Seems double post changint this to the new Pvt thread

Sovereign.1093

Depends what the class is tbh... Most DPS builds are usually Marauder or Berserker now. Support/Healing is Minstrel or Cleric? Condi is generally more unique but built around Carrion, Dire, Trailblazer and... I can't remember the other one off the top of my head.

@Fish.2769 said:Depends what the class is tbh... Most DPS builds are usually Marauder or Berserker now. Support/Healing is Minstrel or Cleric? Condi is generally more unique but built around Carrion, Dire, Trailblazer and... I can't remember the other one off the top of my head.

Theme is what is the next level Pvt. Like if you wvw and new. Besides pvt, aim for this. :)

Yes, if healer it's minstrel or clericIf condi, it's dire.If power it's ? Must be like pvt for zerging?

Why?

Can damage, survive ac, not easy to 1 shot

Atleast able to survive and run away from burn guard damage

@Fish.2769 said:Well yeah, if you're running power in a zerg, it's either Marauder or Berserker. That's the whole point of running certain gear in zergs because it compliments and supports each other based on the role they're playing.

Before cele was the end goal choice.but isn't good overall because it's so hard to gear up with.

For now I'm sticking with wanderer zerker. And I hope I can convert more power players to run this if they blob or ten man.

For condi, dire set is an easy choice .

For healer

2 choices minstrel or cleric.

People generally don't wear entire gears of just one stat anymore, they mix and match in order to meet specific needs. For example, three classes need +Vitality so may need to run some Minstrel instead of full Giver's on support builds, or some Magi instead of full Clerics, etc. This is just a support build example, there's alot of other examples regarding DPS and hybrid builds.

And every gear has strengths and weaknesses, for example Marauder's overstacks Precision and will exceed 100% crit rate on some builds and thus be wasted stats, so in some cases Valkyrie is mixed in to make it more efficient Power-wise. Stats like Harrier's and Zealot's are glassy, and don't stand very well on their own, and sets like Crusasder's lack a critical component (in that case, Precision).

So there's alot to think about , unlike back in the days of the Berserker's+Soldier's meta.

Soldier's (PVT) is still a good stat combination, but anyone with access to HoT will run Wanderer's instead which adds Boon Duration, an example of quasi-support builds that have become very common, especially amoung Commanders. For a similar reason Diviner's has mostly replaced Berserker's; the extra damage from stats isn't worth losing the additional Might stacking, etc. even in a DPS build.

To put simply, there's no answer to your question. Use a build editor and find what works for you.

But if you're asking "What can I tell new players to wear?", then the answer would just be PVT still, because its the easiest to acquire (Trading Post, Karma merchants, WvW merchants, etc.), and if they have the expos I'd tell them to use Wanderer's on stat-select gear.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:People generally don't wear entire gears of just one stat anymore, they mix and match in order to meet specific needs. For example, three classes need +Vitality so may need to run some Minstrel instead of full Giver's on support builds, or some Magi instead of full Clerics, etc. This is just a support build example, there's alot of other examples regarding DPS and hybrid builds.

And every gear has strengths and weaknesses, for example Marauder's overstacks Precision and will exceed 100% crit rate on some builds and thus be wasted stats, so in some cases Valkyrie is mixed in to make it more efficient Power-wise. Stats like Harrier's and Zealot's are glassy, and don't stand very well on their own, and sets like Crusasder's lack a critical component (in that case, Precision).

So there's alot to think about , unlike back in the days of the Berserker's+Soldier's meta.

Soldier's (PVT) is still a good stat combination, but anyone with access to HoT will run Wanderer's instead which adds Boon Duration, an example of quasi-support builds that have become very common, especially amoung Commanders. For a similar reason Diviner's has mostly replaced Berserker's; the extra damage from stats isn't worth losing the additional Might stacking, etc. even in a DPS build.

To put simply, there's no answer to your question. Use a build editor and find what works for you.

But if you're asking "What can I tell new players to wear?", then the answer would just be PVT still, because its the easiest to acquire (Trading Post, Karma merchants, WvW merchants, etc.), and if they have the expos I'd tell them to use Wanderer's on stat-select gear.

Your response is respected :)

Wanderers it is then - the gear wvw players ought to use as 2nd level prior to guild builds.

• 2 weeks later...

You either full damageFull bunkerOr full support...there's no in between if you have dedicated people capabele for roles...

Full dps means: at least 3 offensive stats(at least power)+traitsFull support means: at least 3 defensive stats[at least healing power, preferably concentration]+supportive/defensive traitsFull bunker: max damage output from one star(Read condi damage or power) +defensive traits

Especially with the exponential growth of certain skills because of how the game mechanics work..(e.g.: healing power and outgoing healing are sepperate factors...)

Its why the original game didn't have Gear as dire or minstrel...nor dedicated support classes

@L A T I O N.8923 said:You either full damageFull bunkerOr full support...there's no in between if you have dedicated people capabele for roles...

Full dps means: at least 3 offensive stats(at least power)+traitsFull support means: at least 3 defensive stats[at least healing power, preferably concentration]+supportive/defensive traitsFull bunker: max damage output from one star(Read condi damage or power) +defensive traits

Especially with the exponential growth of certain skills because of how the game mechanics work..(e.g.: healing power and outgoing healing are sepperate factors...)

Its why the original game didn't have Gear as dire or minstrel...nor dedicated support classes

I'm now inclined that basic stat of players be dire. Since condi needs no other stat but condition damage. With vit and toughness as secondary stats it'll be fine

Then the rest who go heal just minstrel. Thing's just broken right now that condi burn.

Of course a good team has decent resisrance. My rev was once able to seep out 56 stacks of burn @.@ was extremely scary

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@L A T I O N.8923 said:You either full damageFull bunkerOr full support...there's no in between if you have dedicated people capabele for roles...

I'm now inclined that basic stat of players be dire. Since condi needs no other stat but condition damage. With vit and toughness as secondary stats it'll be fine

Yeah pretty much, dire (or technicly soldier/sentinel) as a bunker class at the moment...yet condi is much better then power and therefor rather dire/trailblazer(expertise has a 2nd argument since..cleansing but still is viable..)

Then the rest who go heal just minstrel. Thing's just broken right now that condi burn.Yeah IT is but its that wierd change to sword of justice, Being able to cast IT twice in a few seconds and the stacking of virtue of justice..the trait wont need a nerf imo its Just the SoJ trait since guard range for the other skills Just tickle

Of course a good team has decent resisrance. My rev was once able to seep out 56 stacks of burn @.@ was extremely scary56? Gg

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

Yeah pretty much, dire (or technicly soldier/sentinel) as a bunker class at the moment...yet condi is much better then power and therefor rather dire/trailblazer(expertise has a 2nd argument since..cleansing but still is viable..)

Then the rest who go heal just minstrel. Thing's just broken right now that condi burn.Yeah IT is but its that wierd change to sword of justice, Being able to cast IT twice in a few seconds and the stacking of virtue of justice..the trait wont need a nerf imo its Just the SoJ trait since guard range for the other skills Just tickle

Of course a good team has decent resisrance. My rev was once able to seep out 56 stacks of burn @.@ was extremely scary56? Gg

Yes. That's how it stacks. Does no damage to me because I resist but one mistake insta down.

ok lets see what I would do for cheap gear:

low vitality dps class: berserker + Valkyrie (maybe some knights instead of berserker)low vitality support: magi + clericsfor condi go dire

for medium or high vitality classes just drop the vitality gear or add a little where needed. don't forget trait stat boosts as these can replace a lot of gear.

If someone legit didn't know what they wanted to do but we're new to wvw I would recommend celestial as a starter set.

It wont do any one thing amazing but it also won't be as bad as having absolutely nothing for a particular play style. As they define a role for themselves they can slowly switch out gear while still having the mediocre functionality of the remaining celestial pieces.

As a side benefit they also won't be running to the forums claiming to have gotten hit by a 15k cor that one shot them from 100% hp.

@Justine.6351 said:If someone legit didn't know what they wanted to do but we're new to wvw I would recommend celestial as a starter set.

It wont do any one thing amazing but it also won't be as bad as having absolutely nothing for a particular play style. As they define a role for themselves they can slowly switch out gear while still having the mediocre functionality of the remaining celestial pieces.

As a side benefit they also won't be running to the forums claiming to have gotten hit by a 15k cor that one shot them from 100% hp.

Hehe cele is like an end gear :) but that is worth pursuing