have a lot of blocks, some have healing, and some have barrier. I don't see why barrier has to be treated in a different manner and removed.

This guy is either a troll or clueless.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"monk seal.8079" said:With the upcoming balance update reducing damage output to "establish a new paradigm", I believe the Barrier combat mechanic introduced in Path of Fire should be reviewed and removed from the PvP and WvW game modes. All professions can Dodge but not all professions can create a Barrier from their skills or traits.

Take away all barrier from everyone except scourge.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

But who knows. Maybe it will leave certain classes/builds too tanky.

Yes, this is what I expect with the upcoming balance patch---that certain weaver builds, for example, will be able to hold side nodes and it will be game over because they cannot be dislodged.

In the WvW, I saw Maguuma's Krab guild run a very tanky roaming comp (scourge, scrapper, tempest, herald, spellbreaker) that was virtually unkillable. I can only imagine what is going to happen when the upcoming balance patch is released and damage output is reduced. The problem in WvW is compounded because of the Minstrel and Trailblazer stat combinations not found in the PvP mode. Additionally, we now have ascended foods that reduce incoming damage by ten percent.