Memory of Battle.

apharma.3741

@Infusion.7149 said:You can get the mist band from fractals in far less time

edit : Kind of offtopic, You can get 15 pristines a day from recs + t4s , no CMs required (2 each) : that's less than a week if you start with zero whereas 350 skirmish tickets is one week reaching diamond in WvW

you can not, if you like me played fractals not over t1 lol. since i started the game ~2 years ago, i still equipped 3,5 chars fully ascended, mostly by gear farmed in WvW. i honestly rather do just that instead of loop-farming metas or replay the fractals.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:For anyone else confused,

Skirmish tickets = time gateMemories of battle = crafting material

Skirmish tickets are just an exchangeable display of time played.Memories of battle are just like any other crafting material, like powerful vials of blood and such, you get them as you play and if you want more now, you get them off the tp.

If you need more memories of battle, buy them...

That's not really true and you know it. The majority of uses for memory of battle is as a currency to buy things with Skirmish Tickets usually, the amount used in crafting for anything but Legendary gear is actually very small, exception being guild hall decoration. You can check that in the links provided.

Crafting, buying, it doesn't matter when it comes to supply and demand for a material like memories of battle. So I don't really know what you are trying to convey with that paragraph.

Their primary purpose, where they see most of their use, is as a currency being traded at vendors and they are indeed linked mostly with WvW vendors or a gobbler. The reason they're this pseudo currency is because they wanted the ability to encourage but not force players to play all game modes by having game mode specific components.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:It also does not help that marks cost as much (or sometimes even more) than crafting it normally. I guess you can get around the t7 material requirements, but which one of you actually lacks bloodstone dust?

Also the rings have bloated prices most likely because they are infused. Maybe
if they sold a non-infused version
it'll help but doubt they'd care.What you wrote makes no sense as the mist band that is a prerequisite is also infused.

I meant since they only sell the mist band (infused) in the vendor, that they could sell a cheaper one that wasn't.You can get the mist band from fractals in far less time

Not everyone does fractals. And if they did this topic wouldn't exist.

Also 100 pristines are pretty bad. Might as well just gather berries or something (or use reward track for ls3/ls4 currency.)

No, the topic would still exist, I used to do a lot of fractals and have plenty of currency however I cannot buy mistforged armour with fractal currencies which do come very frequently. The topic is about the disparity between the amount of memories of battle you get which is extremely low, even more so if you compare it to other similar currency systems.

In terms of grandmaster mark chests from PvP you get 3 a season while WvW you gain 0.3 a week, I believe this does almost match up as you can only get them in leagues which last 6 weeks + 2-4 weeks off time, whether you get them in the mini season I don't know.

@apharma.3741 said:

Skirmish tickets are just an exchangeable display of time played.Memories of battle are just like any other crafting material, like powerful vials of blood and such, you get them as you play and if you want more now, you get them off the tp.

That's not really true and you know it. The majority of uses for memory of battle is as a currency to buy things with Skirmish Tickets usually, the amount used in crafting for anything but Legendary gear is actually very small, exception being guild hall decoration. You can check that in the links provided.

Crafting, buying, it doesn't matter when it comes to supply and demand for a material like memories of battle. So I don't really know what you are trying to convey with that paragraph.

Their primary purpose, where they see most of their use, is as a currency being traded at vendors and they are indeed linked mostly with WvW vendors or a gobbler. The reason they're this pseudo currency is because they wanted the ability to encourage but not force players to play all game modes by having game mode specific components.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:It also does not help that marks cost as much (or sometimes even more) than crafting it normally. I guess you can get around the t7 material requirements, but which one of you actually lacks bloodstone dust?

it'll help but doubt they'd care.What you wrote makes no sense as the mist band that is a prerequisite is also infused.

I meant since they only sell the mist band (infused) in the vendor, that they could sell a cheaper one that wasn't.You can get the mist band from fractals in far less time

Also 100 pristines are pretty bad. Might as well just gather berries or something (or use reward track for ls3/ls4 currency.)

No, the topic would still exist, I used to do a lot of fractals and have plenty of currency however I cannot buy mistforged armour with fractal currencies which do come very frequently. The topic is about the disparity between the amount of memories of battle you get which is extremely low, even more so if you compare it to other similar currency systems.

In terms of grandmaster mark chests from PvP you get 3 a season while WvW you gain 0.3 a week, I believe this does almost match up as you can only get them in leagues which last 6 weeks + 2-4 weeks off time, whether you get them in the mini season I don't know.

Well ok, I meant farm fractals enough currently so that you could regularly get trinkets from it. You get like 20g+ for doing a around of t4s and recs. In my case, I still pick the wvw vendor since I just buy whatever memories of battle I have and use the tickets. Same with weapons/armors. Core stats also drop fairly regularly as well.

In any case, no real point in discussing fractals. It's pretty obvious pve is a better place to gear quicker.

And yea I guess we could talk about armor, but that ascended armor is really not worth it on its own unless you buy it with pure tickets. I still would blame the marks though since I still sometimes use MoB (and yes I buy those). But hey, ascended armor from fractals is even worse, and does not come with its skins. Maybe marks are just doomed to suck.

Also FYI I have 3700 tickets right now and don't always reach diamond every week. I don't really care either.

@apharma.3741 said:

Buy them...how many ways can it be said?