The legendary amulet was a mistake

Psybehr.2518

You don't want this or like this? Balance for 2v2 and make it a proper pvp mode.

Conquest is bad for views, and isn't strait forward for the uninitiated. The design is not easy for everyone to grasp and is rarely reflected in other successful games, and since day 1 it has brought us low for trying to balance around it. If A-net wanted a 5v5 game they should have designed it around lines and lanes like everyone else, not open rotations with objectives. Crap like this keeps coming up every time pvp is given a decent reward that regulars would want among many other issues that draw back to this route cause. If you don't like it don't play it and don't support it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Daishi.6027 said:You don't want this or like this? Balance for 2v2 and make it a proper pvp mode.

Conquest is bad for views, and isn't strait forward for the uninitiated. The design is not easy for everyone to grasp and is rarely reflected in other successful games, and since day 1 it has brought us low for trying to balance around it. If A-net wanted a 5v5 game they should have designed it around lines and lanes like everyone else, not open rotations with objectives. kitten like this keeps coming up every time pvp is given a decent reward that regulars would want among many other issues that draw back to this route cause. If you don't like it don't play it and don't support it.

I personally like the rotations for the most part, but I agree proper 2v2 would solve this problem. 2v2 matches in most cases go faster than 5v5, so easier for reward hunters to rack up ranked wins, on top of it having a way better learning curve.

@Daishi.6027 said:You don't want this or like this? Balance for 2v2 and make it a proper pvp mode.

Conquest is bad for views, and isn't strait forward for the uninitiated. The design is not easy for everyone to grasp and is rarely reflected in other successful games, and since day 1 it has brought us low for trying to balance around it. If A-net wanted a 5v5 game they should have designed it around lines and lanes like everyone else, not open rotations with objectives. kitten like this keeps coming up every time pvp is given a decent reward that regulars would want among many other issues that draw back to this route cause. If you don't like it don't play it and don't support it.

OH no, anet do something different, that's actually working but hard to understand

@Avatar.3568 said:We should actually increase the needed ranked wins. Pvp is not Pve were you get everything with a happy smile and stupid grinding.It's a challenge, like everything in pvp if you don't want to do it, than don't do it.If you want it, do it and stop crying.

Pvp is just as grinding and you get everything, except the mat trinkets, no mater your skill level. Mmr pretty much forces a 50% unless you are the worse of the worse, like actual bronze players or the top of the top. If you are in middle, you will get your 120 wins eventually, and actually get it faster than those at higher skill levels due to longer wait time the further from the average skill level you get. T1 has no skill requirements, it is just grinding.

I have to agree, it is a big mistake.

The last thing spvp needs is more rewards. Ranked already has a plethora of loot to gain from. This is just going to encourage more farmers to come into pvp and not engage or care about the game or the team.

As far as bringing people in, well this latest balance update has brought a lot of people in both old and new.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@"Kickpuncher.8109" said:Classic PVP community being toxic as hell, providing no tips and then complaining.

Bunch of insecure children, we get it, you're good at a dead aspect of GW2 and god forbid someone else get decent at it cause where would that leave you? Maybe don't be a kitten about it and more people will come to PVP and it will actually get some DEV attention.

(Edited I guess?)

And we are suppose to allow PVE people to whine and buy their wins like spoiled rich kids?

Okay Jim, back to the office.

thats what they do for pve, just look at raids, always someone selling achievements. these people want to pay and get it, who needs effort xdjust farm silverwastes all day every day and pay for all leggies achis,

And that's why they barely know what a combo field is. ? When I can do 30k on a stupid strike boss consistently and I'm seeing people type Soulbeast sucks when they're doing 7k damage, you know something is wrong in the PVE community.

Buying things =/= Skill ever and I can't believe people even condone that because PvP is suffering. I rather let it get trashed than having to deal with people that will be gone in literally less than 4 weeks. I rather put effort into the guy that was interested in PvP before they even put this dumb reward out.

preety much all the classes can pull 15k+ dps by holding m1 and doing 2-3 skills from time to time. Yet somehow I see people pulling 2-3 dps.Im clueless when it comes to raids and im usually dealing 80-90% of the damage the "top dog" does. It kinda makes me lose hope in people.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:

@Avatar.3568 said:We should actually increase the needed ranked wins. Pvp is not Pve were you get everything with a happy smile and stupid grinding.It's a challenge, like everything in pvp if you don't want to do it, than don't do it.If you want it, do it and stop crying.

Pvp is just as grinding and you get everything, except the mat trinkets, no mater your skill level. Mmr pretty much forces a 50% unless you are the worse of the worse, like actual bronze players or the top of the top. If you are in middle, you will get your 120 wins eventually, and actually get it faster than those at higher skill levels due to longer wait time the further from the average skill level you get. T1 has no skill requirements, it is just grinding.

I get every season p2 and dip out to p3 a few times so idkI would say, if you are playing constantly your mmr is pretty precise