Full Counter + Magebane Tether Interaction With Mesmer

ButterPeanut.9746

It's very frustrating when magebane tether proc is up and you use FC to proc it on a mesmer, but the clone ends up getting the tether proc. The clone can easily be shattered. This shouldn't happen.

Magebane tether should only proc on clone if the mesmer completely avoids the burst skill (either evade, block, distortion, out of range, etc). If the burst skill hits the mesmer and the clones, Magebane should pick the mesmer 100% of the time.

@Sobx.1758 said:Terrible short-sighted idea that only considers the well being of the single class you play and try to bend other classes' mechanics so they fit you instead of serving them like they should. Isn't cleaving clones easy enough?

Yeah I second this. Just target the real Mesmer with a single target burst. They are pretty easy to spot, might not always be easy to get to, but when you fight enough of them you figure out pretty quick which is the real one. Sneeze on the clones and they die btw.

@Sobx.1758 said:Terrible short-sighted idea that only considers the well being of the single class you play and try to bend other classes' mechanics so they fit you instead of serving them like they should. Isn't cleaving clones easy enough?

The problem is if you cleave the clones with magebane attached to them, or if the mesmer shatters the clone, it removes the magebane (because the clone is gone). This is really rough for warrior's sustain.

Cleaving clones really depends on the situation. Effectively every warrior build at this point is melee. A staff or scepter clone won't melee you if it can range. Yes you can LOS, but that become not viable at point due to the rate at which mesmer's can generate clones. Oh, and clones also dodge LUL. (mirage at least)

The mesmer has a ton of counter play still. They can dodge, blurred frenzy, blink away, distortion, use stealth to move out prior to FC hitting, etc. FC's attack range is only 300, it's not like I'm asking to always 1200 range hit the mesmer and never the clone. All I'm asking is if the mesmer and the clone both get hit on a 300 range attack, prioritize the critical function of the build onto the player and not the clone.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah I second this. Just target the real Mesmer with a single target burst. They are pretty easy to spot, might not always be easy to get to, but when you fight enough of them you figure out pretty quick which is the real one. Sneeze on the clones and they die btw.

So considering you always run GS and have full counter with SPB, this is at max 33% of the primary class mechanic that is functioning properly vs mesmer. I personally don't find that acceptable.

Sure there are times where the tether happens to always be up on your dagger F1, but saying you can only single target burst skill on warrior against mesmer is a bit short sighted IMO.

Again, I'm not asking that it ignores clones entirely...Just if I also hit the mesmer. If the mesmer is out of range, or he dodges, blinds, evades with frenzy, distortion, blinks away, etc, then its fine to proc magebane on the clone.

@Warlord.9074 said:It just shouldn't proc on clones or pets at all. But the middle trait might be better vs condi mesmers anyways so I wouldn't use megebane vs that class anyways.

Not anymore. You need the sustain from magebane still. Unless you are running some meme build with defense or tactics, then maybe you could get away with it. The 10% modifier is also important, but it's less of my focus in this particular thread.

unrealistic against any decent mesmer plat +, not full countering for mitigation and solely rely on dagger burst to hit main is death.

@Lighter.5631 said:

unrealistic against any decent mesmer plat +, not full countering for mitigation and solely rely on dagger burst to hit main is death.

I take it that you have difficulty with mesmers then...

here we go again, no realistic counter argument but doubt other's skill level, keep it going.

@Lighter.5631 said:

here we go again, no realistic counter argument but doubt other's skill level, keep it going.

It's pretty much what you did so...

It's pretty much what you did so...

actually no, my arguments are realistic because i can prove you in game and I'll be happy to do so, but you can't because all you know is dodge and talk :)

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:Or we could suggest an actual change like make tether a flip skill that we have to activate ourselves functioning similar to dragonhunter's pull.

Completely separate topic, but I do like that idea. What I'm suggesting is not related to how you activate the tether pull, but rather which target has the tether in the first place. No need to be passive aggressive with a comment that is not related to the topic.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:Or we could suggest an actual change like make tether a flip skill that we have to activate ourselves functioning similar to dragonhunter's pull.

Completely separate topic, but I do like that idea. What I'm suggesting is not related to how you activate the tether pull, but rather which target has the tether in the first place. No need to be passive aggressive with a comment that is not related to the topic.

I mean flip skill as in if you successfully block something you get to select who to throw tether at. And im responding general to all the non real responses to this problem .

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:

I mean flip skill as in if you successfully block something you get to select who to throw tether at. And im responding general to all the non real responses to this problem .

Well then here is a solution. Tether 5 targets instead of 1.

unironically there is a situation on dragonhunter where it is possible to tether multiple targets but its probably a bug or something or pve related.

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:

unironically there is a situation on dragonhunter where it is possible to tether multiple targets but its probably a bug or something or pve related.

No, Spear of Justice pierces and hits multiple foes. Hunter's Verdict pulls every foe that was hit by the spear.