The Mad King Returns!

@TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Hopefully I'll experience my first Halloween in GW2 this year.Planned in doing so last year but... change of plans last minute.

Anything dead related is always awesome! (Minus certain times with the Risen in Orr...)

You're in for a treat then. There's a reason I call Halloween in GW2 Lootoberfest. :D

I don't even care if it's rehashed content. Running the labyrinth is fun for me. :3

It is also a time where you get to hear commanders in the lab scream. :)

"Hmm, the rest of the squad is not here yet but there are 2 doors right next to each other. I may as well open both of them before they get here to see what they are."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Hopefully I'll experience my first Halloween in GW2 this year.Planned in doing so last year but... change of plans last minute.

Anything dead related is always awesome! (Minus certain times with the Risen in Orr...)

You're in for a treat then. There's a reason I call Halloween in GW2 Lootoberfest. :D

I don't even care if it's rehashed content. Running the labyrinth is fun for me. :3

"Hmm, the rest of the squad is not here yet but there are 2 doors right next to each other. I may as well open both of them before they get here to see what they are."

Don't remind me. :P

@Menadena.7482 said:

Don't remind me. :P

I always told my squad to open the skeleton (?) first because I knew someone would always open the other door the moment they got there. The skeleton goes fast when you do not have to deal with the viscount but when you do it the other way around it takes forever. Plus that is almost always when Steve will show up then you have 3 things splitting the squad.

Would be fun in WvW if mad king just started randomly going around different maps destroying everything for three weeks :) One thing I do miss though from gw1 was killing raptors for tot bags, pumpkin pie, and those cookies lol. I did always like the wintersday stuff from gw1 but sadly unless something has been done since last year but the ones with the grinches were always fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Many, many thanks to you Anet and all the development team!

After 5 years of break with Tyria, my return was fanfares thanks to you.Shadow of the Mad King 2017 is, for me, very positive. I noted that the event ended on November 7th (source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates October 17, 2017: Halloween will be active until November 7. Your Mad King says: Have a happy Halloween!), scoring me with 4/5 completed Eves. So, I would have been ready for next year. But yesterday, in the update note (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2017-11-07), I discovered a one-day extension. Bam! 1 more weapon added to my small collection!Thank you so much!

Here is my little record (knowing that I was away from the keyboard a short week):4 weapons: 3 with the Thorn's Eves + 1 in a candy bag1 set of Lunatic armor (including a piece in the tailor workshop)The pain of reunion with the "amaizing" and "awesome Clocktower! :-D3/4 Memoires back items1 suit (thanks to candies)3 Halloween Pail (2 thanks to PvP Reward Track)1 mini (Tricks and Treats collection)Hunting for the Palawa's Awakened, without having PoF, was more fun than expected (source of meetings in game)The maze race, on foot (!!!), was an excellent challenge, but hey, no less than 3 minutes for me!Not to mention the achievements points collected, wich unlocked 1 armor skinI think I do not forget anythingThese were nice moments and I can't wait the Wintersday return ... Except his puzzle! :-D

A suggestion maybe, could you make the weapons found in the candy bags not account-bound.I luckyly found a hammer, but it's unsuitable for any of my 5 characters. Sad. Account-bound, I can't sell it in the Black Lion Marcket. If not, this weapon would have become the Top the Cake.

Madly yours,MJ, Emissary of the Mad King.

Archived