Not So Secret JP is not fair / broken.

I know this is going to be criticised, but oh well.This jumping puzzle is infuriating, and I'd argue broken. This is the only JP I can think of that does not require skill, only luck, and it comes down to two particular parts of it.

Towards the end, you have to jump on a pile of rocks. There's an invisible barrier that pushes the player back if they jump too close / high, which risks falling off entirely.The second issue is the part immediately after. There is absolutely no consistency with how the cogwheels launch you. Every time I have either been overshot, or forced to collide with the pillar.

@"SpiritSharD.2650" said:I know this is going to be criticised, but oh well.This jumping puzzle is infuriating, and I'd argue broken. This is the only JP I can think of that does not require skill, only luck, and it comes down to two particular parts of it.

Towards the end, you have to jump on a pile of rocks. There's an invisible barrier that pushes the player back if they jump too close / high, which risks falling off entirely.The second issue is the part immediately after. There is absolutely no consistency with how the cogwheels launch you. Every time I have either been overshot, or forced to collide with the pillar.

the only JP that relies on luck is the old Weyandt's Revenge where you need to jump down the waterfall and pray not get hit by a rock spike on the way down

I not sure why people always yelling at Not so Secret as being hard, at beginning it is hard, but when you had done it on 12 toons everyday for months (to get the blade shards) it becomes really easy

there is nothing difficult about the cogs, you just need to face the direction you are going to and jump on it, and not jumping on it while it is spinningthe piston jump are the ones that have some difficulties being under or over

the only difficult jump is the one that you need to jump from the pipe to a bottom fin of the airship

as for the rock? not sure where you referring to

if you think this is hard, Emberbay will make you want to uninstall the game, not only it is ridiculously long, it full of extremely tricky jumpsthere are some ledges where if you fall you have to way point out and restart from the beginning

the jp have checkpoints that you personally have to go through, so a mesmer cannot port you to the end

it's not uncommon for people to spent 2-5hours in there

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:as for the rock? not sure where you referring to

I assume the rock is on the way to the goggles (around the 6:03 mark on that video) as that's the only part I can think of that can possibly cause issues. It's technically not part of the JP as that ends once you have access to the top of the airship.

not really a difficult one, there's plenty of foot space, emberbay had worse ones

but i do recall the pistons to the googles were a bit of a pain

and I'd say the diving jump is more difficult than the entire JP, have to dodge so many poles on the way down; getting poled you have to start all the way from the wp, so highly recommend doing the dive with a mesmer friend or park a mesmer on an alt account

@"Galmac.4680" said:This JP is quite hard, but it seems you never tried that in ember bay or at mont draconis. THAT are broken puzzles, "not so secret " is a kindergarten compared to them.

I find not so secret harder than either, but neither are broken and neither is this.

If you struggle with jumping puzzles, like those two i highly recommend the position reminder obtained in one of the LS3 maps, makes the harder jumping puzzles a cake walk.