Condi Rene stats post-patch [PvE]

Turkeyspit.3965

I've been holding off gearing up a Condi Rene because I'd seen some discussion about Viper's stats no longer being the BIS anymore because of the changes to Torment duration and loss of torment application on crit. I'm still very new to the Condi side of the prof, so bear with me, but is there a definitive opinion on this yet? Do you still go full Vipers, or would swapping to some Grieving make more sense?

For group content in instanced PvE probably vipers still will be the way to go for both weapons and armor (trinkets can be easily reset so they aren't a big problem). But Snow Crows will figure a better and more precisely crafted min-maxed build.

For solo PvE full traiblazer (or dire) is just plain better, and works well in WvW, also.

@Buran.3796 said:For group content in instanced PvE probably vipers still will be the way to go for both weapons and armor (trinkets can be easily reset so they aren't a big problem). But Snow Crows will figure a better and more precisely crafted min-maxed build.

For solo PvE full traiblazer (or dire) is just plain better, and works well in WvW, also.

I have leggy armor + back piece so mainly asking so I don't have to reset weapons + trinkets.

What is the difference in damage from power/precision on Vipers as compared to Trailblazer?

For WvW it makes sense to go full toughness/vitality, but in OW you don't need it, especially if you're running Tormenting runes (at least that's my experience on Mirage), but if Vipers is only like a 5% or 10% damage difference compared to Trailblazer / Dire, might as well go full on tank and wait the extra 0.5 secs for your dots to kill stuff.

@Aihao.5824 said:what build u use?Cuz my experience is that i lost around 35-40% of dps

Corruption 1-3-1. Invocation and Renegade are the same. Full Viper, Geo/Earth on Bow and Doom/Earth und Mace/Axe. Ive been using plate of beef rendang as my new food though. Its like 300 DPS more than the Pizza. Notm having it isnt really a big deal. Honestly, missing out on that much damage you probably just didnt change your corruption traits.

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

@Aihao.5824 said:what build u use?Cuz my experience is that i lost around 35-40% of dps

Corruption 1-3-1. Invocation and Renegade are the same. Full Viper, Geo/Earth on Bow and Doom/Earth und Mace/Axe. Ive been using plate of beef rendang as my new food though. Its like 300 DPS more than the Pizza. Notm having it isnt really a big deal. Honestly, missing out on that much damage you probably just didnt change your corruption traits.

what about armor runes?

@Aihao.5824 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The build on SC feels more or less the same as far as DPS goes. If you're getting 35-40% less DPS than before then you're doing something differently.did old rotation, and opening from Kala+mace|ase feels worse

Look at the DPS meter and not what it feels. I just tested it 10 min ago and I'm getting pretty much what I was getting before the update.

@Aihao.5824 said:u mean here rune or armor?just having viper stats, with old nightmare runes, seems like they removed tornment duration

Ehm Sorry, first one is supposed to be Nightmare Rune. You actually have slightly more torment duration than before.

than seems like i dont understand what im doing wrong.And a new question- if u run 1-3-1 in corruption how u sned ur energy in mallyx? Cuz ur chill effects dont stack tornment

@Aihao.5824 said:And a new question- if u run 1-3-1 in corruption how u sned ur energy in mallyx? Cuz ur chill effects dont stack tornment

Oh, you are doing an really old rotation then. You dont use torment on chill for quite a few months now.After you swap to mallyx you use the elite -> Mace 2 -> Weapon Swap -> SB2 -> SB4 -> SB3 -> SB2 -> SB2 -> SB3 -> SB4 and then swap to Kalla.

@Aihao.5824 said:And a new question- if u run 1-3-1 in corruption how u sned ur energy in mallyx? Cuz ur chill effects dont stack tornment

Oh, you are doing an really old rotation then. You dont use torment on chill for quite a few months now.After you swap to mallyx you use the elite -> Mace 2 -> Weapon Swap -> SB2 -> SB4 -> SB3 -> SB2 -> SB2 -> SB3 -> SB4 and then swap to Kalla.

very strange, i changed runes for Tormenting ones, having a bit more dps increase