Forging Steel

uhmm.. yeah...

Putting content like that into a story is almost a crime. Especially when part of the group wants to do archivements and the other part wants to move on.Keep it solo missions A-Net.

And yeah... it looks like A-Net doesn't give a dang about the Caithe disaster. They repeat the same mistake.When i entered the mission, people were already on riot about playing other characters than themself. Especially another class.This won't end well

@Kurrilino.2706 said:uhmm.. yeah...

Putting content like that into a story is almost a crime. Especially when part of the group wants to do archivements and the other part wants to move on.Keep it solo missions A-Net.

And yeah... it looks like A-Net doesn't give a dang about the Caithe disaster. They repeat the same mistake.When i entered the mission, people were already on riot about playing other characters than themself. Especially another class.This won't end well

What're you talking about? Ryland's GS is a bundle that you can drop and use your own skills. They did learn from it.

I legitimately don't understand this negativity today. Anet could do anything to please them, yet I feel like 90% of the players here would still only complain. Give them credit when it's earned, for saint's sake.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

I legitimately don't understand this negativity today. Anet could do anything to please them, yet I feel like 90% of the players here would still only complain. Give them credit when it's earned, for saint's sake.

To be honest, this is recycled content played by other characters then people created.I can see why this Saga isn't well recieved.

People created RPG characters to experience epic adventures. They didn't sign up to play military missions with other characters

@Kurrilino.2706 said:

To be honest, this is recycled content played by other characters then people created.I can see why this Saga isn't well recieved.

People created RPG characters to experience epic adventures. They didn't sign up to play military missions with other characters

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously there is no adequate response to your post.

You keep your own skills.You can solo the mission if you like, easily.

You're literally playing a story mission like you would a Fractal, but you can solo it or with up to 10 players. "didn't sign up to play military missions" you hecking what? By that logic anything the Commander does is bs because we didn't have a choice.

@Kurrilino.2706 said:

I didn't sign up for comedy content when I logged into this forum, but it's what I got it seems.

It is easily solo-able. Several of my guildees did it yesterday. Just opt into the squad rather than public group by yourself.

It's more fun with a group though - so I recommend people either group with a few friends or use the public option.

Some of the best content Anet has put out in years, in my opinion. It scales well from 1 up to 10 (I did it multiple times yesterday in separate groups of 2, 3 and 5), allows for multiple roles/methods of play and is just a fun story to follow.

Then you add in the Visions of the Past missions from season 1 (which can be done in groups of 1-5) and yesterday was a pretty awesome addition to the game.

Yep great work Anet. More of the same please! Loved the co op mission - happy to have more of these between episodes. Liked the dialogue and the associated NPCs. Haven't tried the LS1 stuff although it should really have been separated out to be honest. Haven't started the collections yet either, but looks a fair amount to do should I want to delve into it.

This is very easily fixable by advertising a group with no achievement hunting.

Achievement hunting should be done in groups that are specified for it or general public groups that don't care.If you want a proper serious run then making a group for it is the only sensible way to obtain it.

There is no instance at all where your class is changed to anything else.In Both Forging Steel and Darkmire Delves you have access to your characters full build.. the only real difference is you play as a Charr avatar.It is more or less the same as the Ascalon Fractal where your character also gets changed to a Charr but you retain all your skills and build etc.The only notable difference is that in the second mission you get a special access key that allows you to essentially have a 3rd weapon with a unique skillbar.. hell it even counts as a weapon swap when you change into and out of Rylands Grreatsword.Aside from melting icewalls to progress in that instance you do not have to use the Greatsword at all, though I advise using it because honestly it's awesome!!

This is nothing like the Season 2's Seeds of Truth content (which annoyed me too after a several playthroughs)