25k ranger spikes out of stealth are ok still?

Rickster.8752

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Maul needs to be on a15 second cooldown not the 4 it is nowBut not just maul needs a longer cd......rapid fire also should be 15 seconds at least.....ranger has some of the lowest dps cd skills in the game with the biggest benifit in game 1500 range.

Imagine Maul on a 15 second cooldown. What exactly would we kill people with? Maul is literally the only skill on ranger greatsword that does non-insignificant damage and it only hits that hard on marksmanship and/or glass soulbeast builds.

And what would we do against people that aren't AFK and actually dodge things?

Nerfing the cooldown to 15 seconds would just completely gut non-meme glass ranger builds and delete the weapon from play entirely.

Same way guardian kills people with hammer I guess :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rickster.8752 said:

@"ZhouX.8742" said:let's be real, to get even remotely close to a number like this the ranger would need to slot unrealistic utilities and also do a massive setup... sure, it looks pretty when you test with somebody and get hit from a number of multipliers while they're standing still.

it makes for a good thread - but you are useless in matches and provide little to nothing in a game of conquest, anybody would prefer you run something that can actually take pressure without getting destroyed and auto-focused every game.

but dmg mitigation exists , and honestly against anybody decent and i wont even mention against top tier players like naru, phantaram you will get absolutely slaughtered and again, auto focused, because we all know , aside from the sheep that gobble this thread up to back up their claims that maul or ranger is busted because they don't want to learn how to fight against rangers, this build is absolutely useless IF IT EVEN EXISTS (which I highly doubt hence why the SS is cropped to begin with).

try this build against ANY competent build in the meta right now, and try it against d/f ele LR , you will get slaughtered - this doesn't matter how good you are, to even get high numbers on maul would mean you need to sacrifice almost EVERY survival utility you have. top rangers like shadowfall and eurantien most likely will vouch for this , and eurantien is somebody who would un-biasely vouch for this.

these kinds of threads are pointless, provide no context and "1 shot ranger" has always been a meme , esp to players who are good in PvP... in WvW sure, maybe you can sacrifice some dmg and still get high numbers and also be able to run some more survivability because stat mixing exists but in PvP with the amulet options you have, it's just not realistic.

it's on par with churning earth bomb builds , they're memes , sheep stop gobbling this kitten up please

Its not unrealistic to do this much damage though. It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for stealth though probably. I accept that.

Ok, play against top players with it then in 1v1 and 2v2's and then play up against a top team in conquest with it in 5's in a inner server channel and see how well you do and how realistic your experience will be.

It's cool to make meme forum threads about it but in reality against people with brains it's a useless concept and gets you auto focused and a liability.

This is sort of why you haven't seen a 1 shot build in probably any monthly AT semifinal/final ever in it's history and also in any top competitive game that's streamed or showcased, I wonder why? Because it's utter trash.

There's just much better options because conquest isn't about doing a 1 hit wonder then being a focus target for the other 95% of that time because you have no defensive utilities because you slotted everything in traits and utilities for dmg modifiers.

Also, stealth? Reveal exists , it's the simplest counter to a 1shot ranger build if you even need a counter, which you don't, again because it's an auto focus build even more focus-able than necro now.

@Anna.7845 said:

@toxic.3648 said:no its not okay OP. BUT! u are clearly forgetting about the
perma
stealth engineers and mesmers doing 30k+ spikes ! we need to look at these firstPermastealth engineer? You mean thief?He is reffering to certain ranger
S
having a mental breakdown when someone concern
his
their main and spam ridiculous nerf threads (thief/mes/engi) in desperate attempt to divert attention from his class, I guess? They are deleted now, I wonder... why :joy:

@Madisonlee.9641 said:

@"primatos.5413" said:Yay works as int... wait.. thought they brought down everything?!

Maul: Reduced power coefficient from 1.75 to 1.5.14,3% nerf :)

Should have been 30%. It needs to be 1.25

Don't pretend you wouldn't be here making the same exact post if that maul had been 12k instead of 16k XD

We got peeps in other threads complaining about sub-10k numbers from WI and Maul, so basically anything you die to should be nerfed and people won't stop crying until no one ever dies.

Oh wait we got that post HoT bunker meta, and then people cried that no one died and game was slow and boring so devs wanted to make things "feel dangerous" again and up crept the power since.

It's like a friggin yo-yo man XD

Actually people do cry when you don't die, just ask any core necro player!

@toxic.3648 said:no its not okay OP. BUT! u are clearly forgetting about the permastealth engineers and mesmers doing 30k+ spikes ! we need to look at these first

@Anna.7845 said:

perma
stealth engineers and mesmers doing 30k+ spikes ! we need to look at these first

Permastealth engineer? You mean thief?

perma
stealth engineers and mesmers doing 30k+ spikes ! we need to look at these first

Permastealth engineer? You mean thief?

nah @shadowpass.4236 said engi has permastealth . just quoting him :)

perma
stealth engineers and mesmers doing 30k+ spikes ! we need to look at these firstPermastealth engineer? You mean thief?He is reffering to certain ranger
S
having a mental breakdown when someone concern
his
their main and spam ridiculous nerf threads (thief/mes/engi) in desperate attempt to divert attention from his class, I guess? They are deleted now, I wonder... why :joy:

I don't know how long it'll take for you people to learn that I can back up everything I say with a video. You can doubt me as many times as you want but you always end up being wrong in the end lol.Btw that damage in the video is with assassin amulet, eagle runes, and short fuse instead of glass cannon for the fury uptime. The light golem died 50% of the way through the burst. :joy:The normal build uses zerk, scholar, glass cannon, and intel sigil to guarantee the crit on the burst 100% of the time. Normally, Overheat would hit for 18k rather than 13k on the light golem xd

Played 2vs2 yesterday, a power mesmer took me for 20k to 0 in in one shot from stealth. Second match I countered the burst from stealth just to get "moad" and get killed in 2 sec. Last game I tried to get the initiative, charged to mesmer spawning location, mesmer ofc used all immunity frame skills and stealthed . couple to seconds after, the mona combo once more, I'm dead in 2 sec.

Moral of the story? Nerf mesmer Or I need to learn and practice how to counter this combo?