Mirage bugs and Problems. (I hope for a response from ANET)

Harry Foud.1935

This is a post with all of the Mirage's problems and bugs hoping someone from Anet will see it.

SkillsAxe 2: doesn't always spawn a clone especially if the target is not immobile. It seems to suffer from some huge desync or skill queuing issue that presents itself as forcing large delays before the skill activates. Using the skill often feels like you're playing with 250ms ping, and it's really odd and problematic. It results in getting hit by attacks due to the animation lock, using it twice due to skill queuing, and just generally feeling completely awful.Axe 3: low range after the shadowstep, breaks Mirage's target also and is rng targeting other enemies than the one u want. Best it will land your dmg as intended , worst it will lead to a team wipe in raid . In pvp , the long cast time or animation is also the problem . In pvp a skill which is supposed to give mesmer mobility and a way to avoid being targeted , it makes him a huge pink fly in mid air. And it will still fail to hit the intended target. Also sometimes it moves you to places that cause camera issues, unable to move from invsible walls etc.Axe anbush: Doesn't work if you dont look face to face with the enemy even if you have targeted him. Axe ambush on clones does not trigger axe trait, usual clone attacks do trigger axe trait.Staff ambush: Orb that goes in a straight line, extremely easy to avoid even without dodge.

TraitsRiddle of sand + infinite horizon no synergy.1,5 sec protection every 10 seconds is a master trait.Dune cloak bug/tooltip. 3 stacks bleed for 4 seconds, not 2 for 6.Speed of sand should be added to Mirage clock trait and be replaced with smething else.

Utility SkillsSand though glass: Makes no sense to spawn the mirror at the starting point. Now I have to go back to the place I was trying to evade?!

Core problemsThe only thing he is suppose to do, single target dmg, is being done better than other classes.Much dmg is suppose to come from illusions but the fact that they have very low health makes them very vulnerable to all kinds of dmg.Theoritically the idea behind Mirage is to fool your foes no knowing which one you are. Well no decent player will be ever fooled from that.It has the pick up mecanism (mirrors), something the community hated already from Rev's healing and Guardian's aegis.He doesn't have a 25% movement speed buff (This is a problem to core Mesmer too).For a class so mobile he doesn't have the proper damage to take advantage of it. That's why most of us play power MirageFeels like it does not belong to the game. It has no utility to offer and it's the worst thing in the world to play a class and have people telling you to change in order to raid or do fractals with them.

Note: Benchmarks don't apply to the whole game. Hitting a golem is far from reality. The build that they use in benchmarks requires you to stack your phantasmas and keep them alive. This, first of all, can't be a reality in pvp or wvw cause players will kill them easily. And also it makes your shatters useless because why shatter a fully stacked phantasm. Also keep in mind that while in benchmarks they use condi Mirage, most people play power Mirage for a reason in pvp/wvw.

Those are the bugs and problems of Mirage, maybe some fellow Mesmer players can add stuff or correct some. I just hope someone from anet see this thread and look into it. Thank you :)

AN doesnt care. I wonder if we have enough mirage Players to stop playing the game so AN actually needs to care.a

Im literally gettin toxic. 20 Posts about ONE ele Spell, NOTHING about at least 4 mesmer Spells.

" but ele needed signet so it can play pvp again , bug was gamebreaking"

Well we cant use a full weapon , isnt this gamebreaking too ?

@FaboBabo.3581 said:AN doesnt care. I wonder if we have enough mirage Players to stop playing the game so AN actually needs to care.a

Im literally gettin toxic. 20 Posts about ONE ele Spell, NOTHING about at least 4 mesmer Spells.

I guess we'll see in 4 days. I really hope that someone is aware of all the problems that Mirage has. In wvw most Mesmers, who are already very few, play core mesmer instead of Mirage. They literally created a spec that makes people that dont want to sup as Chrono to play the core 2012 class.

@Harry Foud.1935 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:AN doesnt care. I wonder if we have enough mirage Players to stop playing the game so AN actually needs to care.a

I guess we'll see in 4 days. I really hope that someone is aware of all the problems that Mirage has. In wvw most Mesmers, who are already very few, play core mesmer instead of Mirage. They literally created a spec that makes people that dont want to sup as Chrono to play the core 2012 class.

Ok at this point i got to disagree. I rock wvw with mirage. Killin spellbreakers and scourges ( roamin mirage ofc)

But guess what. Im playing a hybrid build with sword in my main hand.

Not only because mirage thrust is the best Thing mirage got, but due to the fact that u cant play axe.

U FREAKIN CANT PLAY THE NEW WEAPON AFTER 2 YEARS.

" Hey AN here on Mirage. We worked very hard in the Last 2 years to give u a new feeling for the new spec. Therefore ur new weapon is unusable in any competetive game mode. We were too lazy to change Tooltips After we made Functional changes to traits, so just try every trait and look up what it does in reality .

Oh yeah and we got those cool new skills which Blink u at the worst spot arround ur target , turning ur character by 180° so u Cant attack anymore. this should give mirage the "deception" - factor , since u look just as stupid as the Rest of ur illusions.

Now thanks for listening and see ya in 2 years .

Meanwhile in the secret AN office : u Think thats enough to make all mesmer players quit so we can delete the class soon?

-"we could nerf chrono in addition"

"Give that man a Cookie"

If the next patches got Chrono nerfs and no mirage fixes i'll quit the game.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Ok at this point i got to disagree. I rock wvw with mirage. Killin spellbreakers and scourges ( roamin mirage ofc)

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. That you manage to kill people in WvW doesn't change that the class (and by extension, the elite spec) is utterly borked at a basic design level.

@Carighan.6758 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Ok at this point i got to disagree. I rock wvw with mirage. Killin spellbreakers and scourges ( roamin mirage ofc)

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. That you manage to kill people in WvW doesn't change that the class (and by extension, the elite spec) is utterly borked at a basic design level.

dude im one of those guys permanently making threads about needed fixxing and buffing for mirage. The fact that Mirage is already a good dueling class does not change it.Mirage could be THE dueling spec, and should be.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9828/mesmer-breaks-enemy-targeting-skills-cancel-your-auto-attack#latest

Description:When using Mesmer skills that have the "Breaks Enemy Targeting" modifier, YOUR auto-attack is cancelled. You have to press 1 again to resume auto-attacking.

Enemies in PvP/WvW can quickly determine who the player character is, as he is the only one NOT attacking (clones resume their auto-attacks immediately).

This also adds significant "clunk" to an otherwise fluid playstyle; players must press 1 and resume auto-attacking BEFORE dodging to Mirage Cloak / Ambush, as the Ambush fails to hit when the player is not attacking. This is especially critical for Illusory Ambush, as the player loses the Ambush opportunity created by the skill if they fail to press 1 in time.

"Breaks Enemy Targeting" may have been linked to the Stealth mechanic? When players enter Stealth, they stop auto-attacking; if they didn't, they'd immediately reveal themselves. This behavior is contradictory to the nature of "Breaks Enemy Targeting" skills, however, as the skills encourage immediate attacks (and Ambushes).

Skills affected:

• Axes of Symmetry
  • Illusory Ambush
  • Mirror Images

Reproduction:

1. Equip skills listed above.
  2. Equip any other weapon sets (Scepter, Staff).
  3. Summon clones. (optional)
  4. Use "Breaks Enemy Targeting" skills.
  5. Wonder why you aren't attacking any more.

Notes:When the player has a ranged weapon equipped, they will fire exactly one auto-attack projectile, but will stand still afterwards. This includes Illusory Ambush (the Ambush itself is wasted unless the player presses 1 immediately).

Mirage has a pretty good mechanic, mirage cloak and a very strong skill --- mirage thrust.

But that is literally all the good things about mirage. Luckily, these are strong enough to carry mirage to a decent playable level. All other skills/mechanics are either underwhelming or non-functional.

@Harry Foud.1935 said:This is a post with all of the Mirage's problems and bugs hoping someone from Anet will see it.

SkillsAxe 2: doesn't always spawn a clone especially if the target is not immobile. It seems to suffer from some huge desync or skill queuing issue that presents itself as forcing large delays before the skill activates. Using the skill often feels like you're playing with 250ms ping, and it's really odd and problematic. It results in getting hit by attacks due to the animation lock, using it twice due to skill queuing, and just generally feeling completely awful.Axe 3: low range after the shadowstep, breaks Mirage's target also and is rng targeting other enemies than the one u want. Best it will land your dmg as intended , worst it will lead to a team wipe in raid . In pvp , the long cast time or animation is also the problem . In pvp a skill which is supposed to give mesmer mobility and a way to avoid being targeted , it makes him a huge pink fly in mid air. And it will still fail to hit the intended target. Also sometimes it moves you to places that cause camera issues, unable to move from invsible walls etc.Axe anbush: Doesn't work if you dont look face to face with the enemy even if you have targeted him. Axe ambush on clones does not trigger axe trait, usual clone attacks do trigger axe trait.Staff ambush: Orb that goes in a straight line, extremely easy to avoid even without dodge.

TraitsRiddle of sand + infinite horizon no synergy.1,5 sec protection every 10 seconds is a master trait.Dune cloak bug/tooltip. 3 stacks bleed for 4 seconds, not 2 for 6.Speed of sand should be added to Mirage clock trait and be replaced with smething else.

Utility SkillsSand though glass: Makes no sense to spawn the mirror at the starting point. Now I have to go back to the place I was trying to evade?!

Core problemsThe only thing he is suppose to do, single target dmg, is being done better than other classes.Much dmg is suppose to come from illusions but the fact that they have very low health makes them very vulnerable to all kinds of dmg.Theoritically the idea behind Mirage is to fool your foes no knowing which one you are. Well no decent player will be ever fooled from that.It has the pick up mecanism (mirrors), something the community hated already from Rev's healing and Guardian's aegis.He doesn't have a 25% movement speed buff (This is a problem to core Mesmer too).For a class so mobile he doesn't have the proper damage to take advantage of it. That's why most of us play power MirageFeels like it does not belong to the game. It has no utility to offer and it's the worst thing in the world to play a class and have people telling you to change in order to raid or do fractals with them.

Note: Benchmarks don't apply to the whole game. Hitting a golem is far from reality. The build that they use in benchmarks requires you to stack your phantasmas and keep them alive. This, first of all, can't be a reality in pvp or wvw cause players will kill them easily. And also it makes your shatters useless because why shatter a fully stacked phantasm. Also keep in mind that while in benchmarks they use condi Mirage, most people play power Mirage for a reason in pvp/wvw.

Those are the bugs and problems of Mirage, maybe some fellow Mesmer players can add stuff or correct some. I just hope someone from anet see this thread and look into it. Thank you :)

U might not know this but benchmarks and the mirage one in specific is for pve only

@Exciton.8942 said:Mirage has a pretty good mechanic, mirage cloak and a very strong skill --- mirage thrust.

But that is literally all the good things about mirage. Luckily, these are strong enough to carry mirage to a decent playable level. All other skills/mechanics are either underwhelming or non-functional.

Condi mirage is silly.

I don't know - it seems like mirage is poorly planned this time 'round, compared to nearly every other class. As many have already said, the synergy and playstyle with the traits and mirrors is really quite clunky, which calls into question just how much effort they've even put in designing this. Looking at guardian with all the tome skills, ele with all the new combination skills, I'm just a little salty about what seems like class (profession?) favoritism.

Archived