Condition Damage Needs to be Balanced

Crab Fear.1624

Looking over the huge patch again to make sure I wasn't mistaken, I realized that the patch focused mainly on power damage, cc damage, and healing.

But, players will swap to the most effective tactic available and that currently is mostly condi damage, and hybrid damage in the game now.

There was little to no hits to the effects of condi, but the ability to cleanse was nerfed?

Power damage was beat down, condi cleanse was nerfed, and condi damage and toughness go untouched.

I mean without any other information it is almost as if the INTENT was to have a condi bunker meta.

@Aktium.9506 said:There were loads of shaves for condi damage in the big patch. At least on Necro. I didn't read the other classes because they don't matter to me.

Nerf burning tho.

All I see is 1 trait shaved, and some conversions shaved.

Personally wouldn't call that loads.

Their power damage was nerfed though, same as everyone else. (90% of the shaves were power)

@Crab Fear.1624 said:All I see is 1 trait shaved, and some conversions shaved.

Their power damage was nerfed though, same as everyone else. (90% of the shaves were power)Nah there were a few

Manifest Sand Shade: Reduced power coefficient from 0.666 to 0.1. Reduced torment duration from 2 seconds to 1 second.

Grasping Dead: Adjusted bleeding from 3 stacks for 10 seconds to 2 stacks for 12 seconds. Reduced cripple duration from 7 seconds to 5 seconds. Reduced power coefficient from 0.8 to 0.6

Feast of Corruption: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.75. Reduced number of boons corrupted from 2 to 1

Dark Pact: Reduced number of boons corrupted from 2 to 1

Corrupt Boon: Reduced number of boons corrupted from 3 to 2. Increased ammo recharge from 18 seconds to 24 seconds

Spiteful Spirit: Reduced power coefficient from 0.4 to 0.1. Reduced number of boons corrupted from 2 to 1. Reduced additional boons corrupted against foes under 50% health from 2 to 1

Weakening Shroud: Reduced weakness duration from 5 seconds to 2.5 secondsBarbed Precision: Reduced bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 1 second

Enfeebling Blood: Reduced weakness duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds

Lesser Mark of Blood (from Mark of Evasion): Reduced power coefficient from 0.33 to 0.1. Reduced number of bleeding stacks from 2 to 1

Fear of Death: Reduced bonus fear duration from 100% to 50%

Dhuumfire (with the Scourge specialization equipped only): Reduced burning duration from 3 seconds to 1 second

Sadistic Searing: Reduced burning duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds

Demonic Lore: Reduced burning duration from 3 seconds to 1 second

It adds up, man.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Looking over the huge patch again to make sure I wasn't mistaken, I realized that the patch focused mainly on power damage, cc damage, and healing.

But, players will swap to the most effective tactic available and that currently is mostly condi damage, and hybrid damage in the game now.

There was little to no hits to the effects of condi, but the ability to cleanse was nerfed?

Power damage was beat down, condi cleanse was nerfed, and condi damage and toughness go untouched.

I mean without any other information it is almost as if the INTENT was to have a condi bunker meta.

? you realize expertise amulets got removed? before patch condi mes did 5-6k burning with torch, now its about 3k, its almost 50% condi dmg nerf without actually nerfing damage, just by the sheer fact that expertise and runes got nerfed, some abilities that ate nerf actually deal 70-80% less damage.p4 used to bleed about 10k, now it bleeds for 2k, its 80% nerf, stating that condi didnt get nerf is simply false

@Aktium.9506 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:All I see is 1 trait shaved, and some conversions shaved.

Their power damage was nerfed though, same as everyone else. (90% of the shaves were power)Nah there were a few

Manifest Sand Shade: Reduced power coefficient from 0.666 to 0.1. Reduced torment duration from 2 seconds to 1 second.

Grasping Dead: Adjusted bleeding from 3 stacks for 10 seconds to 2 stacks for 12 seconds. Reduced cripple duration from 7 seconds to 5 seconds. Reduced power coefficient from 0.8 to 0.6

Feast of Corruption: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.75. Reduced number of boons corrupted from 2 to 1

Dark Pact: Reduced number of boons corrupted from 2 to 1

Corrupt Boon: Reduced number of boons corrupted from 3 to 2. Increased ammo recharge from 18 seconds to 24 seconds

Spiteful Spirit: Reduced power coefficient from 0.4 to 0.1. Reduced number of boons corrupted from 2 to 1. Reduced additional boons corrupted against foes under 50% health from 2 to 1

Weakening Shroud: Reduced weakness duration from 5 seconds to 2.5 secondsBarbed Precision: Reduced bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 1 second

Enfeebling Blood: Reduced weakness duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds

Lesser Mark of Blood (from Mark of Evasion): Reduced power coefficient from 0.33 to 0.1. Reduced number of bleeding stacks from 2 to 1

Fear of Death: Reduced bonus fear duration from 100% to 50%

Dhuumfire (with the Scourge specialization equipped only): Reduced burning duration from 3 seconds to 1 second

Sadistic Searing: Reduced burning duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds

Demonic Lore: Reduced burning duration from 3 seconds to 1 second

It adds up, man.

Half the list is power, part of the bit is boons corruption.

And a few traits for scourge were hit.

Some of the changes went from less stacks to higher duration.

Again, not really hit like power, even some of the nerfs that had condi in them, the power was more steep lol.

It does not "ADD UP", it evens out.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Looking over the huge patch again to make sure I wasn't mistaken, I realized that the patch focused mainly on power damage, cc damage, and healing.

? you realize expertise amulets got removed? before patch condi mes did 5-6k burning with torch, now its about 3k, its almost 50% condi dmg nerf without actually nerfing damage, just by the sheer fact that expertise and runes got nerfed, some abilities that ate nerf actually deal 70-80% less damage.p4 used to bleed about 10k, now it bleeds for 2k, its 80% nerf, stating that condi didnt get nerf is simply false

I'd rather have 1600-1700 condition damage than duration, you wanted the damage up front over time.

For burns especially, I can keep 3-4k ticks on you constantly as a guardian with that.

I was under the impression condi mes was running hybrids, like carrion or wizard because of that belief.

Looking through the skills on mesmer, looks like other than gear, your condition attacks went largely untouched.

It's not so "false".

Anet as usual goes opposite direction than most people who the game would have expected. Potential for high condi burst dps for shorter durations when condi heavy classes can continually apply said condi's or leaving duration or even increasing condi duration while lowering its dot damage. Which seems like a healthier version of damage OVER TIME during a massive patch aimed at lowering the games state of high damage lol.Games got a real bright future.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Looking over the huge patch again to make sure I wasn't mistaken, I realized that the patch focused mainly on power damage, cc damage, and healing.

I'd rather have 1600-1700 condition damage than duration, you wanted the damage up front over time.

For burns especially, I can keep 3-4k ticks on you constantly as a guardian with that.

I was under the impression condi mes was running hybrids, like carrion or wizard because of that belief.

Looking through the skills on mesmer, looks like other than gear, your condition attacks went largely untouched.

It's not so "false".

I told you already, torch went from 5-6k to about 3k dmg, pistol went from 10k bleed to 2-2,5k bleed.3 clone scepter ambush sued to do 4,5k bleed from crit trait, now best you can hope for is 1k.those are 50-80% dmg nerfs.Its like removing precision from power amulets and pretending power damage wasnt nerfed.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Half the list is power, part of the bit is boons corruption.Yeah all skills had power reduced by 33% or so. But every one of those things listed are condi based. Except maybe the dagger mainhand corrupt.

And a few traits for scourge were hit.Yes. Scurg is indeed a part of Necro.

Some of the changes went from less stacks to higher duration.Necro didn't have a single duration increase on literally anything aside from arguably Doom getting streamlined to not have different durations depending on range.

If we go by what the majority is using then power is what needs to be balanced since it constitutes an oppressive majority of all builds :^)

! wDCz8IY.png

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

It's not so "false".

I told you already, torch went from 5-6k to about 3k dmg, pistol went from 10k bleed to 2-2,5k bleed.3 clone scepter ambush sued to do 4,5k bleed from crit trait, now best you can hope for is 1k.those are 50-80% dmg nerfs.Its like removing precision from power amulets and pretending power damage wasnt nerfed.

I always get you, viquing, and the other guy confused.

Which one of you say only 2 people play power mirage?

Why is that again?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

It's not so "false".

I always get you, viquing, and the other guy confused.

Which one of you say only 2 people play power mirage?

Why is that again?

its 3 now, I started trolling with it too :D