NPCs in Eye of the North

I'm disappointed that the NPCs you buy for Eye of the North are only for the public version and not your personal instance. I was initially happy that there was finally a use for that Hall of Monuments Portal Stone I've kept in my inventory for all these years. What's the point in buying those NPCs then? Or... am I missing something?

@Randulf.7614 said:You can switch from thr public one to the old one via the NPC. I haven't tried but I assumed you could switch to the new one via an npc too if you used the stone to get to the old version

Yes, the stone still works, however it'd been nice to have those NPCs in the personal instance as well. I didn't see an NPC to switch to the public one.

@AngelMouse.7345 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:You can switch from thr public one to the old one via the NPC. I haven't tried but I assumed you could switch to the new one via an npc too if you used the stone to get to the old version

Yes, the stone still works, however it'd been nice to have those NPCs in the personal instance as well.

Wouldn't really make much sense though given it's the old unexplored one no one can get to. The new one acts as a hub for strike missions and also gates to other cities and areas as well as the Visions. The old one literally just exists for the GW1 HoM handover

I would however like the portal stone to be updated to go to either instance at a choice. That would save them making a new portal scroll

@Randulf.7614 said:

Yes, the stone still works, however it'd been nice to have those NPCs in the personal instance as well.

Wouldn't really make much sense though given it's the old unexplored one no one can get to.

I would however like the portal stone to be updated to go to either instance at a choice. That would save them making a new portal scroll

That would be nice, too :)

They need armor repair in the new hub. Also a speed boost or mount use is needed as it’s insanely far to run from trading post to crafting stations. Everything is so far apart. Besides that this is a great upgradable hub. It’s almost like the other portals to convenience places. They do need to upgrade the portal stone. Right now you portal, but then have to spend one silver to go to the way point.

I'm mostly disappointed that they did not combine both instances.They have the tech to phase out NPCs, so why not add the NPCs from the private hub to the public hub based on what a player has unlocked.What would be great too was to hide all the crystals (and other spoilerly stuff) based on whether or not a player has actually played Icebrood Saga (though admittedly, I'm not sure that would be as easy), which could potentially make the LS1 stuff less spoilerly too (ignoring the fact you have to play the other visions first to get access).

edit: you can't

If you use the Scrying Pool or Kimmes to go to your private instance you can exit back to the public one just by exiting your private one through the little door symbol above the mini-map, that'll return you to the public one.

P.S. - I'm pretty sure those crafting stations are only visible and usable to the person that bought them, not that I've tried.